Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    wow all these rejections with such high ukcats! id be very interested to see who exactly gets these interviews! i hope theyve messed up their system somehow and take all the dumb rejections back! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    Rejected from Barts on Track but no email yet :/ I got 740 and applied for graduate entry.
    I'm so sorry to hear that! I will be joining your boat soon good luck for the rest of your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    Rejected from Barts on Track but no email yet :/ I got 740 and applied for graduate entry.
    I'm so sorry to hear that - can't believe their cut off has gone up at least 40!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    Just an FYI for people, it took an hour to get an email from ucas saying something on your track has changed after I was rejected. So I'd check ucas if you haven't already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't mean to quote you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Does anyone else think that QM have finished with undergrad rejections? Because the only rejections i'm seeing are from graduate applicants.
    This is speculative but I personally think they have because that's what happened last year: undergraduate rejections, then graduate rejections then interviews....If you're an undergrad (A-level, IB etc) and haven't got a rejection then you should hear about an interview sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)

That sucks. Hopefully you'll get an interview at your other choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oz40)

That sucks. Hopefully you'll get an interview at your other choices.
    Do you think they will give out more rejections tomorrow? I am so worried my ukcat is very close to 740

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mintea)
    Do you think they will give out more rejections tomorrow? I am so worried my ukcat is very close to 740

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably. They've done nothing but give out rejections over the past several days so I imagine it will continue.

But what really has puzzled me is the undergrad cut off for graduates. What the hell do they want for A100, a minimum UKCAT of 740?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oz40)
    Probably. They've done nothing but give out rejections over the past several days so I imagine it will continue.

But what really has puzzled me is the undergrad cut off for graduates. What the hell do they want for A100, a minimum UKCAT of 740?!
    I have no idea what is going on, I was offered an interview last year with 680. The competition is crazy this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etry)
    Interview on 2nd Jan in Singapore!
    Hi! I am an international applicant as well!!! I am in the UK atm so if I can get an interview, I must attend it in London.
    CONGRATS!!! I am really happy for you as it is so hard for international students to get an interview. Do you mind letting me know your stats so I kinda know what to expect for myself?

(Original post by thepizzamonster)
      This is speculative but I personally think they have because that's what happened last year: undergraduate rejections, then graduate rejections then interviews....If you're an undergrad (A-level, IB etc) and haven't got a rejection then you should hear about an interview sometime.
      Hmmm....

This could make sense, but I'm seriously confused because I should be rejected already. My stats are:

UKCAT: 747.5
      Tariff: 430

I didn't apply under any allowance/scheme. (I applied normally with a low tariff because I'm a numpty).

I'm just assuming that my rejection is yet to come and thus the undergrad rejections have not ceased unless I'm wrong of course...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anxious Owl)
      Hmmm....

This could make sense, but I'm seriously confused because I should be rejected already. My stats are:

UKCAT: 747.5
      Tariff: 430

I didn't apply under any allowance/scheme. (I applied normally with a low tariff because I'm a numpty).

I'm just assuming that my rejection is yet to come and thus the undergrad rejections have not ceased unless I'm wrong of course...
      I applied with 767.5 UKCAT and 460 UCAS Tariff so i'm sort of in a similar position to you. There is a possibility that a rejection might be on its way, or QM might have simply put more emphasis on the PS (not that likely as they can't change the admissions process just like that). Either way I don't think we can predict whether we're bound to get a rejection or not because clearly this year admissions is different to previous years. I guess we just need to wait until we get a response who knows when that'll be eh? good luck!

(Original post by Tee Logan x)
        I applied with 767.5 UKCAT and 460 UCAS Tariff so i'm sort of in a similar position to you. There is a possibility that a rejection might be on its way, or QM might have simply put more emphasis on the PS (not that likely as they can't change the admissions process just like that). Either way I don't think we can predict whether we're bound to get a rejection or not because clearly this year admissions is different to previous years. I guess we just need to wait until we get a response who knows when that'll be eh? good luck!
        Oh wow, I'm not the only one!

Don't you think it's weird that people with better stats have already been rejected? I'm also hoping that they've looked at the PS more closely, I think it's one of my strong points.

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:

Don't you think it's weird that people with better stats have already been rejected? I'm also hoping that they've looked at the PS more closely, I think it's one of my strong points.

Good luck to you too!
        Yupp you're not alone :') yeah it is really odd because i'm pretty sure they've worked their asses off to get those extra tariff points and it's not fair how they've rejected them just like that. Yeah the PS is also one of my strong points. Thank you

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by MJK91)
        Ahh dude sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your remaining choices, you only need one offer! I'm now extremely worried

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by nhta112)
        I have 660 tariffs and 682.5 UKCAT. What about you? I hope that we have not been rejected (
        I don't know my tariff. Not sure I have many tariffable achievements. So I'm not sure. But I have a ukcat of 710. And I'm doing the Irish leaving certificate with predicated grades of A1 A1 A1 A1 A2 A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        They can change the selection however they want I know it's not fair and stuff but they can. Last year most of us applied on tariff rather than UKCAT because they never explicitly stated that they would use this 50:50 thing but hey they did use it my teacher said other schools have done it before too

But we shall see!

ReputationRep:

Good luck to you too!
        I've done this too! I misinterpreted the tariff and it just feels impossible to reach even with good grade predictions! Hoping they'll put a lot on PS :/

ReputationRep:
        They don't look at the PS until interview... Don't understand where you're all getting this from.

Until they've confirmed that's what they're doing, it's best to not pass that on to other people and mislead them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.