Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanhan19)
    I didn't say anything about codification vs non codification in my 40 mark i wrote about other reforms were we supposed to talk about codification ?
    You could genuinely write about every reform not gonna lie.
    Presuming of course you had something to day about it

ReputationRep:
    What were you supposed to write for he 10 marker for parliament? I didn't really include examples do lose marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelpain)
    Lol we said the exact same thing then. I also include vote of no confidence
    Yea idk
    I did
    Parliament veto vs Party line and whips
    Lords veto e.g tax credit cuts vs 1 year then can be overruled
    vote of no confidence James Callaghan vs prerogative powers e.g syria
    but no conclusion what you think I get cos like not many examples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam_Budd)
    I thought that paper was really good as well, compared to last years exam and unit 1 i thought it went well. The judiciary 40 marker was so nice compared the the constitution one i thought as well.
    I was so confused for the judiciary.. What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    What did people write about the 40 marker on constitutional reform? I literally spewed out knowledge on every reform I knew but feel like I got it all wrong!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanhan19)
    What were you supposed to write for he 10 marker for parliament? I didn't really include examples do lose marks
    Oh god idek
    I put
    Chilcot inquiry
    George Osbornes first budget
    Expenses scandle
    but not sure if any of that is right or relevant
    tbh I recon you can still almost get full marks without, I didnt explain anything really just examples and that they cant force government to pass things

ReputationRep:
    For the 5 marker on parliament i wrote about legislative departmental and back bench

ReputationRep:
    For the Parliament 25 Marker I explicitly only mentioned the Commons rather than both the Commons and the Lords. Can someone tell me how many marks I am likely to lose? Would be very helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't 0, you can't get full but codification is a reform that could happen
    Really? Oh I'm glad I'll get at least 15 marks or something at least I didn't totally flop

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did anyone plan their 40 mark question?

That UK Constitution was quite alright imo. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    On the 40 marker i spoke about the arguments for and against the reform of the constitution, am i wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulub47)
    I was so confused for the judiciary.. What did you put?
    I have no idea if this is right but I put

Pro Judiciary
    Independence and the whole idea of no interference when sub justice? meaning no media or pop opinion pressure ? e.g Abu Qatada

Gov is bad at protecting rights e.g Terror legislation 06 case pushed through against the advice of ECHR after the blemarsh case

Judicery is good at protecting the rule of law, even against government body e.g herceptin case where NHS trust acted ultra vires

Pro Gov
    Accountable

Maybe their history is not that bad with civ lib e.g HRA and the fact they are fighting for Civil Liberties in other countries (tho I think thats not valid at all)

Judges have a very unrepresentative background, mostly oxbridge, white... might make them bias

No idea tho if any of that is right

ReputationRep:
    For the 10 marker for parliament, did you need to evaluate cause it said 'HOW effective are committees'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieleeee)
    On the 40 marker i spoke about the arguments for and against the reform of the constitution, am i wrong?
    That's what I did because that's what I thought the question was asking. That does not appear to be what other peole have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dil797)
    For the 10 marker for parliament, did you need to evaluate cause it said 'HOW effective are committees'
    yea I think so

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know whether to evaluate it but i did anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieleeee)
    Yeah sounds good, I did electoral reform, codification, HoL, Bill of Rights, briefly mentioned EU referendum and then did a paragraph saying we've had enough and we don't need anymore. I did a for and against for all of those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewdwilliams)
    That's what I did because that's what I thought the question was asking. That does not appear to be what other peole have done.
    I feel like that question was really misleading in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, there is no evaluation mark for 10 markers, check the mark scheme if you don't believe me

ReputationRep:
    No, there is no evaluation mark for 10 markers, check the mark scheme if you don't believe me
    Then what were you supposed to write about ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.