Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Curious... Whatever happened to the Ronaldinho of old? In his prime he was arguably one of the best there ever was and while he's still a great player he's a shadow of his former self. What happened? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    Curious... Whatever happened to the Ronaldinho of old? In his prime he was arguably one of the best there ever was and while he's still a great player he's a shadow of his former self. What happened? :/
    His partying lifestyle is probably the main reason (a problem which has affected quite a few top-level Brazilians), as well as a simple loss of pace. It's interesting to note how his role has evolved at Milan though: whereas at Barca he was a whirlpool of attacking energy, the master of dribbling, under Leonardo during the 2009-2010 season he became a very effective playmaker - his passing and vision I think have improved, while the more physical side of his game has declined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    His partying lifestyle is probably the main reason (a problem which has affected quite a few top-level Brazilians), as well as a simple loss of pace. It's interesting to note how his role has evolved at Milan though: whereas at Barca he was a whirlpool of attacking energy, the master of dribbling, under Leonardo during the 2009-2010 season he became a very effective playmaker - his passing and vision I think have improved, while the more physical side of his game has declined.
    It's sad to see players like Ronaldinho and the Brazilian Ronaldo decline. A part of me wishes they'd never age lol. I still remember that time Ronaldinho absolutely flattened John terry can't remember if he scored after or not... Oh and that goal vs Chelsea when he let rip from a standing position.

ReputationRep:
    Real 4-0 up and qualified. Ramos and Alonso are on yellows that they dont want to carry through to the knockout phase so they get themselves reds. lol.

ahhh mou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Real 4-0 up and qualified. Ramos and Alonso are on yellows that they dont want to carry through to the knockout phase so they get themselves reds. lol.

ahhh mou.
    I just saw that aswell. Who can blame them really? And I like how as Ramos was walking off he still shook the referee's hand.

ReputationRep:
    lol uefa should look into that.
    As if they would be timewasting when they are 4-0 ahead...
    If it was two Arsenal players I would expect UEFA to punish them and fine the club.
    But since they play for Real madrid nothing will happen :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    How long did Suarez get? What a character :mmm:

Players assaulting others on the field should get similar bans to what they use in rugby. Not 'games' but 'weeks/months'.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/9225097.stm

7 games. Worth looking at the link for the replay of his world cup save :sogood:

Not sure why there's so much difference between him and Eto but this is the type of punishment needed to stamp it out, I know leg breaking tackles produce a worse end result but they're almost exclusively accidental and tackling is part of football, fighting is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)

ahhh mou.
    The commentators on my stream went crazy when that happened, had a proper rant. :teehee:

But yeh, UEFA are "looking into it".

EDIT: after doing some "research" apparently Dudek masterminded the whole plan :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have a problem with what Ramos and Alonso did, it's bending the rules slightly but it's clever more than anything. If they get additional bans on top of the one match then surely the same has to apply to fouls like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*Student)
    lol uefa should look into that.
    As if they would be timewasting when they are 4-0 ahead...
    If it was two Arsenal players I would expect UEFA to punish them and fine the club.
    But since they play for Real madrid nothing will happen :/
    :lolwut: That famous UEFA vendetta against Arsenal :facepalm2:

No action should be taken, would be ridiculous if anything came of it. Had Fabregas been fit for the weekend, he would definitely have been looking for a yellow card in order to miss the upcoming Carling Cup match rather than a league game and nothing would have been said.

ReputationRep:
    Camp Mou :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Messi's 23rd of the season. Such a sexy goal. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised Alonso/Ramos did it so openly, not even using unassuming ways via a half hearted tackle etc. Alot of players probably do it but for them to do it so openly and shake the ref's hand while they trod off seems to say: "Thanks ref, appreciate it!". I hope UEFA look into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Messi's 23rd of the season. Such a sexy goal. :coma:
    Classic Barca :coma:

Regarding the Madrid red cards, whilst they were idiotic (no suprises) in the way the did it Mourinho talking to a coach, then talks to Dudek, who goes to talk to Casillas who then gives the orders to Ramos, you can't punish them. Sure it's bad sportmanship but the rules are their. UEFA can either change the rules or if they end up penalising Madrid then start a dangerous precedent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Barca will get annihilated in the El Classico I think. Real can just sit back and hoof the ball the Ronaldo. Basically a quicker, more direct version of Inter last season.
    That's what United did in 2008 :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Classic Barca :coma:

Regarding the Madrid red cards, whilst they were idiotic (no suprises) in the way the did it Mourinho talking to a coach, then talks to Dudek, who goes to talk to Casillas who then gives the orders to Ramos, you can't punish them. Sure it's bad sportmanship but the rules are their. UEFA can either change the rules or if they end up penalising Madrid then start a dangerous precedent.
    Especially Iniesta's little shuffle and pass to the other side. :coma:

Any guesses on how many goals Messi will end up on come May time? At this rate its going to be nearing 60... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Rafa is safe until the spring.....

ReputationRep:
    Straight swap with Hodgson and Rafa please :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Spaletti may have to wait a while longer for the Inter job then.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for tonight :excited:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.