Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    congrats to all 'new' offer holders! you must be so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramon Roman)
    Hi ! I have received offers from Cardiff, Sheffield and Liverpool . I would like to know the main differences between Welsh School of Architecture Cardiff University and University of Sheffield SOA because I don't think it's about the rankings but the way of teaching. If anyone went for an open day to Cardiff or Sheffield any feedback would be great.

Looking forward to hear your feedback.
    I went to the Sheffield open day and am considering going there, if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. I didn't go to Cardiff, i have friends that studied there and thought it was great but they didn't do architecture so can't help there, sorry. PM me if you want a quicker reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterkeixo)
    Offer from the bartlett k100!
    Congratulations!!!

May I see your portfolio too, it must be amazing

Hope your working hard to get in!

ReputationRep:
    Offer from the bartlett k100!
    If you are showing your portfolio any chance i could see it as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tfaulkner)
    I went to the Sheffield open day and am considering going there, if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. I didn't go to Cardiff, i have friends that studied there and thought it was great but they didn't do architecture so can't help there, sorry. PM me if you want a quicker reply

Ohh how was it? Actually I wanna know how many students in total for the whole class n did u talk with the senior students??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damonmc)
    Ohh how was it? Actually I wanna know how many students in total for the whole class n did u talk with the senior students??
    It was very good, they take about 100 students a year I believe. The studio space is amazing however is very clean so if you are more of a messy worker I don't know how that would work out. I didn't get to speak to senior students however I am going again on Wednesday as they have an applicants day.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was wondering what is a typical offer for Cardiff? I read someone has AAA is it standard or the conditions are dependent upon portfolio?

ReputationRep:
    Offer from the Bartlett )))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)
    Offer from the Bartlett )))
    Congratulations!! Hopefully see you in september
    What subjects are you taking/ predicted if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Congratulations!! Hopefully see you in september
    What subjects are you taking/ predicted if you don't mind me asking?
    Thank you! Ahaha I actually rejected it, I've accepted Nottingham instead
    I'm doing foundation at the moment, but I did Art, business and English - A*A*B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzdevzz)
    Congratulations!!!

May I see your portfolio too, it must be amazing

Hope your working hard to get in!
    (Original post by tfaulkner)
    If you are showing your portfolio any chance i could see it as well?
    Here you go! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54...ew?usp=sharing
    This is just a part of my portfolio, I also brought two sketchbooks and also a physical model however due to their size I am not able to scan them on to the computer sorry! My portfolio isn't the best example because they don't want to see any architecture drawings (which I didn't actually bring) and also life drawings. I strongly feel that the ability to present your works is as important as the quality of the work itself so it would be great if you can spend one or two hours to prepare for the presentation of your works.
    Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mqiu97)
    Got an offer from UCL this afternoon! I'm probably gonna firm UCL and take Edinburgh as my insurance
    Congrats! I am literally making the same decision as you - firm UCL and take Edinburgh as my insurance. Did Edinburgh gave you an Abb offer too?

ReputationRep:
    This is just a part of my portfolio, I also brought two sketchbooks and also a physical model however due to their size I am not able to scan them on to the computer sorry! My portfolio isn't the best example because they don't want to see any architecture drawings (which I didn't actually bring) and also life drawings. I strongly feel that the ability to present your works is as important as the quality of the work itself so it would be great if you can spend one or two hours to prepare for the presentation of your works.
    Good luck guys!
    Outstanding creations, Peter! Congratz!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hongwai)
    Outstanding creations, Peter! Congratz!!!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Is there anybody still waiting to hear for an interview from UCL Bartlett? Its been more than 2 months that I sent off my task and still no response...

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys!
    This portfolio is outstanding!! Love your work, especially the Dada/Sureal one! Not surprised you got in

ReputationRep:
    Call them ASAP!! Really important as I imagine it may be too late already due to last interviews being very soon!!!

(Original post by marpet)
    Is there anybody still waiting to hear for an interview from UCL Bartlett? Its been more than 2 months that I sent off my task and still no response...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marpet)
    extract from the app process on the UCL portico

"All applications that are submitted to UCAS by the 15 January deadline are given equal consideration. UCL carefully manages the number of places available to ensure that if you do not submit your application until 15 January you can expect it to be assessed in the same fair and consistent manner as an application received in October.Our degree programmes attract a large number of well qualified applicants so it may be some time before we can give you a decision. We shall, however, endeavour to consider your application as quickly as we can. It is quite usual for some applicants to hear sooner than others, but this does not mean that if you do not receive a quick response that your application will be unsuccessful. The majority of programmes at UCL use a 'semi-gathered field' whereby an admissions tutor will wait until a sufficient number of comparable applications have been received to make a decision. This will involve several such 'fields' between September and April."

you should ring them up as soon as possible as cowie said! It may be that for mistake they lost it, or that they could have contacted you for an interview but something has gone wrong and you didnt receive the message! it could be many things! I wish you the best! good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    This portfolio is outstanding!! Love your work, especially the Dada/Sureal one! Not surprised you got in
    Thank you! Yours is amazing too!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Yours is amazing too!
    really cool stuff in that portfolio! check out mine if you want ! is not going to be as good as yours! you've got some seriously well done pieces in there! https://francescopasquino97.carbonmade.com

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.