Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Kazou hiria is doing a good job as a leader?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BARCEMO)
    i was reading through that too
    weird coincidence haha

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxTFA1kh1m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    Wow wasn't aware of that... i love Zappos so much that I would actually consider reading that lol. BUSS4 has turned me into a freak
    Yeah these past 2 days ive been learning so much about different businesses and how their culture and other aspects have effected them nd how they responded to it. What uni have you applied to if you don't mind me asking and what for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dulwin)
    Zappos is an amazing business!
    Their culture is great, and I think their culture is working very well as it is in centre with their employees
    yeeeeaaaah someone who feels my love for this wonderful company <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAhmedd)
    Yeah these past 2 days ive been learning so much about different businesses and how their culture and other aspects have effected them nd how they responded to it. What uni have you applied to if you don't mind me asking and what for?
    Me too and I've firmed Manchester for Economics and Social Studies. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain or post the link that explains the schein force field?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBobb)
    Can someone please explain or post the link that explains the schein force field?
    Shein's force field? Or Lewin's? :P

ReputationRep:
    Ethics refers to how moral a business' actions are. Nestle's involvement with the breast milk scandal would be seen as unethical for example.
    CSR refers to how socially responsible the actions are. Very similar but there is a fine line. Firms tend to publish a CSR outlining what they will do to be socially responsible. Nestle's case study would not fall under this. Satarbuck's suspended coffee project would be classed under CSR
    Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowster)
    Presumably because they had no back up plans for what they would do if an oil spill actually happened (Which it has done) and so now they're paying the price for it, ruining their reputation. I haven't done BP, but I guess that's about right
    ye i would say that pretty much sums it up. Basically anything with reference to the oil spillage and not planning for that, as it's not a daily occurrence.

ReputationRep:
    Shein's force field? Or Lewin's? :P
    i am not sure, my teacher never told us. i noticed you included this on your essay, can you explain that, please

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Me too and I've firmed Manchester for Economics and Social Studies. How about you?
    I shall see you at Manchester in 2014 :L I doubt ive gotten into my firm choice uni UCL or my insurance Queen Mary. I have a feeling il get A in economics B in maths ( might get an A depending on C3) and B/C in business studies . Ive been thinking and have decided Manchester is the place I want to be to study Economics and political science. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Zappos is quite good with their 2000 pounds drop out thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBobb)
    i am not sure, my teacher never told us. i noticed you included this on your essay, can you explain that, please

thanks in advance
    It's Lewin's force field analysis... the other dude had a culture model :P But Lewin basically stated that if the restraining forces were greater than the driving forces for change, change will not occur. Driving forces must be greater than restraining forces. Pretty useless piece of theory, but examiners like it
    http://www.tutor2u.net/business/stra...-analysis.html

ReputationRep:
    I shall see you at Manchester in 2014 :L I doubt ive gotten into my firm choice uni UCL or my insurance Queen Mary. I have a feeling il get A in economics B in maths ( might get an A depending on C3) and B/C in business studies . Ive been thinking and have decided Manchester is the place I want to be to study Economics and political science. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?
    aww hopefully you've done better than you think. My offer is AAB, but I think there's a high chance I'll miss this offer by at least one grade, with an A only in maths. Ah well, praying for the best

ReputationRep:
    Yeah more or less. Just link it into a business that has become less competite over time such as Nokia or Kodak who have had a 'complacent' culture. Or businesses may have wanted to change due to low profitability or have been making losses such as Sony who have decided to chane their strategy to retrenchment and so therefore Kazou Hirai has made 10000 people redundant and sold a few core properties and businesses. Hope this helps!
    That helps thanks.
    What business have you researched?

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's amazing I guess im going to try that and yeah your remark in buss2 don't surprise me haha I got mine remarked from 69/120 ums to 108/120 ums
    what the ****, lol i would have never said it's possible for a mark to go up that much, even if you deserved it (im sure you did deserve a great mark ) as i see it as you get the paper remarked due to being marked lower than deserved, you pay money for this, nothing much happens, complain, etc and that goes on for ages and nothing happens, waste of time, money, etc.... but perhaps not always lol... well done anyways

ReputationRep:
    It's got to the point where I'm not researching firms anymore, I'm researching how clearing works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayward_2013)
    what the ****, lol i would have never said it's possible for a mark to go up that much, even if you deserved it (im sure you did deserve a great mark ) as i see it as you get the paper remarked due to being marked lower than deserved, you pay money for this, nothing much happens, complain, etc and that goes on for ages and nothing happens, waste of time, money, etc.... but perhaps not always lol... well done anyways
    Yeah I paid 25 pounds for a remark :rolleyes: and I felt like I did great in the exam only to get a low mark. So I paid for a resit and surprisingly they gave me 108/120 which I think was too generous I was hoping for 85-89.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki)
    That helps thanks.
    What business have you researched?
    Ive researched Royal Mail, Sony, Nokia, Zappos, Amazon, SouthWest Airlines, Kodak, Enron , Google and Starbucks what about yourself?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.