Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    They shouldn't finish 4th or 3rd if they don't want to end up in groups with Bayern.

But it's true that if you want to win the CL then you have to face Barca at some point anyway
    No difference between finishing 2nd - 4th. Finishing first doesn't protect you from drawing e.g. Real or atletico. It works both ways as finishing 2nd can give you Benfica, Ajax. It's luck of the draw that you ultimately have no control over.

Doesn't really matter much anyways. CL atm is about the spaniards and Bayern. Everyone else are just making up numbers.

ReputationRep:
    Would love to see us field this vs Barca:

Cech
    Gabriel Mertesacker Koscielny
    Bellerin Coq/Chambers Ramsey Monreal
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez

ReputationRep:
    Worst possible draw for us, but like others have said on here I'd rather play Barca in the Champions League than some no mark goat-farmer team from Azerbaijan in the Europa League.

ReputationRep:
    How could you even consider fielding chambers vs barca

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    How could you even consider fielding chambers vs barca

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If we buy a new DM he'll probably be ineligible for the match. So let's hope Coq is fit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    If we buy a new DM he'll probably be ineligible for the match. So let's hope Coq is fit
    Flamini!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So pumped for the Barca game, I know where my student loan money is going

We can beat them in a one-off game, so as long a we don't get totally embarrassed I'll take that.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal cannot beat Barca even at the Emirates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    So pumped for the Barca game, I know where my student loan money is going

We can beat them in a one-off game, so as long a we don't get totally embarrassed I'll take that.
    Student loan day is the real Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    lmaoooo this one's gonna be funny! Barca will wreck you guys :rofl:

Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta and Messi against your defense :lol:
    Yes, it is going to be hilarious. Oh well, at least they will be entertaining to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Would love to see us field this vs Barca:

Cech
    Gabriel Mertesacker Koscielny
    Bellerin Coq/Chambers Ramsey Monreal
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    You want to play a back three against MSN with Mertesacker in the middle of it?

ReputationRep:
    My predictions:

Emirates: Barca to win 3-2 (Messi, Neymar, Suarez to score)..... Sanchez and Ozil to score!

Away: Barca to win 4-0

Edit: Scenes if Barca actually get knocked out by you guys....that will just add to the brilliance and unpredictability of this season
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I guess Arsenal could take solace in the fact it still remains highly unlikely Barcelona will retain their CL crown, purely on the basis that nobody else has since 1992.

Whether they'll fall at the first hurdle, though. Well, that's unlikely, isn't it? It's more likely that Bayern will eventually knock them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Tottenham will probably lose to Fiorentina over two legs if they're concentrating on the league with their small squad, if that helps.
    As much as I detest Tottenham I'd rather see them go through purely for the coefficients. Seeing as Fiorentina are an Italian team it would us hurt double if Tottenham get knocked out. Positives though are Roma playing against Real and Juve against Bayern, so hopefully no Italian teams will make it to the quarters of the CL.

ReputationRep:
    Bit disappointed, was hoping for Real Madrid personally just for a change really.

I wonder whether Neymar will announce his retirement after Monreal keeps him in his back pocket for 180 minutes (inb4 rival fans quote as though I'm srs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    Arsenal cannot beat Barca even at the Emirates
    Bit odd, because I remember us doing exactly that a few years ago with fat Arshavin playing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Bit odd, because I remember us doing exactly that a few years ago with fat Arshavin playing..
    5 years ago but this is different. I know Arsenal will lose based on what I've seen I have watched every Barca game and every Arsenal game. Yes anything can happen but I'm not going to delude myself into believing Arsenal will win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Bit disappointed, was hoping for Real Madrid personally just for a change really.

I wonder whether Neymar will announce his retirement after Monreal keeps him in his back pocket for 180 minutes (inb4 rival fans quote as though I'm srs)
    Neymar will play vs Hector, my man

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Messi v Mertesacker would be a human rights violation.

ReputationRep:
    happy with the draw tbh.

if you're gunna get past the ro16 you have to play a big team after anyway, might aswell play them in the ro16 and get it over and done with, so we can focus on the FA Cup and top 4 as usual.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.