Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    Are you sure? Loads of the mark schemes say they cap th ums at 120 and 100 ums isnt full marks :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawanAviator)
    oh well...
    i done it for 10 seconds instead.
    did you only take one value fro the graph? because i think to work out average you need 2?good luck anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.P.C)
    I found the distance for 6 seconds and the distance for 8 seconds, then because 8-6 is 2 i simple divided the distance once i took one away from the other. so 45/2 is 22.5. Just because you got an A* Doesn't mean you are correct.

Where did the 8 and 6 seconds come from? Sorry I can't really remember the question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueturquoise)
    Are you sure? Loads of the mark schemes say they cap th ums at 120 and 100 ums isnt full marks :/
    I am 100% sure.

ReputationRep:
    It asked about the change though didn't it? So that would imply subtraction is involved?
    It was change that you were finding from the graph in the first place, no further calculation is involved -the information was obtainable from the single point at 2, you weren't provided with any other information...

ReputationRep:
    The level of immaturity in this thread is getting too damn high

ReputationRep:
    your absolutely wrong mate, it is 22.5 because it was linear and straight at the end and had the steepest gradient, 10-8=2 and 170-125=45 so as your 'a* ' would tell you that equates to a speed of 22.5 m/s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah4475)
    (Original post by M.P.C)
    I found the distance for 6 seconds and the distance for 8 seconds, then because 8-6 is 2 i simple divided the distance once i took one away from the other. so 45/2 is 22.5. Just because you got an A* Doesn't mean you are correct.

Where did the 8 and 6 seconds come from? Sorry I can't really remember the question!
    just 2 different points from the graph so that i could work out how much distance was covered over 2 seconds as beforehand the graph wasn't linear

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of these revised grade boundaries?

P2: 48/49 A* (54 = 100 UMS)
    P3: 44/45 A* (51 = 100 UMS)
    C2: 48/49 A* (54 = 100 UMS)
    C3: 45/46 A* (49 = 100 UMS)
    B2: 43/44 A* (49 = 100 UMS)
    B3: 44/45 A* (49 = 100 UMS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.

Someone please explain this quote to me before it becomes the new gangnam style. Does I think it means what I think it means
    I was thinking that

ReputationRep:
    It asked about the change though didn't it? So that would imply subtraction is involved?
    Yes the question didn't ask for the focal length, it asked for the change in focal length

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)

I would say biology should be around 46 for b2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)

C2 will be 50-51

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    Yeah that's definitely possible!! Just work hard and you will ace it 💪
    okay thank you i think i dropped around 12-14 marks on p2 would that be an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.P.C)
    did you only take one value fro the graph? because i think to work out average you need 2?good luck anyways
    i did take one value because it was the away i did it back when i done GCSE maths

yeah , you are probably right because it is taught at the start of the book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odc99)
    Yes the question didn't ask for the focal length, it asked for the change in focal length
    The graph gave you information about the change in focal length -that was the whole point.

ReputationRep:
    WAS There a question that asked for the units of resistance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muonfrisbee98)
    Out of interest- how many marks was this question as I think I missed it out?
    It was a diagram so probably only 1, can't remember though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.P.C)
    just 2 different points from the graph so that i could work out how much distance was covered over 2 seconds as beforehand the graph wasn't linear
    Ah right ok thanks I had a bit of a blank moment and for some reason just found the speed at the end of the line (top right) so got 17m/s but I'm pretty sure that's wrong now...

Can you remember how many marks it was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amymcavoy22)
    How did I get 0.3J for the kinetic energy thing :/
    I GOT 0.3😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.