Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My application sadly isn't ready, it's two weeks minimum courses are open for isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildrover)
    My application sadly isn't ready, it's two weeks minimum courses are open for isn't it?

Yep

ReputationRep:
    Is it open yet? Doesn't seem to be for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And good luck everyone !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Is it open yet? Doesn't seem to be for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately not yet no!

ReputationRep:
    This may seem like a silly question but I have not looked at Schools Direct options properly... could I apply to Nottingham three times via different lead schools on UCAS? :s That seems to be the option. Is there no way to apply for all of the schools Notts caters for? Seems incredibly limiting to just have the applicant able to apply for one school, i.e one spot on four places.

ReputationRep:
    Not open yet! I've been checking every half hour. Working abroad so 4 hrs ahead...impatient to get started!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    This may seem like a silly question but I have not looked at Schools Direct options properly... could I apply to Nottingham three times via different lead schools on UCAS? :s That seems to be the option. Is there no way to apply for all of the schools Notts caters for? Seems incredibly limiting to just have the applicant able to apply for one school, i.e one spot on four places.
    That would be because for Schools Direct you're applying for the school, not the uni. So although they're all under Nottingham uni the schools themselves are what you're applying for, so why would they merge it all together? Most schools are in alliances, which is a group of schools, and you pick or get placed in one of those schools.

ReputationRep:
    To all those waiting... Go to sleep!
    It won't open until midmorning at the earliest and is likely to crash and become unusable anyway

ReputationRep:
    Where is the link to apply on the website? Or do we register through the undergraduate section?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deja Vu)

TL;DR version: applying to a third option takes no extra effort at this stage - so nothing to lose but potentially something/everything to gain. I'm not saying necessarily that you should consider it equal to your other choices - it's completely fine to have a first/second/third best option (in previous years you actually did rank your choices this way on your application form... awkward!) but surely it is better to apply - seeing as though you're going through the pain in the arse that is UCAS anyway - and leave the "but do I/don't I wanna go down this route" conversation later, if and when you come to that bridge.

I know I'd personally feel like a complete turnip if my other two choices both rejected me and I'd be constantly thinking "what if". Not worth it for the extra few minutes it takes to apply!
    S!
    Thank you for your long reply!

This is the other angle I was considering, how annoyed with myself I'd be if this happened! But I'm worried (I know this may sound presumptious but it's just my brain over thinking it all!) That if I were to get an offer first from Schools Direct before hearing from my 'top' choices I'd have to take it as I don't really feel I could turn down what may be my only offer!! So then I'd be in the awkward position of having to accept my third choice before any others?

Am I just seriously over thinking this??

Sorry for any mistakes, it's early and I'm trying to type on my phone :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kniamh)
    Not open yet! I've been checking every half hour. Working abroad so 4 hrs ahead...impatient to get started!!
    I'm working abroad too! Where are you? I'm a bit worried they might consider my application an international one, when it's not. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deja Vu)
    Good luck everyone! I am setting my alarm for 7am regardless.... I know I have more chance of having sex with Jesus than it being live at 7am but hey ho! It's all part of the fun!

Good luck everyone! xxx

(Woops just realised I already said that. Too excited to remove it.... think these tablets are having a weird effect on me!)
    Oh god, it's 7:30 and I've had a terrible night's sleep but this just made me laugh like a nutter! And hey- you were right, it's not open yet. Glad I'm busy today because I'd be refreshing the page every two minutes wondering why it's not working!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsVictoria)
    I'm working abroad too! Where are you? I'm a bit worried they might consider my application an international one, when it's not. :confused:

I'm in Abu Dhabi! You? I've never even considered my application being thought of as an international one..I hope it's not! :confused: I doubt it will though..I just really want to get started on it.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh totally forgot it was today - even though I've been waiting for agggeeesss.

Exciting! Good luck! All my choices are on the search, my PS is ready to go and my referees are on standby!

ReputationRep:
    Haha. I just got up, frantically getting my kids ready for the school run while I am swearing at the UCAS website because I can't apply - I need to chill out! I have the morning off work, so going to chill for a couple of hours then get back to it. Just so I am not going mad - there is no way to apply for post grad just yet on the website, and also my course isn't even showing up, so I guess it's just a case of waiting?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to drop my kids off at pre-school then come back and check it again. If there's still no sign I'm going to go for a run to calm me down! I've got everything ready to go, bar my school reference which I will sort this morning, so it's only filling out a form. I don't know why I'm so het up! God help me if I actually get an interview! :-s

ReputationRep:
    Anxiety anxiety anxiety...Trying so hard to be patient...

Are they going to put that link for "apply" or NOT?!

ReputationRep:
    I am getting so nervous! Don't think I will complete my application today but I want to get it started already!!

ReputationRep:
    well, 9 o'clock has been and gone. I'll try again at 10 I guess. tick, tock, tick, tock...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.