Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Daax
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What is the 'timey wimey' phrase you guys banter about?

*quote if you reply as it will get lost in this thread probably!
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Daax)

theres an image I assume its on this thread that explains. I will try to find it

the doctor says this and other variations to explain things

I don't think that image worked but its on the first thead in one of the spoilers go look through them!
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

That was an amazing showing of Tennants Doctor. He was so enthusiastic, such a love of life and everything it held. But he was so dangerous, so utterly and completely dangerous. His emotions were wild and uncontrollable. He was probably always on the edge of becoming 'Time Lord Victorious' :coma:
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Daax)

boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Daax)

Daax
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
cheers!
Sawwah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh that is so cool, kind of like those eye test thingys.
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not the OST but still deserves a mention.

SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Does anybody else hope to see a bit more 'colour' in the next 'big bad'. Rather than a whole race of evil aliens, just a new set of aliens with a rebel group, a rebel group with a very dangerous cause though.

It is just seems a bit lacklustre having whole races painted as good or evil. Except humans, we get the full range
It could be interesting to see a sort of civil war. Earlier in the series you see the 'good' side who make a couple of mentions of the war but not too much and then in the finale the Doctor lands amongst the 'baddies' and doesn't realise until the end of the first part and has helped them in doing something he wouldn't have done otherwise (and he did it rather unwittingly obsviously).

(Original post by sleekchic)
I think this is the one from series 5 I was referring to. It's different from the Amy's theme I posted above. It's from the scene with the apple when the Doctor tries to convince Amy's it him. http://open.spotify.com/track/2JOMf2ztLJCOFI6xhlYA2o
Aaah they're just different bits of music. I think it's just more developed in Amy's theme as she is older though. You can hear the similarities certainly but there are some distinct differences, there is more singing in Amy's theme, Little Amy has the twinking a lot more and generally seems softer. The middle section from 0.38(ish)-1.07(ish) is also nothing like I can hear in Amy's theme.

Little Amy seems much more magical and mystical than Amy's Theme which seems to me more a wonderful yet sad kind of thing.

Also, you also get the start of them both in one or tow of the Pandorica themes. Mainly the bits with little Amy in them.
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does anybody else ever feel that the Doctor isn't perhaps using all of his 'abilities' for some reason? I think he has to keep himself in check to stop himself 'hardening' like the Time Lords locked in the Time war.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)

That was an amazing showing of Tennants Doctor. He was so enthusiastic, such a love of life and everything it held. But he was so dangerous, so utterly and completely dangerous. His emotions were wild and uncontrollable. He was probably always on the edge of becoming 'Time Lord Victorious' :coma:
That is my favourite episode(s) of Dr Who. I always wanted to read the book it was based on after watching DWC but haven't found (or got around to it) yet.

I still can't believe my Dad is just like, the little girl regenerating is that girl from this episode. :unimpressed:
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
He doesn't want to become 'God'? I do feel there are things we've seen him do once and never again. Eccleston/8th Doctor slowed down time, or his perception of time, to the millisecond in the second episode. And we've never seen that repeated ever.
There was the whole business with the Krillatines trying to become Gods when there was a bit of discussion about what the Doctor could become IIRC
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
That is my favourite episode(s) of Dr Who. I always wanted to read the book it was based on after watching DWC but haven't found (or got around to it) yet.

I still can't believe my Dad is just like, the little girl regenerating is that girl from this episode. :unimpressed:
Whats the name of the book?
Greg1989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Does anybody else ever feel that the Doctor isn't perhaps using all of his 'abilities' for some reason? I think he has to keep himself in check to stop himself 'hardening' like the Time Lords locked in the Time war.
I think that you are right like when he tried to defy the time line by saving that lady (i forget all the details but she was in space and meant to die but he saved her then when they got back to earth she killed herself anyway as she knew it was wrong). Plus if he had the ability to outsmart and destroy all the time lords, not to mention going back to the original ones steal the tardis in the first place and never get caught by the time lords.

I think its partly also as he likes the challenge though because he always seems to be looking for a thrill like how he will taunt villains and make fun of them, and just using his power wouldnt give him that. He is meant to have looked into the time vortex and run but I think in a way he tries to run from being a time lord at all as he dosnt like most of them (except the tardis which who knows what else it can do)
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yoghurt)
Whats the name of the book?
Human Nature. Written by Paul Cornell who wrote the episode as well. He adapted the book to fit the series.

I could check amazon for it, I never thought of that. My library don't have it :unimpressed:
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Love it Watch from about 30 seconds in :rofl2:
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Can anyone tell me where the clip at 1:09 is from?

I can't remember it.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)

Can anyone tell me where the clip at 1:09 is from?

I can't remember it.
Flesh and Stone. Series 5
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Human Nature. Written by Paul Cornell who wrote the episode as well. He adapted the book to fit the series.

I could check amazon for it, I never thought of that. My library don't have it :unimpressed:
Thanks, I think I might find a way of acquiring that for my kindle :ninja:

I currently have 31 Dr Who books on my Kindle and 3 short stories, but thats not one of them :mad:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed