Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabiesRevenant)
    I done sinx = (e^x - e^-x)/2 then multiplied it by e^2x etc. can someone confirm?
    (e^x-e^-x)/2 is sinh(x) (hyperbolic function sine), not trig sine. To do that one you had to by parts it.

ReputationRep:
    Bruh how you integrate e2theta sintheta :'(
    I couldnt even show the series queston. I keep getting n square -5n -something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran1119)
    I have the same feeling
    Just like little bits of loads of question that will lose loads of marks!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter what 'low' mean in FP2 it solely matters on how the country did, so realistically I say 63 A*, but I may be under shooting it becasue I didn't do terribly well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econam)
    FML, man got raped out there. I legit f**ked so many questions I hate myself.
    Same. I don't feel like it's looking good for FP3 either, I feel like I should start revising for it now.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was part b of the last question? I messed up so bad panicking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anndz3007)
    Bruh how you integrate e2theta sintheta :'(
    I couldnt even show the series queston. I keep getting n square -5n -something
    I by parted it twice and there was a multiple of integral[e^2theta sintheta] so I moved that over to the other side (like the FP3 by parts trick).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anhaanha)
    I do it like this
    Let t = intergrate e^2x sin x
    then you by part you got
    -cosx.e^2x + intergrate(2e^2x. cosx)
    then by part again you got
    -cosx.e^2x + 2 ( e^2x. sinx - intergrate(2e^2x.sinx) )
    Therefore
    t = -cosx.e^2x + 2e^2x.sinx - 2t
    t = 1/3 ( 2e^2x. sint - cosx.e^2x)
    Ah thank you that makes sense. Do you think I'd get some marks for integrating by parts once?

ReputationRep:
    Question 1 was
    -2<x<-sqrt(2)
    -1<x<sqrt(2)

any one agree??

ReputationRep:
    Ran out of time whilst correcting a question exam invigilator telling me off for not closing my paper straight away. Btw I got 30 something for last polar coordinates question, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought it went fine. The first order differential equation would have tripped up a lot of people though. What are everyone's thoughts on grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarshaPeed)
    I'm probably really stupid for doing this but I kept it as costheta= 3/4 and used arcos3/4 all the way through. Lord help me.
    Same here!!! I thought I was the only one who did! Did you get your solution as 9arccos3/4 +some fraction root 2 thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    STEPers across England smiled when they saw  \displaystyle\int e^{2 \theta} \sin{\theta} \mathrm{d} \theta .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furthermathsel)
    How many marks was part b of the last question? I messed up so bad panicking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was that for area R for polar q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qq1102141262)
    Question 1 was
    -2<x<-sqrt(2)
    -1<x<sqrt(2)

any one agree??
    Looks right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisb19)
    STEPers across England smiled when they saw  \displaystyle\int e^{2 \theta} \sin{\theta} \mathrm{d} \theta .
    yuuup

ReputationRep:
    My results I can remember:
    Q1. critical -2,-root(2),-1,root(2)

Q4:
    A) I got (r/q)*(1-e^(qt/p)) by separating variables, as there was no 't's present, only constants,
    B) Did by complementary function and particular integral. Ran out of time finding the constants, but that way works perfectly well if you have time to follow it through.

Q8. Area of the circle I got 32.52, which numeric integration on my calc agreed with, but I might have been integrating the wrong thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    I thought it went fine. The first order differential equation would have tripped up a lot of people though. What are everyone's thoughts on grade boundaries?
    At first I thought 65 for A but everyone's reactions says it might be lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    At first I thought 65 for A but everyone's reactions says it might be lower
    What about A*?

ReputationRep:
    what were the limits of integration people used?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.