Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Is £11m a record for a Champipnship transfer, for any stattos amogst us?

Watford have also just completed the most confusing tramsfer I've ever seen. Having loaned Daniel Toszer from Genoa in January, he returned to Genoa at the seasons end, only for him to be swopped for another player with Parma, only for Parma then to loan him to us for two years... Suspicious...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it is. Largest fee between two clubs outside the top flight, although not sure if it is the largest ever received by a Championship club (such as a Championship to Premier League deal).

Toszer deal is great. And it appears as if the Juan Carlos Paredes deal is all but confirmed as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billybo_h)
    Yeah it is. Largest fee between two clubs outside the top flight, although not sure if it is the largest ever received by a Championship club (such as a Championship to Premier League deal).

Toszer deal is great. And it appears as if the Juan Carlos Paredes deal is all but confirmed as well.
    How much did Oxlade-Chamberlain join Arsenal for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Keiren Westwood alongside Sam Hutchinson become our first proper signings. Hutchinson was predictable but Westwood is a complete shock, even more so with confirmation that Kirkland has signed a new contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Keiren Westwood alongside Sam Hutchinson become our first proper signings. Hutchinson was predictable but Westwood is a complete shock, even more so with confirmation that Kirkland has signed a new contract.
    Returning to the Championship after years doing nothing. Hope he does well but that move to Sunderland has done him no favours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    How much did Oxlade-Chamberlain join Arsenal for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just had a look; £12 million up front, with a potential rise to £15.

That must be the largest, surely.

ReputationRep:

Off the top of my head I remember Wilfried Zouma costing about the same but none higher. Crazy money to be throwing at an unproven teenager.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Zaha was £18m, was he not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jesus wept my brain is slow today. Yeah that's who I meant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Completely forgot about Zaha; shows how ineffective that move turned out to be for him...

£18 million is so, so much money...

ReputationRep:
    £11mil I am laffin. He's good but not that good. It's not exactly hard to be a stand out player in our squad.

We need to put £10mil of that into defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    £11mil I am laffin. He's good but not that good. It's not exactly hard to be a stand out player in our squad.

Cellino must be about as stunned as the Germans over in Brazil with what a gift he's been given. Shame that he will spend it all himself as the Yes man Hockaday surely will have no input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)

Cellino already said that he had signings lined up on a previously planned budget, and that the McCormack deal gives us £11m (minus 15% going to Cardiff) to spend on one class striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pigpen94)
    Cellino already said that he had signings lined up on a previously planned budget, and that the McCormack deal gives us £11m (minus 15% going to Cardiff) to spend on one class striker
    Keep hearing rumours you're trying for Deeney. Worth a try I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cyrus Christie the next to desert the sunken ship, heading to Derby for a 'compensation fee'.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Darren Bent went to Spurs for something like £18m after Charlton were relegated.

Zaha was £10m rising to £15m with addons, none of which would have been triggered yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Cyrus Christie the next to desert the sunken ship, heading to Derby for a 'compensation fee'.
    How do you rate him, out of interest?

We're in dire need of a RB after Wisdom's return to Liverpool and I think everyone was expecting a more high-profile replacement (assuming he's been brought in to compete for first XI).

Seen a lot of mixed reviews from Coventry fans though. Quite poor for you last year apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, while I'm here, guys...

I've just started writing for this website called The Match. They're wanting multiple writers for all of the Football League clubs, people who are passionate and want to sing their club's praises or just have a rant about the state of affairs (Midlander, I'm looking at you ).

So yeah, not spam. Just thought some of you might be interested if you've got some free time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    How do you rate him, out of interest?

We're in dire need of a RB after Wisdom's return to Liverpool and I think everyone was expecting a more high-profile replacement (assuming he's been brought in to compete for first XI).

Seen a lot of mixed reviews from Coventry fans though. Quite poor for you last year apparently.
    He can't put in a tackle to save his life and he can't cross to save it either. In his favour though is his athleticism and ability to take players on. If you can teach him how to cross I would actually play him as a winger since defensively he's a huge liability.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Oh, while I'm here, guys...

I've just started writing for this website called The Match. They're wanting multiple writers for all of the Football League clubs, people who are passionate and want to sing their club's praises or just have a rant about the state of affairs (Midlander, I'm looking at you ).

So yeah, not spam. Just thought some of you might be interested if you've got some free time
    Nice one Scott, will have a look at it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I support Luton Town FC. I'm looking forward to seeing football league football again after playing in the non league, a back to back promotion a real possibility. Can't wait for Pompey away if there are any Portsmouth fans on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.