The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sweetlemon
On the 4th

Mines on the 4th too:smile: at what time is yours?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Mines on the 4th aswell like at around 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mines at 2 45 but I'm going to the tour? Turn upppp
Ah mines on the 3rd march, gonna be sooo lonely :frown: lol
Original post by Master219
Ah mines on the 3rd march, gonna be sooo lonely :frown: lol

We'll be there in sprit :smile:
Mines at 2:45 as well and i'm going on the tour, so see you guys there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, i wanted to know if you can apply to medicine at imperial through adjustment on results day?
Original post by SkittlesXX
Hi, i wanted to know if you can apply to medicine at imperial through adjustment on results day?

No adjustment for any medicine courses
Original post by jungykang

Not even like non BMAT unis??

So what happens to the medicine places which are left from people dropping out because they do not get the grades on results day?
So what happens to the medicine places which are left from people dropping out because they do not get the grades on results day?

Universities would normally give more offers than the actual number of places available to compensate for people not achieving the correct grades... and even for non bmat universities, you wouldn't be able to get in through adjustment :frown: sorry
Original post by Blueberry13
Universities would normally give more offers than the actual number of places available to compensate for people not achieving the correct grades... and even for non bmat universities, you wouldn't be able to get in through adjustment :frown: sorry

So the only way to do medicine, if you get rejected now, is get the grades and then gap year?
Reply 1392

Not even like non BMAT unis??

Wrong. A girl in the year above got no offers so was planning to take a gap year, but then got like 3 A*s in her A2s and got a place at Queen Mary's medicine course through clearing
Original post by liass
Wrong. A girl in the year above got no offers so was planning to take a gap year, but then got like 3 A*s in her A2s and got a place at Queen Mary's medicine course through clearing

Ohh wow that's amazing! Because basically, my sixth form has not predicted me well, but looking at my ums, I can still get 2A* and 2A's (I am doing 4 subjects) in my A2's, so I was hoping that when I have my real results in hand I will be able to still get a place without taking a gap year...
Original post by liass

It does happen but is EXTREMELY rare
So the only way to do medicine, if you get rejected now, is get the grades and then gap year?

Well my friend contacted loadsss of universities (including queen mary) because she had a late realisation that she wanted to do medicine and they all said that they do not take applicants through adjustment... but maybe they would do that for exceptional applicants so don't lose hope and just work towards your exams! :smile:
Well my friend contacted loadsss of universities (including queen mary) because she had a late realisation that she wanted to do medicine and they all said that they do not take applicants through adjustment... but maybe they would do that for exceptional applicants so don't lose hope and just work towards your exams! :smile:

I think you have to have applied to the uni, been interviewed then rejected, they won't give places out without interview

Okay thank you! :smile:
Original post by Futuremedic2096
I think you have to have applied to the uni, been interviewed then rejected, they won't give places out without interview

Ohhh okayyyy
Original post by Futuremedic2096

Yeahhh that's what they said to my friend so she's going to take a gap year now... but its quite contradictory by the universities to be honest as if you get a post-interview rejection, you're not allowed to reapply there again next year! (This is for imperial and ucl especially)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending