The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AFellaW
Anyone else not been sent the feedback form? I applied to finance and was successful but still haven't heard anything from any department or been sent any other correspondence apart from a confirmation that they've received my response to the offer.

I'm in the same boat, but cyber security not finance.
Original post by Student765
I'm in the same boat, but cyber security not finance.

It is just a questionnare to all those that applied askin about the difficulty on the application process so they can improve. It's not 'important' per say, have you checked your junk mail?
Original post by Lucydrysdale
It is just a questionnare to all those that applied askin about the difficulty on the application process so they can improve. It's not 'important' per say, have you checked your junk mail?

was talking more about the no contact since acceptance email :P
Original post by Student765
was talking more about the no contact since acceptance email :P

Oh, no help there! Sorry!
Hi everyone, typing quickly on my phone here I have been ghost lurking this forum for a while to keep track with my own application. Just letting you guys know I received a letter today stating I'm in department of energy & climate change in London. The letter includes pre employment checks. I'll give more information once I get on a laptop..
Still waiting on feedback on whether I got onto it!! Should I contact them? Does anyone have the email?
Original post by daanke
Still waiting on feedback on whether I got onto it!! Should I contact them? Does anyone have the email?

From the assessment centre correct? And if so same here, I just emailed them asking if I should presume I won't be getting an offer since I haven't heard anything since my assessment centre day on the 29th.
Original post by Bailey1996
From the assessment centre correct? And if so same here, I just emailed them asking if I should presume I won't be getting an offer since I haven't heard anything since my assessment centre day on the 29th.

Mine was a week or two before I think at MK. whats the email?
Hi, I am business admin and still waiting on department, role and location although I only applied for London. No email as yet but hopefully its coming .....
Hey guys just thought I should let you know that I have just received my location and department for my fast track position for business administration, in the ministry of defence, sutton coldfield, I had my assessment day on the 16th april in birmingham. I got told through a phone call not via email.
I just emailed asking for an update and all they said was they were dealing with final details and we'll be made aware soon.. They replied straight away too

Haven't heard a thing since AC in April. I'm not giving up just yet though!
I was told sometime in June? This week June ends...
What's the email?
Original post by xabbie11
I just emailed asking for an update and all they said was they were dealing with final details and we'll be made aware soon.. They replied straight away too

Original post by xabbie11

Yeah I got the same, sounds like we should all know soon which is good.
Original post by Bailey1996
Yeah I got the same, sounds like we should all know soon which is good.

can either of you tell me the email?
Hi,

This is one that you can use

[email protected]

or there is another one on the contact page of the website - either way they don't respond!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The timeline for the recruitment procedure seems to be a lot longer this year, probably due to increased number of positions.
I applied to this scheme last year when it was specifically for age 18-21 year olds. By mid March I was invited to an assessment centre and on 2nd April I attended in London. On 30th April I was told I was shortlisted and that they could not make me an offer at that time however because I performed well at the assessment centre they were willing to keep me on a reserve list which remains valid till 30th Sept. I hadn't heard back from them, and that was the end of it.

I decided to pick myself up and reapply again this year as I had my heart set on such an exciting opportunity and alternative to uni. Once again I got through to the assessment centre in London on the 13th April. On 7th of May I received a text to say I had been successful and to check my email & application portal for correspondence. I had nothing in my emails but I did in my application account saying I had passed the AC. I than phoned capita since I didn't get emailed just incase it was a glitch or something. I really couldn't believe it. I spoke to a lovely lady named Kat, who sent the email out to me again. On 3rd June I received an email about all ID required and that I would find out location role and department in 10 days. The next day I was emailed that I got business administration, and that location and department would be disclosed on a later date. I accepted the offer but received no confirmation email.

Since then, I hadn't had any update till today. I received a letter along with many forms stating that I am assigned to Department of Energy and Climate Change in on of the London offices. I was quite surprised, since I pretty much based my whole interview speaking about the Ministry of Justice. I'm so passionate about the criminal justice system, which was one of the reasons I applied to the scheme. I also expressed my interest in the Cabinet Office as a secondary preference. I am a tad bit gutted as I'm not really that interested in this field and feel that I could be allocated more efficiently to my skills/experience and passion. All in all, I am still grateful for the opportunity. Not sure if it's possible to change departments but I'm going to have a look on last years thread to see if anyone bought it up. Fingers crossed it works out down the road.
Original post by MrsMakaveli
The timeline for the recruitment procedure seems to be a lot longer this year, probably due to increased number of positions.
I applied to this scheme last year when it was specifically for age 18-21 year olds. By mid March I was invited to an assessment centre and on 2nd April I attended in London. On 30th April I was told I was shortlisted and that they could not make me an offer at that time however because I performed well at the assessment centre they were willing to keep me on a reserve list which remains valid till 30th Sept. I hadn't heard back from them, and that was the end of it.

I decided to pick myself up and reapply again this year as I had my heart set on such an exciting opportunity and alternative to uni. Once again I got through to the assessment centre in London on the 13th April. On 7th of May I received a text to say I had been successful and to check my email & application portal for correspondence. I had nothing in my emails but I did in my application account saying I had passed the AC. I than phoned capita since I didn't get emailed just incase it was a glitch or something. I really couldn't believe it. I spoke to a lovely lady named Kat, who sent the email out to me again. On 3rd June I received an email about all ID required and that I would find out location role and department in 10 days. The next day I was emailed that I got business administration, and that location and department would be disclosed on a later date. I accepted the offer but received no confirmation email.

Since then, I hadn't had any update till today. I received a letter along with many forms stating that I am assigned to Department of Energy and Climate Change in on of the London offices. I was quite surprised, since I pretty much based my whole interview speaking about the Ministry of Justice. I'm so passionate about the criminal justice system, which was one of the reasons I applied to the scheme. I also expressed my interest in the Cabinet Office as a secondary preference. I am a tad bit gutted as I'm not really that interested in this field and feel that I could be allocated more efficiently to my skills/experience and passion. All in all, I am still grateful for the opportunity. Not sure if it's possible to change departments but I'm going to have a look on last years thread to see if anyone bought it up. Fingers crossed it works out down the road.

Congratulations! Seen as it's the departments themselves who contact their new apprentices. Telling you by post, using paper, transported by cars and trucks seems like a lot of hypocrisy for the department for "climate change and energy" :wink: they could have helped their cause by going green and emailing you haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joshsolman
Congratulations! Seen as it's the departments themselves who contact their new apprentices. Telling you by post, using paper, transported by cars and trucks seems like a lot of hypocrisy for the department for "climate change and energy" :wink: they could have helped their cause by going green and emailing you haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL tell me about it! So much repetitive paper work to fill out.

Incase anyone is wondering, the pack consists of:
1) The letter stating where I've been placed

2) Pension questionnaire (Pages of it! Most of it I had to skip anyway, as its more for those who have previously been members of a public service pension scheme)

3) Disclosure Scotland application form (I'm guessing this is like a CRB check. Doesn't ask for much, just your basic info, iD info like passport/driving license number)

4) Disclosure Scotland consent form (Just sign stating they can use your above application form)

5) Reference information form (Have to disclose a full break down of the last 3 years covering dates of employment/unemployment/voluntary & academic work. This is a bit of a pain in the bottom because I don't know how I'm expected to chase down references for the past three years since I'm young and wild and can't commit to much LOL - except this of course!)

6) Character Enquiry (Stating any offences you've committed - motoring offences included)

7) Starter checklist (Its the form you get beginning any new employment where you declare if you've worked in the new tax year or that this will be your first job or if you will be working two jobs)
Original post by MrsMakaveli

Hi! Congratulations on the acceptance. And thanks for all the info about the letter you received - it's really useful to have some idea about the information they're going to require. :-)
As far as department i concerned I wouldn't worry too much. From the impression I get once you've done your apprenticeship the opportunities are endless and you can move department pretty freely (obviously depending on department needs etc) I would be tempted to sit out the 2 years wherever you've been placed in the knowledge that you'll be able to move around further down the line. I reckon the opportunity is so big it's worth taking full stop. Plus 2 years isn't long really (I say that as a person that has been in the same job for 7 years and feels like I blinked and missed it! ha ha)
Good luck with everything! :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending