Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yvchan)
    I've sent my application off on the 18th of November and sat my LNAT on the 12th of November and haven't gotten any offers yet. Getting slightly worried now
    Depends purely on which Unis. Some are going to take until the end of Mar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    It's my son. He has offers from Nottingham, Bristol and Glasgow. Rejected last week by UCL and waiting for LSE. Reapplied this year as he marginally missed his offer for LSE. Had a panic attack on anniversary of his dad's death, during his exam. LSE wouldn't take him, even with extenuating circumstances. Notts look at the score, if that helps.
    Hope you don't mind me asking but is the Glasgow offer unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)
    Depends purely on which Unis. Some are going to take until the end of Mar
    Yeah I know, the wait is, to say the least, a little demoralising. :bricks:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yvchan)
    Yeah I know, the wait is, to say the least, a little demoralising. :bricks:
    Which Uni's you apply for? I'm guessing it's something like Nottingham, Durham, KCL, UCL, LSE? Those are the ones who are slow on giving offers.

ReputationRep:
    Applying to Bristol instead of Nottingham but yeah, no replies from any of them :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheadle41)
    Hope you don't mind me asking but is the Glasgow offer unconditional?
    Glasgow is a conditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    same, got rejected by ucl due to lnat
    Hope you don't mind me asking but when did you apply to UCL? Did they specify if it was the MC or essay that they rejected you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    Hope you don't mind me asking but when did you apply to UCL? Did they specify if it was the MC or essay that they rejected you on?
    nov4, no they didnt

ReputationRep:
    nov4, no they didnt
    That's so odd, I applied 7 Oct and heard nothing :/

ReputationRep:
    nov4, no they didnt
    When did you get rejected like the date? It's so rubbish :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran_11)
    Got an offer from Trinity College, Cambridge
    May i ask what were your GCSE , As ad predicted and how the interview went in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Just got my final offer from Bristol a few days ago!
    Altogether I have(all conditionals)
    QMUL (A*AA)
    KCL (A*AA)
    Bristol (AAA/A*AB)
    Manchester (AAA)
    Newcastle (AAA)
    Have no idea which ones to firm or insure atm though, fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vblue77)
    Just got my final offer from Bristol a few days ago!
    Altogether I have(all conditionals)
    QMUL (A*AA)
    KCL (A*AA)
    Bristol (AAA/A*AB)
    Manchester (AAA)
    Newcastle (AAA)
    Have no idea which ones to firm or insure atm though, fml
    Well done! Can I ask what you got at GCSE please? Imo, Bristol and KCL are the best two so it depends now on location/uni U prefer, they're pretty equal with rep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhishek Dhawan;[url="tel:62098725")
    62098725[/url]]Also have offers from Warwick and QMUL + just received Bristol a few days back. What are your other options? Out of those, i would choose warwick simply because of its international reputation and employability. I'm waiting on KCL and LSE so would choose either of those over anything.
    I have an offer from Manchester also and waiting on Kings. Was going to apply to LSE but my AS results weren't that great so I was a bit hesitant. I think kings might reject me based on lnat idk how it went. But I'm leaning towards Warwick for now anyways as its really high in employment prospects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    Well done! Can I ask what you got at GCSE please? Imo, Bristol and KCL are the best two so it depends now on location/uni U prefer, they're pretty equal with rep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 4 A*s, 3 A's and 3 C's, then AAAB in AS (:
    I have a feeling I'll firm Bristol cos it's closer to where I live, but KCL and QMUL are really good for employment prospects so mehh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vblue77)
    I got 4 A*s, 3 A's and 3 C's, then AAAB in AS (:
    I have a feeling I'll firm Bristol cos it's closer to where I live, but KCL and QMUL are really good for employment prospects so mehh
    QMUL isn't highly thought of as a law school though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    QMUL isn't highly thought of as a law school though?
    Both KCL and Bristol are reputed to be better, apparently. Not to say that any of them are poorly thought of, it's all relative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Both KCL and Bristol are reputed to be better, apparently. Not to say that any of them are poorly thought of, it's all relative
    Any thoughts on Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Any thoughts on Nottingham?
    I really don't know , I've tended to focus the minimal amount of research I've done into this into the unis that either I or my friends have applied to...

I've heard that Nottingham has a great law department that challenges the "big boys" (UCL/LSE and Durham) in terms of the teaching, but I imagine that that may not count for that much when it comes to getting a job (for which employer rep. + career within 6 months + average starting salary stats may be more relevant). I guess looking at those variables in the various rankings may help, in addition to that chambersstudents.com PDF that's been floating around lately... Ill see if I can link it for you if you haven't seen it already, it looks at the proportions of employees that work in chambers-ranked firms from different unis. It may be useful if your son is contemplating a career in the City

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I really don't know , I've tended to focus the minimal amount of research I've done into this into the unis that either I or my friends have applied to...

I've heard that Nottingham has a great law department that challenges the "big boys" (UCL/LSE and Durham) in terms of the teaching, but I imagine that that may not count for that much when it comes to getting a job (for which employer rep. + career within 6 months + average starting salary stats may be more relevant). I guess looking at those variables in the various rankings may help, in addition to that chambersstudents.com PDF that's been floating around lately... Ill see if I can link it for you if you haven't seen it already, it looks at the proportions of employees that work in chambers-ranked firms from different unis. It may be useful if your son is contemplating a career in the City
    Thanks😀
    If he doesn't get another offer from LSE, it will be Notts or Bristol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.