Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    That guy Stalin advertised it as vintage Arsenal. That goal is nothing like the Arsenal I know.
    I'd just like to know your opinion:
    State your top 5 Arsenal players.
    And bottom 5.
    No order.

ReputationRep:
    That guy Stalin advertised it as vintage Arsenal. That goal is nothing like the Arsenal I know.
    It's the modern day Arsenal goal. Pass and move.

Perhaps you need to watch a wee bit more of the team you support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    Agreed Stalin, besides it's not as if we haven't challenged is it? Consistently in the champions league (final 06), never outside the top 4 in the prem (should have won 07-08 season), league and fa cup form in recent years hasn't been amazing but we've been there or thereabouts. Whilst it's extremely frustrating that we haven't won anything in four years I'd much rather come 2nd for 10 years than come 1st for 1 year and be 4th or worse the next few years. Whatever you say about Arsene in recent years he has built this club into the force it is and was, without him Arsenal would not be challenging for the title as regularly and certainly wouldn't be as financially stable.
    Qualifying for the CL is a minimum requirement for a club like Arsenal, as is finishing in the top 4. Hell, finishing in the top 4 was extremely easy for a 'big 4' club until 2 years ago. I wouldn't say it's the incredible achievement you're making it out to be (considering, bar 2007/2008, you finished around 10 points adrift of Man Utd/Arsenal - I wouldn't call that a 'serious' title change). In more recent times, which side has finished 1st for a year then become 4th or worse the next few years? Probably only Blackburn. If you want to continue finishing 3rd then that's fine. But, imo, the Premiership is becoming more difficult and teams like Man City/Tottenham should be taken seriously as they are, evidently, closing the gap. You'll probably finish 2nd this year but Chelsea will be very angry next year, I expect some major signings at Stamford Bridge in the summer transfer window.

Arsene has built a good financial blah blah blah but has also turned the majority of your fans into football snobs. Replacing him could be very difficult as a result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    And bottom 5.
    No order.
    Top 5 players this season or of all time?

If it's this season:

Cesc, Nasri, Sagna, Song and Walcott have impressed me so far. Vermaelen would've made it onto the list alas he's been injured for 15 odd years now, I've not seen enough of Sczcnfnsdfsi and Kos isn't looking too bad.

As for 5 worst: Arshavin hasn't impressed me, Denilson's horrendous, I suppose you can add Diaby to that list, Bendtner hasn't impressed me in his new position (I still firmly believe he's completely useless on the wing) and Flapianski's had a few problems.

ReputationRep:
    Top 5:

Nasri
    Song
    Wilshere
    Sagna
    Walcott

Bottom 5:

Eboue
    Denilson
    Bendtner
    Arshavin
    Squillaci

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Joachim Loew definitely favours a youth policy and favours attacking football, but I don't think he's really accustomed to club management, is he?
    True, but he could probably learn swiftly. Germany's style at the world cup was highly impressive to me and Loew got a very high level out of players that do not excel notably domestically (Friedrich, Khedira, Podolski and more). His playstyle was really great to watch and made a nice contrast to Spain/Barca possession style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    Haha, funny cos I don't neg anyone or give anyone thumbs up except if they make me laugh out in a good way. So no.

But still congratulations for maintaining your good reputation! On TSR! It must mean a lot to you.
    Likewise I have never negged anyone in this forum. I think it's the reason their views are so optimistic and dismiss any negative posts, in search for positive rep. Deep down they must know Arsenal are a club in severe trouble, they must.

ReputationRep:
    What do the Arsenal fans think is going to be the most probable line-up tomorrow?

Also your thread is like a war zone!

ReputationRep:
    'Severe trouble'?

We're not Dundee or (RIP) Gretna, ffs.

ReputationRep:
    My top 5:
    nasri
    sagna
    djourou/rvp : from the late comers
    walcott
    cesc

wilshere comes close...chamakh too (if it werent for his recent U-turning MO)...arshavin's stats arent too bad too...but the above are the teams engine..songisnt too bad

bottom:
    EBOUE and his horrendous diving acts are annoying :facepalm2:
    Bender. Laze
    squillaci ...some of his backpasses are a mistake waiting to happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    And bottom 5.
    No order.
    If we are talking about current players, based on natural ability so excluding form, in no order:

Top 5

Fabregas
    Nasri
    Van Persie
    Arshavin (Easily bottom 5 if it was on form)
    Diaby (I know it sound silly now, but once he's back in fitness and is playing week in and week out I have no hesitation to put him in top 5)

Other than that we have a whole bunch of players who are equally mediocre.

Bottom 5

Bentdner
    Walcott
    GK (Fabianski/Almunia)
    Denilson
    Vela

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    What do the Arsenal fans think is going to be the most probable line-up tomorrow?

Also your thread is like a war zone!
    If Arsene wants to win the game ...Probably this :
    Code:
    Chesney
    sagna - Kos - Djourou - Clichy
           Song-Wilshere
                   Cesc
       Walcott - RVP -Nasri

ReputationRep:
    Your top 5 imo is:
    Fabregas - ability and influence
    Nasri - form and ability
    Sagna - only good defender
    Song
    Van Persie?

ReputationRep:
    Nasri
    Fabregas
    Sagna
    Song
    Frimpong

ReputationRep:
    Why has Vermaelen fallen so far in your opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    It's the modern day Arsenal goal. Pass and move.

Perhaps you need to watch a wee bit more of the team you support.
    Hence not winning in a trophy in years. We have adopted players like Walcott and Bentnder to do the job that Bergkamp and Henry did. What a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know if you'd noticed or not, but neither are first-teamers, and Walcott is played on the wing rather than up-front.

Bendtner is akin to Christopher Wreh/Kanu in terms of squad importance.

As it happens, Bendtner has exactly the same scoring rate as Kanu (1 every 4 apps) at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppasloth)
    Why has Vermaelen fallen so far in your opinions?
    Hardly played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Joachim Loew definitely favours a youth policy and favours attacking football, but I don't think he's really accustomed to club management, is he?
    Remember reading that Loew had won a couple of things managing Stuttgart but that was back in the late 90s but has only really managed small clubs between Stuttgart and the German National team.
    Maybe eventually promote from within, someone like Brady or Bould - both would obviously represent a risk.

Top 5 of the season so far would be:
    Nasri, Sagna, Fabregas, Song and Wilshere.

ReputationRep:
    Hence not winning in a trophy in years. We have adopted players like Walcott and Bentnder to do the job that Bergkamp and Henry did. What a disgrace.
    Wrong. Under Mourinho, Chelsea were unstoppable and during the 2 odd years when Fergie won the CL and the PL Man Utd were unstoppable. Recreating the 'invincibles' team we had once upon a time would've cost millions.

Bendtner and Henry play very different roles. The former holds the ball up and the latter is goalscorer.

Comparing Bergkamp to Walcott is like comparing Nani to Berbatov.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.