The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

What were you supposed to write for he 10 marker for parliament? I didn't really include examples do lose marks
Original post by alevelpain
Lol we said the exact same thing then. I also include vote of no confidence

Yea idk
I did
Parliament veto vs Party line and whips
Lords veto e.g tax credit cuts vs 1 year then can be overruled
vote of no confidence James Callaghan vs prerogative powers e.g syria
but no conclusion what you think I get cos like not many examples
Original post by Adam_Budd
I thought that paper was really good as well, compared to last years exam and unit 1 i thought it went well. The judiciary 40 marker was so nice compared the the constitution one i thought as well.

I was so confused for the judiciary.. What did you put?
Reply 1383
What did people write about the 40 marker on constitutional reform? I literally spewed out knowledge on every reform I knew but feel like I got it all wrong!!!
Original post by hanhan19
What were you supposed to write for he 10 marker for parliament? I didn't really include examples do lose marks

Oh god idek
I put
Chilcot inquiry
George Osbornes first budget
Expenses scandle
but not sure if any of that is right or relevant
tbh I recon you can still almost get full marks without, I didnt explain anything really just examples and that they cant force government to pass things
For the 5 marker on parliament i wrote about legislative departmental and back bench
(edited 7 years ago)
For the Parliament 25 Marker I explicitly only mentioned the Commons rather than both the Commons and the Lords. Can someone tell me how many marks I am likely to lose? Would be very helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it isn't 0, you can't get full but codification is a reform that could happen

Really? Oh I'm glad I'll get at least 15 marks or something at least I didn't totally flop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone plan their 40 mark question?

That UK Constitution was quite alright imo. :yep:
On the 40 marker i spoke about the arguments for and against the reform of the constitution, am i wrong?
Original post by lulub47
I was so confused for the judiciary.. What did you put?

I have no idea if this is right but I put

Pro Judiciary
Independence and the whole idea of no interference when sub justice? meaning no media or pop opinion pressure ? e.g Abu Qatada

Gov is bad at protecting rights e.g Terror legislation 06 case pushed through against the advice of ECHR after the blemarsh case

Judicery is good at protecting the rule of law, even against government body e.g herceptin case where NHS trust acted ultra vires

Pro Gov
Accountable

Maybe their history is not that bad with civ lib e.g HRA and the fact they are fighting for Civil Liberties in other countries (tho I think thats not valid at all)

Judges have a very unrepresentative background, mostly oxbridge, white... might make them bias

No idea tho if any of that is right
Reply 1391
For the 10 marker for parliament, did you need to evaluate cause it said 'HOW effective are committees'
Original post by jamieleeee
On the 40 marker i spoke about the arguments for and against the reform of the constitution, am i wrong?

That's what I did because that's what I thought the question was asking. That does not appear to be what other peole have done.
Original post by dil797
For the 10 marker for parliament, did you need to evaluate cause it said 'HOW effective are committees'

yea I think so
Original post by dil797

I didn't know whether to evaluate it but i did anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamieleeee

Yeah sounds good, I did electoral reform, codification, HoL, Bill of Rights, briefly mentioned EU referendum and then did a paragraph saying we've had enough and we don't need anymore. I did a for and against for all of those
Original post by andrewdwilliams
That's what I did because that's what I thought the question was asking. That does not appear to be what other peole have done.

I feel like that question was really misleading in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dil797

No, there is no evaluation mark for 10 markers, check the mark scheme if you don't believe me :tongue:
No, there is no evaluation mark for 10 markers, check the mark scheme if you don't believe me :tongue:

Then what were you supposed to write about ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
didnt finish the paper, it is too tight
managed to finish both essays though the 40 marker was decent- i interpreted it as the actual reforms eg house of lords act, HRA, freedom of info act etc need futher reforms but some people saying its about codifying the constitution?? im sure they will credit both though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending