Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    holy **** you owned macro, I got 78 for macro add that to my 84 for micro I got an A overall, just by 2 marks. OCR are moda****ers
    yeah man haha , im really happy with that i thought i'd failed it so bad. really dissapointed with the micro though , there's no ****ing way i got a C on that gonna have a look at that script !

good job with your results man ! maybe by 2 marks , but you still got an A , unlike me lol ( missed by a mark ! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisa96)
    well done on macro though!

I got 96 in micro and 86 in macro. Most of the people in my class got around mid 70s in the macro exam
    nice one ! you got some top results there yeah same here , i seem to be the only one thats got an A in the macro paper , most people did well on the micro than macro. i dunno what happened , im praying my examiner was a complete ****tard hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varsh05)
    Same here
    luckily it didnt as I got a high B on it!! got an overall A as well so im into my firm! how did u do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    luckily it didnt as I got a high B on it!! got an overall A as well so im into my firm! how did u do?
    Hey how did your results go in F322 and overall, you must have done well ad you hot your firm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or do the AQA tables not have the information about UMS? I don't have my raw marks, only UMS, so I don't know how close my grades are to the boundaries. Can anyone help with this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    Hey how did your results go in F322 and overall, you must have done well ad you hot your firm

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey!! i got an A in f322, 135/150 ! how did u do? I got AAAE overall so I got into my firm what did u get overall in chemistry and your other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatgirlbecky)
    Is it me or do the AQA tables not have the information about UMS? I don't have my raw marks, only UMS, so I don't know how close my grades are to the boundaries. Can anyone help with this??
    If you type 'AQA ums converter' into google and click on the first link, you'll find a ums converter (no surprise there) that you can play around with by putting in random sets of raw marks and seeing what ums it converts into. That was, when you put in a raw mark that converts to your ums, you know that's what you got. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    hey!! i got an A in f322, 135/150 ! how did u do? I got AAAE overall so I got into my firm what did u get overall in chemistry and your other subjects?
    Well done! What did you get in F215?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatgirlbecky)
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thers)
    Well done! What did you get in F215?
    thank you!! i got the same, an a* 135/150 yourself? I was super shocked at that, expected to get a D! which means i got an A overall which I thought would never happen :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Got AABB, in Biology, maths, physics and chemistry, got screwed over by OCR for chemistry only got 118 ums in F322 which brought me down to a B, might get it remarked! Anyway congratulations on your firm,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got AABB, in Biology, maths, physics and chemistry, got screwed over by OCR for chemistry only got 118 ums in F322 which brought me down to a B, might get it remarked! Anyway congratulations on your firm,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh wow thats great! 118 is still really good, and I only just scraped a B at AS but brought it up to an A this year so don't worry u can improve on ur a2 exams congrats and best of luck for next year

ReputationRep:
    thank you!! i got the same, an a* 135/150 yourself? I was super shocked at that, expected to get a D! which means i got an A overall which I thought would never happen :eek:
    That's a really good score for such a tough module. I got 110/150, was expecting slightly higher but thankfully I was over the A grade by 15 UMS already from AS and f214 so I managed to scrape an A overall! I never have to do another OCR biology suggest question again!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused. In my Psychology I apparently only got an E for both the tests yet got a Mark of 48 for both of them, according to the grade boundaries I should of got a B. Can someone help?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thers)
    That's a really good score for such a tough module. I got 110/150, was expecting slightly higher but thankfully I was over the A grade by 15 UMS already from AS and f214 so I managed to scrape an A overall! I never have to do another OCR biology suggest question again!
    thank you! I swear I had the nicest examiner ever! ahh thats good you had some leeway from AS, i got a B so knew i would need super high on this exam to get an overall A. me too I scraped it by 3ums! congrats and woo never again! now bring on uni
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 79 in F322 which is a D, I thought I got an A :'( Well done on those result though, they're amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talents)
    I'm so confused. In my Psychology I apparently only got an E for both the tests yet got a Mark of 48 for both of them, according to the grade boundaries I should of got a B. Can someone help?
    48 is your UMS mark not your raw mark (i.e. the mark of an exam)

40 UMS - E

50 UMS - D

60 UMS - C

etc

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in AS English Lit, 74 marks for the coursework and 108 for the exam paper. Obviously I'm thrilled to get an A, but I haven't taken an exam in years and was wondering what this translates to? I know the maximum scaled mark for the paper was 90 and for the coursework it was 60. I'm guessing this means I got high As in both, but I'm not totally sure.

Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, hope you all got the grades you were hoping for! Does anyone know if there's a UMS to raw mark converter on OCR? Or how the UMS works for OCR? (I know that for AQA, after a certain mark say 75/80 and above you achieve full UMS. Also for every mark you jump 2 UMS e.g, the UMS jumps are all the same size..) Don't know whether for OCR it's only possible to receive full UMS if you actually got full raw marks, or how the UMS increments are scaled.

Can someone help or is it a bit of a mystery?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seb94)
    In Edexcel Maths I got 237/300.

C1 - 83
    C2 - 79
    S1 - 75

A) Is a maths remark worth it?
    B) Does anyone know the charge for edexcel papers (non-priority)
    C) How many raw marks would people think it would take for 3 UMS? Would 2 be enough?
    I got 237/240 as well

C1-84
    C2-86
    D1-67

A)My teachers didn't advise for a remark but to get the extra 3ums out of the other modules. I would still resit D1 just i case but will try to do better in C3.

B)For a remark it costs £36 per unit non priority

C)It'll be like 2/3 marks

Its really annoying, so close yet so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.