Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So for J, I can't remember if I got b or c. What was answer b again?

Think I've got somewhere in the high fifties, maybe 60/61 if I'm lucky, so I think it might be a bit borderline as to whether I get an interview. Depends how many marks the last parts of Q2 and Q5 are cos I got stuck on those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuairiMorrissey)
    I feel like I've not done well enough to get an interview : (
    same. was getting mid 60s then completely flunked this. absolute miracle if i get 50 lol. hopefully my gcses and as levels/predictions could possibly help me (theyre almost perfect....unlike my mat score ayy lmao :///)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaiusMartius)
    same. was getting mid 60s then completely flunked this. absolute miracle if i get 50 lol. hopefully my gcses and as levels/predictions could possibly help me (theyre almost perfect....unlike my mat score ayy lmao :///)
    I was getting 80's in past papers but didn't get anywhere near that the one time it counted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joels188)

Think I've got somewhere in the high fifties, maybe 60/61 if I'm lucky, so I think it might be a bit borderline as to whether I get an interview. Depends how many marks the last parts of Q2 and Q5 are cos I got stuck on those.
    Thats exactly how i think i did, hopefully we're on low end of the scale for getting an interview, and i put the answer for J was that if there is only one distinct prime factor then there are some final digits which are impossible, not sure if its right though.

ReputationRep:
    What was the values of a for the multiple choice and what was the choices A and B in the last one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsquared)
    Thats exactly how i think i did, hopefully we're on low end of the scale for getting an interview, and i put the answer for J was that if there is only one distinct prime factor then there are some final digits which are impossible, not sure if its right though.
    Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry if i sound very uninformed, but is it true that at a certain point your mat score doesnt matter? the feedback graphs show a decreasing correlation between mat score and offer likelihood once you are above the 70s?

ReputationRep:
    In the bilateral functions how did people prove f (×) part after proving x^n isn't it pretty much exactly the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watching this thread I have 0 memory of what I did. Hopefully I'll get above 50. But I think I have completely butchered the MCQs. Anxiety is taking the better part of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfbenjamin)
    0 isn't possible and I just realised why. I put the same as you thinking for some reason that 5^2 ended in 0 lol

ah well
    F*** I forgot about 0

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's exactly what I done but it was such a strange question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsquared)
    F*** I forgot about 0
    yeah it sucks

especially since i found that B was false, then went on and did the impossible digits one and found that was false (incorrectly) and then guessed the wrong one... if I had just said "aha this is false I can stop" I would have gotten it right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joels188)

Same here. I got stuck on q2 and q5. They seemed difficult. I think it was just less than 1/2 for q5 and 1/4 q2

ReputationRep:
    When will oxford release the paper and mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pressurize)
    Hi, sorry if i sound very uninformed, but is it true that at a certain point your mat score doesnt matter? the feedback graphs show a decreasing correlation between mat score and offer likelihood once you are above the 70s?
    If you're in the mid 70s I think you'd have to really mess up your interview not to get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    0 isn't possible and I just realised why. I put the same as you thinking for some reason that 5^2 ended in 0 lol

ah well
    Ah yes I remember now, I did put that

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for q6?

It was the dancers one about off-beat dances. if the sum is odd. If i remember for the very last parts i got something about there being 2 rings if n was even and 1 ring if n was odd?

ReputationRep:
    yeah it sucks

especially since i found that B was false, then went on and did the impossible digits one and found that was false (incorrectly) and then guessed the wrong one... if I had just said "aha this is false I can stop" I would have gotten it right
    Oh well thats another 4 marks i didn't get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0.4444)
    What did people get for q6?

It was the dancers one about off-beat dances. if the sum is odd. If i remember for the very last parts i got something about there being 2 rings if n was even and 1 ring if n was odd?
    I also got something like that. Therefore using the previous part I believe n had to be divisible by 6?

ReputationRep:
    I just really explicitly split the polynomial up into lots of x^ns then applied the result to all of them. I thought that question was weird since there was barely a leap in thought between each part, it pretty much just flowed on
    Yeah i did the same. I said that f(x) could be written as a polynomial hence you can integrate each x term in the same way you did for the part before

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 30, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.