Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Faheemcg9)
    Do bankers really make £300,000+ after a couple of years?
    lmao, you deffo do care about the money most don't you?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    if you have consistently high performance, don't die or quit or get fired and make it to VP - yh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faheemcg9)
    Do bankers really make £300,000+ after a couple of years?
    No. Maybe after 7-10 years, depending on bank / team. Only bankers VP level and above make that sort of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    lmao, you deffo do care about the money most don't you?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    if you have consistently high performance, don't die or quit or get fired and make it to VP - yh
    #LifeGoals

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for asking again, but for the people who didn't get the benchmark in the MS tests, how long did it take them to inform you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green-Shamrock)
    After submitting the online application form for HSBC, how long do you have to wait before being invited to sit the online tests?
    Couple days, they just check you meet initial requirements then send over SJT and Inductive Reasoming
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by pmcg1)
    Hi, I know this is a bit of a stab in the dark and I may be posting this in the wrong are (I've only just joined, sorry!) but I was wondering if someone could lend me some advice. I told myself for a good few years throughout secondary school that I was going to get an apprenticeship (accountancy) and had no interest in university but after a very unimpressive GCSE results day (didn't fail anything, but massively underperformed in comparison to what Ii probably would've been capable of had I have tried) however I am now sitting my A2 levels and have my heart set on a degree in Mathematics with Finance and hopefully a career in IB. I am very motivated to achieve this (it's not the money, it's the demanding nature of the job and how everyday is different plus a love for statistics) which has shown through how my predictions have changed from based off my GCSE grades. Basically, which would be the best (as, Oxbridge/LSE etc. are off the cards due to my GCSE results) university to strive for with *predicted* grades A* (Maths) and an A in both Statistics and Psychology with the end goal being a career in IB. Thank you in advance, Paul.

TL;DR - wants to be an IB, bad GCSE grades, good A Level prospects, wants to know what uni would be best for IB
    Make a new thread pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard back from HSBC after passing the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Make a new thread pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have. How do you delete posts? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmcg1)
    Edit the post and just write 'nothing'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    don't do it for the money lad
    Rich coming from you m8 (just a bit of banter plz dnt hate me)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by pmcg1)
    I'll do it dw. But there should be an option to delete it if you press edit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BusMan21)
    Couple days, they just check you meet initial requirements then send over SJT and Inductive Reasoming
    Cheers mate! How did you find the tests? Must admit that I haven't done many SJTs (only for BofAML so far) and no Inductive Reasoning - mainly just numerical and one verbal (for Credit Suisse).

ReputationRep:
    Might be an obvious question but for the credit suisse spring week it says BA or MA but if you are doing a BSc can you still apply for the Credit Suisse SW?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by StrongSilver97)
    Might be an obvious question but for the credit suisse spring week it says BA or MA but if you are doing a BSc can you still apply for the Credit Suisse SW?
    Obvs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    don't do it for the money lad
    why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3110)
    why
    it's not worth it, find meaning to why you want to go into banking that's not compensation

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone found spring week programs for:

RBC Cap Markets
    RBS
    Macquarie
    Cannacord Genuity
    On all four website i found no hints for an existing program. Can please someone re-check this? Dont wanna miss any opportunities

ReputationRep:
    Are there any banks which make you do numerical SHL only other than Morgan Stanley?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else but JPM and BAML that requires no tests/just SJT? (Apart from Goldman who is rolling)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Anyone else but JPM and BAML that requires no tests/just SJT? (Apart from Goldman who is rolling)
    BNP Paribas and Lazard. Also perhaps Barclays but I'm not too sure about them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.