Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    No I did not do the paper,already did it in Jan 2013 and got an A, just curious if it was harder than our paper in Jan

How was it for you

Looking at peoples comment , the paper was nice
    It was pretty good but heavy on biodiversity which often brings boundaries down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    I didn't either but I don't think you had to actually specify. Although I think I may have put which ones were long term, just not the short terms ones
    So hopefully I'll still get some credit everything I said was right (I think) so howpfully just a couple deducted for not specifying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    No I did not do the paper,already did it in Jan 2013 and got an A, just curious if it was harder than our paper in Jan

How was it for you

Looking at peoples comment , the paper was nice
    nice than last june for sure

yeah it was OK-dont think I've got full UMS as I was aiming for-didn't realise the last one was microscopic -__ - and wrote about allopatric/sympatric speciation and migration due to changes in climate LOL im so clever...
    then afew other ambigious bits here and there like the hydrogen bonding -completely forgot about 2-3 -_-
    think i should still have an A though

ReputationRep:
    I think its Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis. That's what I put (Don't think you'll need both)
    Yeah I looked it up after the exam, it's only 1 mark so it's not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    You still should have got it right as both a real bear and the bug are eukaryotic and animals
    Oh yeah nevermind, woo! I spent ages at the end trying to find the question that used the second picture.

ReputationRep:
    I think its Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis. That's what I put (Don't think you'll need both)

ReputationRep:
    I don't now about the paper .. i mean it was not bad but what was the alcohol anhydrase one on it was enzyme but the other two parts of the question ? is anyone going to make an unofficial mark scheme ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    nice than last june for sure

yeah it was OK-dont think I've got full UMS as I was aiming for-didn't realise the last one was microscopic -__ - and wrote about allopatric/sympatric speciation and migration due to changes in climate LOL im so clever...
    then afew other ambigious bits here and there like the hydrogen bonding -completely forgot about 2-3 -_-
    think i should still have an A though
    Very good, like that I am sure you will!!

That question the importance of base pairing is quite interesting what did you put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick_095)
    I think I lost one or two marks on that, I realised last minute that the "water bear" was actually that microscopic organism on the insert...not an actual bear, silly me.
    Not an actual bear lmaoooo that has made my day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would I lose a mark for putting just Mycobacterium? Also, for the dehydrogenase question, I talked about the actual mechanism rather than active site, etc. Would I get any marks?

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty good but heavy on biodiversity which often brings boundaries down
    I see !

I am sure you smashed it

ReputationRep:
    Damn!! I wrote myobacterium tuberculosis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogut)
    What did everyone put for the domain and kingdom of the water bear thing in that last question? I guessed protoctist and eukaryote?
    I put animalia and Eukaryotae

ReputationRep:
    The hardest question for me was the 2 marker about TB? Someone explain

ReputationRep:
    Would i still get the mark if i spelt it is Myobacterium instead of Mycobacterium?

ReputationRep:
    Am I safe in assuming the boundary for an A will be 72 or less?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssflcb)
    I don't now about the paper .. i mean it was not bad but what was the alcohol anhydrase one on it was enzyme but the other two parts of the question ? is anyone going to make an unofficial mark scheme ?
    I expect we'll need acess to the paper first, so it may be a little while yet!

(Original post by fluker6696)
    Would I lose a mark for putting just Mycobacterium? Also, for the dehydrogenase question, I talked about the actual mechanism rather than active site, etc. Would I get any marks?
    Because of how pedantic OCR are I would be inclined to say you would drop the mark for only Mycobacterium

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashraf549)

wasnt it just that TB is a droplet infection so the disease spreads in droplets in coughs/sneezes etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tejmasta)
    Would i still get the mark if i spelt it is Myobacterium instead of Mycobacterium?
    You must write Mycobacterium tuberuclosis underlined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashraf549)
    I put droplet infection - the bacterium is present in droplets in the saliva so when an individual coughs/speaks, the droplets leave their mouth and pass into another person?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.