Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    me again!

I just said bye to my little brother as he is going to school, and oh my god, its all just hit me! I'm not going to see him until christmas! its his birthday today too so i feel really bad as all the attention is on me, not him. I'm not bothered about not seeing my mum, but not gonna see my baby either (yeah he is 13, but still my baby, hehe). this is stupid as i'm crying now and i was honestly not expecting to cry.

how have the goodbyes gone with everyone else? x

ReputationRep:
    i was bawling when i said goodbye to trevor- got mascara on his shirt
    then i spent all day tuesday crying randomly.

i hate the goodbyes

ReputationRep:
    I've still to pack.... is that a bad thing?

yas! my friend is having a leaving party for me tonight soo saturday i'll be walking about still drunk probably.

people i'll miss? all the people i fancied that i never told.

ReputationRep:
    The goodbyes have been rough, my granma is really old and lives in india and she started to cry on the phone cos she didnt know when she would see me next, and thought maybe she never would.

Im quite excited about tomorrow, but I hate that Im leaving so many special people behind. I wish we could just pick up our lives and move them somewhere new and itneresting. I know that would destroy the whole point, but I'm feeling prematurely nostalgic and not thinking logically.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, Im walking out my house now. Boarding a plane to edinburgh in a few hours. Hope you guys all have safe journeys to there, and see you all soon.

ReputationRep:
    Blimey I feel like the only one who is still at home! So far goodbyes have gone ok - my parents and brother are coming up to edinburgh with me so it's only been the dog so far. My dad and I dropped him off at the kennels and yes, I did cry. I'm very soppy about my dog, he's 11 and that's really old for a boxer so I worry about him still being here when I come back in November.

My parents have just left with all my stuff. They're driving to my aunt's in middlesborough this evening which is about half way and then doing the rest in the morning when my brother and I get the train. Amazed I managed to fit all my stuff in the car!! Apparently I'm taking a lot. Better safe than sorry!

Like oxymoronic I'm writing down all the Hermit's Croft people so I may come a-stalking at some point too!

ReputationRep:
    my ipod has JUST died and decided to not charge

wonderful so what's resnet people? and..who wants to help me pack?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, the hours are slipping away.

I'm currently battling with the run.exe function on Win XP attempting to obtain my MAC address :mad: in order to register for ResNet.

I'll look forward to meeting you all in Edinburgh; have we arranged a date on which to meet up yet?

If you're passing by Darroch Court, feel free to pop in for a coffee... or just to whore my washing machine.

Steve :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManicDepressive)
    I've still to pack.... is that a bad thing?
    Nope! It's 11:30pm and i haven't even started. I'm driving up tomorrow morning :P

Anyone thats passing Darroch (Flat 2 Stair 3) feel free to drop in on me Hopefully i'll see you all around tomorrow

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    me again!

I just said bye to my little brother as he is going to school, and oh my god, its all just hit me! I'm not going to see him until christmas! its his birthday today too so i feel really bad as all the attention is on me, not him. I'm not bothered about not seeing my mum, but not gonna see my baby either (yeah he is 13, but still my baby, hehe). this is stupid as i'm crying now and i was honestly not expecting to cry.

how have the goodbyes gone with everyone else? x
    Heh. I don't think my sister (aged 10) enjoyed the attention that was all focused on myself today. She kept interrupting things with completely random comments like 'My new teacher really likes me'. I had my boyfriend round with my family for a big family Chinese dinner. It was so tasty! Slightly teary and terrified to be going but my boyfriend will only be in Glasgow (Strathclyde Uni). I'm very very excited though.

So...Anyone else embarrassed by the amount of stuff they're taking and cannot bring themselves to part with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManicDepressive)
    people i'll miss? all the people i fancied that i never told.

:ottid:

This is so true...

ReputationRep:
    Cool beans guys. Said goodbye to my parents in the middle of a random street with all the tour buses going past. Was a little emotional but not too bad cos i can tell im going to love it. Whats everyones accommodation like. Mine is amazing. I can see arthurs seat and salisbury crags from my bed!!! I couldnt have hoped for better. Just got onto resnet. Only had some minor problems but they were really really helpful when i rang them. To be honest everything seems to work so really not going to be a problem. So what is everyone up to over the next few days?

ReputationRep:
    I have that view! Not from my bed though, although sitting here typing away its awesome to look out over that I love it here! Already had to take a trip to the first aid though after last nights antics...oops...

Hows everybody coping with the hardcore partying?

ReputationRep:
    I feel rough... I met someone off TSR who's on my course when I was waiting for some beer-bus and I was *so* drunk, so he obviously thinks I'm a freak.

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    You have resnet already? I'm at the University library the now. I changed my computer settings using the cd instructions and have the cable to connect my computer into the portal. I also registered on Sunday - but nothing... Help!

I'll phone the resnet people tonight.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone! how is freshers week going for you all?

i love it here! i must admit i do get bouts of tears and all that jazz because i got quite homesick But i am fine now and have come to terms with the fact that this is permanent.

how would anyone like to go to something on friday... i dont know what for or what to... would mean micheala could go to zane lowe!!

i feel as if i have barely met any of you yet... please drop by; grant house, pollock halls. PM me and ill give you my mobile number and we can plan meeting up

carly

(in four years i will be able to write Carly Smith MA :cool: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renza)
    You have resnet already? I'm at the University library the now. I changed my computer settings using the cd instructions and have the cable to connect my computer into the portal. I also registered on Sunday - but nothing... Help!

I'll phone the resnet people tonight.
    yeah, the resnet stuff is sooo annoying, it's taking ages, i go to the library as well...
    i think we should have a TSR pub crawl/social this or next week, would be quite good to meet you people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukas)
    yeah, the resnet stuff is sooo annoying, it's taking ages, i go to the library as well...
    i think we should have a TSR pub crawl/social this or next week, would be quite good to meet you people...
    yeah, I'm waiting for resnet for about 2 days, and they still didn't reply me...

anyway, TSR meeting is very good idea!!

ReputationRep:
    the guy staying next to me got his resnet up and he says it's dissapointingly slow

although i haven't bought a laptop yet so i'm up in the library right now getting my tsr fix

haha freshers was taking it outta me and last night i got more sleep than the past 5 days total.

we need some sorta secret code for tsr at events.... any suggestions?

also most of teh freshers stuff has been too queue full to bother.

ReputationRep:
    My messenger doesnt work

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.