Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ffiorentini)
    I have! For chemistry
    I have for Chemistry too! Can't decide between Imperial, Durham and St Andrews at the moment though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olax98)
    Ancient History at St John's!!! *JOHN'S RULES.*
    GCSE: 6A* 5A Distinction
    AS subjects: History:horse:, Fine Art *Art also rules!* :yay:, Law, Chemistry (I hate this subjecttttttttttttt), EPQ(:coma:)
    AS: AABD
    Predicted: AAA + A/A* in EPQ
    Hey, congrats on the offer I want to study ancient history and was wondering when you sent off your application and got an offer back? Sorry if your repeating yourself and said this already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelizabeth_)
    Just out of interest, where did you find the placement at the law firm? Is it in the UK?
    yeah it's a firm called Pinsent Masons- they have offices globally with a lot of UK locations. I was gonna be based at Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amybonnie98)
    Got rejected by Durham last night, for English, pretty gutted. I knew they would but I still really hoped they'd accept me somehow...made me realise I only wanted to go to Durham! Haha, not sure what to do now tbh.
    You could always take a gap year and reapply. But it may not be worth it if there are other good universities that you have offers for.

ReputationRep:
    History at University College
    GCSE: 3A* 4A 2B
    AS: AAAB
    A-Level Predicted: A*A*A

Waiting eagerly for a response but kind of think my GCSE profile means I don't stand a chance :/ Although Oxford did interview me (albeit I didn't get an offer) which kind of gives me hope.. I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messorem1)

Waiting eagerly for a response but kind of think my GCSE profile means I don't stand a chance :/ Although Oxford did interview me (albeit I didn't get an offer) which kind of gives me hope.. I guess?
    Wouldn't be worried! There's a massive improvement in your grades from GCSE to AS and them predicted are extremely good! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor27)
    It may depend on how relevant it is to your course and how flexible your department is. For example, I applied for Spanish and Arabic and got an offer. I was then offer then chance to work at an international law firm for a gap year so emailed to ask if I could defer but they said no... :/ going straight to uni as too scared to gamble with my place lol
    I might reapply, but gambling a hypothetical offer like this just sounds SO scary!

(Original post by Messorem1)

Durham doesn't look at GCSEs as much as Oxford does, and you've definitely improved on your AS and predicted A2s, so I wouldn't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OSH18)
    Hey, congrats on the offer I want to study ancient history and was wondering when you sent off your application and got an offer back? Sorry if your repeating yourself and said this already.
    Heya! My application to Durham for Ancient History has been sent off on 17th November, and offer received on 14th January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username2K)
    Anyone applied for Chinese/Japanese that has heard back from Durham yet?
    Hey I've applied for Japanese and still nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggit)
    I have for Chemistry too! Can't decide between Imperial, Durham and St Andrews at the moment though.
    I didn't apply to Imperial but I applied to St Andrews too! I think I'd rather go to Durham though, because St Andrews is just so small... not that Durham is exactly massive though (I'm from a small town so want to have something new I guess, haha )
    Do you know when we're likely to hear back? The wait is killing me :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thias)
    Hey y'all
    First post
    At GCSE I got A*A*AABBBBBBC andat AS I got AAAA (English Language, History, Politics, Ethics & Philosophy).
    Applied to do Politics at St. Aidan's.
    Anyone heard back from Politics yet?
    I also applied to politics a few months ago and still heard nothing yet. It is driving me mad!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anybody got an offer for archaeology yet? I applied January 13th, but they processed my transcripts (I'm an international student) on the 18th. Kinda losing it here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viscratama)
    Hey, anybody got an offer for archaeology yet? I applied January 13th, but they processed my transcripts (I'm an international student) on the 18th. Kinda losing it here.
    Does that mean you missed the UCAS deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    Does that mean you missed the UCAS deadline?
    No, I submitted everything, including transcripts, on the 13th and my application was processed the next day. They just took a few days to wade through all the emails they received and forward my transcripts to my application. Everything was in on time.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for BA/BSc Geography yet?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ffiorentini)
    I didn't apply to Imperial but I applied to St Andrews too! I think I'd rather go to Durham though, because St Andrews is just so small... not that Durham is exactly massive though (I'm from a small town so want to have something new I guess, haha )
    Do you know when we're likely to hear back? The wait is killing me :laugh:
    I have an offer of AAB from St Andrews but A*A*AA from Imperial!! My cousin is at St Andrews and loves it but like you say, it is very small. Good luck whatever you decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crozzer24)
    Wouldn't be worried! There's a massive improvement in your grades from GCSE to AS and them predicted are extremely good! Good luck
    wow - exactly my profile too! im applying for enlgish lit though.
    fingers crossed for us both!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melissafrat)
    Has anyone got an offer for BA/BSc Geography yet?!
    My friend got one a few days ago, so fingers crossed you'll hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoke and Bone)
    My friend got one a few days ago, so fingers crossed you'll hear soon!
    Congratulations to your friend! Thank you for letting me know!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone waiting on an offer from Durham for Law with foundation? I'm a EU mature student, out of school for about 5 years. I applied back in October (Oxford deadlines) and haven't heard back yet...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.