[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ob-hockey)
    Is this the same for all LNAT unis?
    Yeah, it's the same date for all of them, those are just the ones I applied to.

(Original post by iman305)
    How do you know when LNAT scores are sent, I thought it was immediately!
    (Original post by LNAT)
    Starting on 21 October, the first batch of LNAT scores (tests taken between 1 September to 20 October) are released to the universities to download. After that date, within 24 hours of finishing your LNAT, Pearson VUE will make your LNAT score and essay available for download by your chosen university or universities.
    Source: http://www.lnat.ac.uk/what-is-lnat/results/

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to apply to all of these for Chemistry:

Bristol
    Southampton (preferred)
    UEA
    Lincoln
    Hull

Personal statement 12 characters over the limit, but quite happy with it otherwise. Also waiting on reference from teachers, which will be sorted out after October half term... when that's done I'll be all ready to apply

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Keele or Plymouth university??

ReputationRep:
    I feel worried I've seen a few offers for econ at Nottingham and I've had no response

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie31289)
    I feel worried I've seen a few offers for econ at Nottingham and I've had no response

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've got until sometime in May to get a response. Just because you haven't had a response within a week or two doesn't mean it's the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if I will get offers at bristol bath or imperial with a*a*a predicted grades (course engineering)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    Does anyone know if I will get offers at bristol bath or imperial with a*a*a predicted grades (course engineering)
    No-one can know how your application (PS etc) compares to all the other people who have applied. It isn't just about 'grades'. You'll just have to apply and keep your fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solC)
    Thanks
    The conditions are either AAA with Maths or A*AB with A* maths and A Further Maths, and my predicted grades are A*A*A*.
    Are you applying to Nottingham too?
    I looked at it but in the end I applied for Oxford, York, Sheffield, Cardiff and UEA all for PPE or variations, I haven't heard anything back yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    No-one can know how your application (PS etc) compares to all the other people who have applied. It isn't just about 'grades'. You'll just have to apply and keep your fingers crossed.
    Thanks, hopefully I'll get some soon. Bath and Bristol have high offer rates so I hope I'll get an offer from them, it's just imperial that looks to be more difficult to get in

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=RelfTE;68055338]I looked at it but in the end I applied for Oxford, York, Sheffield, Cardiff and UEA all for PPE or variations, I haven't heard anything back yet though

Don't worry I'm sure they's respond soon, Warwick was the last uni to reply by far but the first to give me an offer lol. I still haven't received an email from the college I applied to at Cambridge, but I think now that its past the deadline we should start hearing from them soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    You get an unconditional either if you've already achieved the grades required for the course and the university wants to offer you a place. Many universities give unconditionals to very very strong applicants.
    You can also get an unconditional offer (often only if firmed) from some universities, such as (but not limited to) Birmingham, Leicester and Sussex, as a marketing strategy for them to secure students. These are offered entirely in the interests of the university, not the student.

23,000 such offers were made in 2015 (double that in 2014).

Only accept them if you would have made that university your firm choice anyway, don't be swayed by the "attractive" offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theplace)
    What's the acceptance cap?
    no. places a uni can offer

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=solC;68056052]
    (Original post by RelfTE)
    I looked at it but in the end I applied for Oxford, York, Sheffield, Cardiff and UEA all for PPE or variations, I haven't heard anything back yet though

Don't worry I'm sure they's respond soon, Warwick was the last uni to reply by far but the first to give me an offer lol. I still haven't received an email from the college I applied to at Cambridge, but I think now that its past the deadline we should start hearing from them soon.

Agreed, they'll probably start shortlisting Monday. And contact the students for an interview mid November.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Drunq;68058192]
    (Original post by solC)

Agreed, they'll probably start shortlisting Monday. And contact the students for an interview mid November.
    Although SAQ deadline is a few days away yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jneill;68058284]
    (Original post by Drunq)

Although SAQ deadline is a few days away yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

For those who have completed their admissions. E.g LNATs for law. So on and so on.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Nottingham A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    I've also seen people get offers from Bristol!
    What courses do peeps have Bristol offers from?😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xphoenix)
    Got an offer from Nottingham A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHILLIPSCHO)
    What courses do peeps have Bristol offers from?😀
    I've heard a lot of ppl get offers at Bristol for economics
    I've applied to Bristol for Physics and Maths (combined degree) as well but haven't heard anything yet. I'm an international student tho so it might take longer.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from UEA, History and Politics

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.