The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anxious Owl
Hmmm....

This could make sense, but I'm seriously confused because I should be rejected already. My stats are:

UKCAT: 747.5
Tariff: 430

I didn't apply under any allowance/scheme. (I applied normally with a low tariff because I'm a numpty).

I'm just assuming that my rejection is yet to come and thus the undergrad rejections have not ceased :s-smilie: unless I'm wrong of course...

I applied with 767.5 UKCAT and 460 UCAS Tariff so i'm sort of in a similar position to you. There is a possibility that a rejection might be on its way, or QM might have simply put more emphasis on the PS (not that likely as they can't change the admissions process just like that). Either way I don't think we can predict whether we're bound to get a rejection or not because clearly this year admissions is different to previous years. I guess we just need to wait until we get a response :smile: who knows when that'll be eh? :tongue: good luck!
Original post by Tee Logan x
I applied with 767.5 UKCAT and 460 UCAS Tariff so i'm sort of in a similar position to you. There is a possibility that a rejection might be on its way, or QM might have simply put more emphasis on the PS (not that likely as they can't change the admissions process just like that). Either way I don't think we can predict whether we're bound to get a rejection or not because clearly this year admissions is different to previous years. I guess we just need to wait until we get a response :smile: who knows when that'll be eh? :tongue: good luck!

Oh wow, I'm not the only one!

Don't you think it's weird that people with better stats have already been rejected? I'm also hoping that they've looked at the PS more closely, I think it's one of my strong points.

Good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Don't you think it's weird that people with better stats have already been rejected? I'm also hoping that they've looked at the PS more closely, I think it's one of my strong points.

Yupp you're not alone :') yeah it is really odd because i'm pretty sure they've worked their asses off to get those extra tariff points and it's not fair how they've rejected them just like that. Yeah the PS is also one of my strong points. Thank you :smile:
Original post by MJK91
Rejected from Barts on Track but no email yet :/ I got 740 and applied for graduate entry.

Ahh dude sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your remaining choices, you only need one offer! I'm now extremely worried
Reply 1384
Original post by nhta112
I have 660 tariffs and 682.5 UKCAT. What about you? I hope that we have not been rejected :frown:(

I don't know my tariff. Not sure I have many tariffable achievements. So I'm not sure. But I have a ukcat of 710. And I'm doing the Irish leaving certificate with predicated grades of A1 A1 A1 A1 A2 A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
They can change the selection however they want I know it's not fair and stuff but they can. Last year most of us applied on tariff rather than UKCAT because they never explicitly stated that they would use this 50:50 thing but hey they did use it :s-smilie: my teacher said other schools have done it before too :frown:

But we shall see!

I've done this too! I misinterpreted the tariff and it just feels impossible to reach even with good grade predictions! Hoping they'll put a lot on PS :/
They don't look at the PS until interview... Don't understand where you're all getting this from.

Until they've confirmed that's what they're doing, it's best to not pass that on to other people and mislead them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Uwais.A
I don't know my tariff. Not sure I have many tariffable achievements. So I'm not sure. But I have a ukcat of 710. And I'm doing the Irish leaving certificate with predicated grades of A1 A1 A1 A1 A2 A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh another irish person! ive been so worried I was one of the only few! have you heard anything yet?
Reply 1389
Any UG been rejected yet?
Original post by Uwais.A

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an Irish applicant too :biggrin:

For the LC an A1 is 90 tariff points and an A2 is 77!! If you're doing a 7th subject you can count that too, as far as I know!!
Don't stress guys you will also get your rejections soon! All those people saying "Why haven't I been rejected, here are my stats" > They are probably going through this alphabetical order just like they have done with confirmation of application. Just sit back and relax! It's Christmas, eat, sleep and be merry! Chilllllaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxx
Hi, just wondering if the time of your interview has anything to do with ranking, like how UCL gives out waves interviews.
Reply 1393
Original post by nhta112
Hi! I am an international applicant as well!!! I am in the UK atm so if I can get an interview, I must attend it in London.
CONGRATS!!! I am really happy for you as it is so hard for international students to get an interview. Do you mind letting me know your stats so I kinda know what to expect for myself?

Hahah thank you! My ukcat is 717.5 though I'm not really sure of my tariff. Predicted AAAA in AS and A*AAA in A2. I also have some music qualifications which probably helped my tariff tonnes looking at the crazy scores Barts have been rejecting :\
Reply 1394
Original post by nailbiter
ahh another irish person! ive been so worried I was one of the only few! have you heard anything yet?

LoL I'm not Irish. I'm Nigerian but I'm doing the leaving cert rather than a-levels. No I haven't heard anything sadly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1395
Original post by TheBarberShop
I'm an Irish applicant too :biggrin:

For the LC an A1 is 90 tariff points and an A2 is 77!! If you're doing a 7th subject you can count that too, as far as I know!!

You can't count your 7th. They only count the 6. Atleast that's what they said when I called months back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1396
Original post by etry
Hahah thank you! My ukcat is 717.5 though I'm not really sure of my tariff. Predicted AAAA in AS and A*AAA in A2. I also have some music qualifications which probably helped my tariff tonnes looking at the crazy scores Barts have been rejecting :\

I know right? The competition is crazy this year!!!! Did they send you an article to read yet?
Reply 1397
Original post by nhta112
I know right? The competition is crazy this year!!!! Did they send you an article to read yet?

Yep they did! Short and sweet.
Original post by etry
Through email. Nothing on track so far. I'm an international applicant though.

are you a graduate?
Reply 1399
Original post by sherazhar
are you a graduate?

Nope! Undergrad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending