Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sick same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah.97)
    Are you international?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjklasdfg)
    what are your grades if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm American and took 4 AP exams last May, so I already had some grades which is probably why they gave me an unconditional.
    AP Calculus BC – 5
    AP US History – 5
    AP World History – 5
    AP French – 5
    AP European History – predicted 5
    AP Economics – predicted 5
    AP Statistics – predicted 5

Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djangoo)
    Nope
    Omg that means they have started to give out offers, was it for straight economics? and what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thevindu)
    what were your A2 grades and subjects?
    4A* double maths econ phys

(Original post by EHZ17)
    Yeah I got an Open Day but just not sure what will be going on. I really hate sitting in lecture halls for extended periods of time when the stuff they're talking about doesn't interest me. Put it this way, if I get LSE or Cam, I'll pick them, if I don't, I'll pick UCL. Nothing they can say on this Open Day will change that hah
    same, it's nice to meet people though and even though you're likely to get lse/camb you should still come to collect the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to queen mary for economics?

I got an update on my application saying

A decision has been made on your application.
    This will be transmitted to UCAS shortly and you can expect to receive an update via UCAS Track in the coming days.

ReputationRep:
    Spoke too soon, got an offer from queen mary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_1411)
    Spoke too soon, got an offer from queen mary
    Well done!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djangoo)
    Offer from Warwick!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    by offer do you mean unconditional or conditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Well done!!
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)

same, it's nice to meet people though and even though you're likely to get lse/camb you should still come to collect the offer.
    Yeah I will, just like to know what is going on. How good really is UCL though? I'm unsure how happy to feel hahah

ReputationRep:

Hi Mike, just wanted to know how long you spent preparing for the interview for cam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Yeah I will, just like to know what is going on. How good really is UCL though? I'm unsure how happy to feel hahah
    It's alright, it won't stop you getting a good job. Not the best tho imo

(Original post by sr-96)
    Hi Mike, just wanted to know how long you spent preparing for the interview for cam?
    Read the economist every week for about 8 weeks but i also kept on top of my school work. Hard to say, a week to go all I did was prepare by reading the economist and practising maths. I think I overdid it though.

ReputationRep:
    It's alright, it won't stop you getting a good job. Not the best tho imo

Read the economist every week for about 8 weeks but i also kept on top of my school work. Hard to say, a week to go all I did was prepare by reading the economist and practising maths. I think I overdid it though.
    I've been reading the economist for about a year now and archiving interesting files. Will this help me at interview? I have visions of the interviewer asking me really esoteric and specific micro/macro syllabus stuff and really hard maths Qs. I would love to just chat about foreign economic policy and the bond/forex/oil market but I doubt this will ever happen.

ReputationRep:
    In your interview, were you asked about books included in your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    LSE y u take so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Well an email effectively , ah cool what are your stats?
    Gcses 9a*s 1a
    As:
    Maths 287/300
    F maths 272/300
    Econ 187/200
    Physics 267/300
    Biology 270/300
    You?

ReputationRep:
    Should I expect an informal interview at the ucl open day thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwatters)
    In your interview, were you asked about books included in your personal statement?
    Not personally but it depends on who you're being interviewed by. You should be prepared to defend anything you've put on it though.

(Original post by EHZ17)
    I've been reading the economist for about a year now and archiving interesting files. Will this help me at interview? I have visions of the interviewer asking me really esoteric and specific micro/macro syllabus stuff and really hard maths Qs. I would love to just chat about foreign economic policy and the bond/forex/oil market but I doubt this will ever happen.
    Yeah that should put you in good stead for the interview. How are your debating skills? You'll need to be able to defend your viewpoint quickly if you make a bold claim on a macro question.

I wouldn't say that the maths is very hard, so make sure you can do the simple stuff as well as the difficult stuff.

And it depends largely on who's interviewing you and how they're feeling. It's more likely to be on economic policy than those niche (in relative terms) markets.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.