Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatiexZoe)
    I think it's when the myosin head binds and forms the cross bridge, it releases the ADP molecule (i think of it as 'clicking' into place and releasing it) this then binds with the enzyme ATPase, to make atp, which is needed to then break the cross-bridge and reposition the myosin head.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrykid123)
    man dem told me init. That was a joke by the way just a little joke we like to have fun here on thestudentroom especially before BIOL5 #bantz
    FFS, had me gassed for a bit, even told my friend.

ReputationRep:
    So much application in this ****ty paper FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU

So scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprocrastinator)
    it is activated when adrenaline binds with a receptor on a cell membrane and it converts ATP to cyclic AMP which activates enzymes involved with gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis
    (Original post by Ninainnarnia)
    When adrenaline or glucose binds to receptors on liver cell membranes:
    -it activates advenylate cyclase
    -this enzyme converts ATP to cAMP
    -cAMP activates enzymes which convert glycogen to glucose (glycogenolysis)
    oohhhhhh its just that ahh thats fine then thank you ^_^ it isn't named in my notes i just wrote that its the enzyme thats activated

ReputationRep:
    It's worrying you don't know what time your exam is tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwi8397)
    oohhhhhh its just that ahh thats fine then thank you ^_^ it isn't named in my notes i just wrote that its the enzyme thats activated
    haha good that you learnt it then, you won't get the marks otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    can someone give me an essay title to practice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottei)
    Is anyone else so stressed that as a response to said stress their adrenal glands are secreting adrenaline which is binding to receptors on their liver cells which is activating adenylate cyclase which is converting ATP to cyclic AMP...

Because I am. ):
    I may have a myocardial infarction as I find it hard to breathe due to the stress and build up of CO2 causing my chemoreceptors to send high frequency nerve impulses to my medulla oblongata which is stimulating the sinoatrialnode via the sympathetic nervous system!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does ATPase make or break ATP? Because I've looked it up and seen contradictions all over the place (even on the same webpage in some cases!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSophie04x)
    can someone give me an essay title to practice?
    describe the effectiveness of various so-called 'cures' for cancer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tofaeal)
    It's worrying you don't know what time your exam is tomorrow...
    I remember in AS when I didn't know which room I was for the Maths exam or what exactly the time of exam was.
    Still got an A.

ReputationRep:
    I may have a myocardial infarction as I find it hard to breathe due to the stress and build up of CO2 causing my chemoreceptors to send high frequency nerve impulses to my medulla oblongata which is stimulating the sinoatrialnode via the sympathetic nervous system!!!
    Oh my god haha. I totally forgot about myocardial infarctions, you might have just gained me a mark in the essay there!

Gosh I hope your heart rate is speeding up, wouldn't want that CO2 forming carbonic acid in your blood which would lower your blood pH... that would be disastrous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loveart99)
    Does ATPase make or break ATP? Because I've looked it up and seen contradictions all over the place (even on the same webpage in some cases!)
    ATP Synthase synthesises
    ATPase hydrolyses

ReputationRep:
    How long should i spend on the essay question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM96)
    describe the effectiveness of various so-called 'cures' for cancer
    something that has enough breadth to cover please haha :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konahagakure)
    About 20 minutes with an extra five for planning

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I found this, basically different types of synoptic essays and plans for them
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...ZutoeOWJcgG6Eg

ReputationRep:
    r u manz doing the essay first or the other crap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konahagakure)
    (Original post by 13eyond13ithday)
    About 20 minutes with an extra five for planning
    I've seen so many conflicting opinions on this, as in between 20 and 45! :/ It's really confusing me.

I've been writing them in about 35 mins (including planning), but whatever works for you. I guess it depends on how fast you can write.

ReputationRep:
    ATP Synthase synthesises
    ATPase hydrolyses
    Thank you! Would give you a thumbs up thingy, but I ran out today

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 27, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.