Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simos)
    It is worth 560 Ucas points. (A*=140 points)

Cambridge average- 638
    Oxford average - 608
    LSE average- 587
    Warwick average- 574

These are the unis which average over that. I'm not sure if it is because of A levels like critical thinking but I don't know many people who do a 5th AS let alone 4 A levels!

I cant work out the tariffs tbh
    (Original post by Millerman)
    i cant see that being true because surely the average person getting into those uni isnt getting 4A* when the requirments are usually AAA or A*AA
    The thing is UCAS points doesn't paint the full picture, qualifications like General Studies, Critical Thinking, EPQ, FSMQ, additional AS levels, music grades etc... all inflate the UCAS point score, the average person certainly doesn't get 4A*s

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I got AAA at a level and im in my Gap year self teaching further maths and retaking C4, (94 achieved in C3 and 84 in C4). Do you guys think i have a shot at Economics at UCL if im predicted two A*s with AAA achieved?

(Sorry, i know so many people come with those "do i have a chance?" posts )

ReputationRep:
    I'm having difficulties with deciding on my 5th choice. Which is better to study economics at: St Andrews or Edinburgh?
    I realise the locations are very different, but I would be just as happy studying in a small village as in a city.

ReputationRep:
    Not me personally, but a classmate got an offer from Southampton with AAA

I guess certain universities are giving offers now, based upon the instinct that they just want the student
    (Though i think my school has a special relationship with Southampton, especially since so many students was accepted there last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Not me personally, but a classmate got an offer from Southampton with AAA

I guess certain universities are giving offers now, based upon the instinct that they just want the student
    (Though i think my school has a special relationship with Southampton, especially since so many students was accepted there last year!
    One of my friends got an offer the day after she sent off her applications.

ReputationRep:
    My application was received by UCAS two days ago and I'm now receiving loads of emails from the universities with my login details for their applications tracker, and confirming they have now received my application.

So excited now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard17)
    Guys, I got AAA at a level and im in my Gap year self teaching further maths and retaking C4, (94 achieved in C3 and 84 in C4). Do you guys think i have a shot at Economics at UCL if im predicted two A*s with AAA achieved?

(Sorry, i know so many people come with those "do i have a chance?" posts )
    Chances are slim considering they want it all to be achieved in the "first sitting". What are your GCSEs like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Chances are slim considering they want it all to be achieved in the "first sitting". What are your GCSEs like?
    It's just C4 that will be retaken, the entire further maths will be on the first sitting.

Also my gcse's are horrible, like completely awful compared to most on tsr. (5As, 7 Bs).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm applying for Economics at Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Bristol and York and just got an email from UCL asking me for my modules and UMS scores that I got last year. I was just wondering if anyone else has received this and if anyone knows if we have to tell them about any resits we've taken?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lobsta)
    Hi, I'm applying for Economics at Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Bristol and York and just got an email from UCL asking me for my modules and UMS scores that I got last year. I was just wondering if anyone else has received this and if anyone knows if we have to tell them about any resits we've taken?
    You should have already put resits on your UCAS form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    You should have already put resits on your UCAS form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On our UCAS Form? Our school told us to just put down the subjects and the grades we've received in them, so I've only put down e.g. Mathematics A. So the universities won't know what modules I have taken or am planning to take, never mind if I've done any resits or not, as far as I'm aware...

ReputationRep:
    Is there any point in applying to Warwick with these grades

GCSE: 8A's and 4B's
    A-Level: 4A's in Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Psychology
    + 2 weeks work experience in JP Morgan last summer?

The only thing holding me back is my below par GCSE's...
    Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Jam)

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    are they completed A-levels or AS levels ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    are they completed A-levels or AS levels ?
    As levels I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lobsta)
    That's new, didn't know they did that. Maybe its because you didn't show your module grades so they're asking for them? But that doesn't explain the UMS scores.

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your work experience won't help you to get into uni. However, it will help you get a job afterwards. Your grades are good nonetheless, but Warwick are known the reject based on GCSEs even though they won't admit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch_Box)
    Your work experience won't help you to get into uni. However, it will help you get a job afterwards. Your grades are good nonetheless, but Warwick are known the reject based on GCSEs even though they won't admit it.
    Is this this the same with all the target uni's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's new, didn't know they did that. Maybe its because you didn't show your module grades so they're asking for them? But that doesn't explain the UMS scores.
    I think UCL sometimes do ask for UMS scores, I think it's just hit and miss depending on the year. Last year they didn't but I know they did the year before (or before that).

ReputationRep:
    Is this this the same with all the target uni's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By target, what do you mean?

(Original post by JOR2010)
    I think UCL sometimes do ask for UMS scores, I think it's just hit and miss depending on the year. Last year they didn't but I know they did the year before (or before that).
    So would they ask everyone or just the selected ones?

ReputationRep:
    By target, what do you mean?

So would they ask everyone or just the selected ones?
    Warwick, UCL, LSE Oxbridge but not applying to Oxbridge anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.