Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Calling all anime fans! Don't miss the midnight Secret Santa deadline! 04-12-2016
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.67%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    Just got this from a 2k egg. =D

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471522645.247328.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  76.7 KB

Happy Day!
    First a Lapras, now a Bulbasaur. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Just got this from a 2k egg. =D

Happy Day!
    First a Lapras, now a Bulbasaur. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jammy..

I got a zubat from my 2k egg

ReputationRep:
    571 Bulbasaur from a 2k egg? Crazy!

Congrats though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I'd check the IVs of your Dratini to see if it was decent before powering it up. I tend to power mine up before evolving them but I don't think it makes too much difference tbh. Just make sure you're above the 125 candy before you power it up because you could catch another good one!
    I have a 510 Dratini, worth evolving (would be my first) on my next lucky egg evolution cycle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vlb206)
    I love this game but where I live at home is literally useless because there is nothing around so I'm constantly using up all my pokeballs.
    Yea I hate that about the game but I am lucky. Home sucks but at work I sit on two pokestops. And apparently a pidgey/rattata nest which is great for evolutions. caught 14 pidgeys already today and 8 rattata and a select few others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    I have a 510 Dratini, worth evolving (would be my first) on my next lucky egg evolution cycle?
    Can you evolve it into a Dragonite or just a Dragonair? If Dragonite, then go for it but if not then definitely wait for the full 125 candies.

Anybody know some good locations for catching Dratini? Been visiting nests recently but I've not read or heard about any Dratini nests .

ReputationRep:
    Can you evolve it into a Dragonite or just a Dragonair? If Dragonite, then go for it but if not then definitely wait for the full 125 candies.

Anybody know some good locations for catching Dratini? Been visiting nests recently but I've not read or heard about any Dratini nests .
    Why does it matter doing 25 now and 100 later compared to 25 and 100 immediately?

ReputationRep:
    Had to delete Pokemon GO with exam results no leisure for me for a while... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maz A)
    Had to delete Pokemon GO with exam results no leisure for me for a while... :cry:
    I'm sure they weren't all THAT bad.
    Anyway, you know what you did wrong. Just don't let it happen again. =)

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter doing 25 now and 100 later compared to 25 and 100 immediately?
    I'm too impatient to wait for the full amount, but you might get a Pokemon with higher CP than the one you evolved while trying to collect the 100 candies.

Visited a Charmander nest today, and the first Pokemon I got there was Blastoise 😄. *Also got a Poliwrath (stronger than the one I already had) and enough candies for Charmeleon. *Still like 80 candies away from Charizard though.

ReputationRep:
    Loving this Magikarp farm. 253 candies already. All been pretty bad so far, but I got another 38 to go before I need a good one

ReputationRep:
    Because in between that time you'll level up and almost certainly catch a better one. I've done it with so many Pokemon and wasted so many candies.

(Original post by DarkMagic)
    I'm too impatient to wait for the full amount, but you might get a Pokemon with higher CP than the one you evolved while trying to collect the 100 candies.

Visited a Charmander nest today, and the first Pokemon I got there was Blastoise 😄. *Also got a Poliwrath (stronger than the one I already had) and enough candies for Charmeleon. *Still like 80 candies away from Charizard though.
    If you're in London then Blackheath is a great Charmander nest, managed to get all 125 candies within about 5 hours or so.

ReputationRep:
    Because in between that time you'll level up and almost certainly catch a better one. I've done it with so many Pokemon and wasted so many candies.

If you're in London then Blackheath is a great Charmander nest, managed to get all 125 candies within about 5 hours or so.
    Ah I see. But well then getting 125 again rather than 100 is also not much more.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. But well then getting 125 again rather than 100 is also not much more.
    True, but what's the point? You don't gain anything out of evolving it early but you have a potential loss of 25 candies - that could power up your Dragonite 6-8 times.

In the end, do whatever you feel is best. I'm just giving my advice .

ReputationRep:
    Loving this Magikarp farm. 253 candies already. All been pretty bad so far, but I got another 38 to go before I need a good one
    I have 800+ candies and not seen a single Magikarp over CP 136. I'm level 21 as well. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I have 800+ candies and not seen a single Magikarp over CP 136. I'm level 21 as well. What about you?
    Ah lol they are all that bad? I have discarded one that was 172 recently. I just turned 21, too.

ReputationRep:
    True, but what's the point? You don't gain anything out of evolving it early but you have a potential loss of 25 candies - that could power up your Dragonite 6-8 times.

In the end, do whatever you feel is best. I'm just giving my advice .
    Fair point. Just impatient I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Ah lol they are all that bad? I have discarded one that was 172 recently. I just turned 21, too.
    I guess I'm just unlucky then. I honestly have caught 200 magikarps and all of them less than CP136, what a joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I guess I'm just unlucky then. I honestly have caught 200 magikarps and all of them less than CP136, what a joke
    Yeah, that's a joke. On around 200 candy (and already have a Gyarados) and I've had 163 as my highest, but it had poor IVs. Had 2 Magikarp that were 100% IVs, 146 and 150 I think.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's a joke. On around 200 candy (and already have a Gyarados) and I've had 163 as my highest, but it had poor IVs. Had 2 Magikarp that were 100% IVs, 146 and 150 I think.
    What resource you use for IVs? I used the one where you guess the circle but then went to the spreadsheet which should be more accurate but for almost all just gives a range.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.