Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR B (Salters) F332 Tuesday 4th June 2013 Exam Discussion (Now Closed) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    I think Salters has destroyed my chances into getting into university
    It's unbelievable, the OCR advancing physics ones are stupidly high as well. OCR really are a horrendous exam board, this paper was of average difficulty at best, I've certainly done easier past papers.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm gonna have to be a rentboy now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    It's unbelievable, the OCR advancing physics ones are stupidly high as well. OCR really are a horrendous exam board, this paper was of average difficulty at best, I've certainly done easier past papers.
    Ouch. You know what they should do? If grade boundaries go up by a minimum of 5 marks of the average, they should explain the reason so. But knowing how politically motivated exam boards are, they really wouldn't give a damn.

I guess dude, we can't do anything about it, but wait to see what this means for us tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. You know what they should do? If grade boundaries go up by a minimum of 5 marks of the average, they should explain the reason so. But knowing how politically motivated exam boards are, they really wouldn't give a damn.

I guess dude, we can't do anything about it, but wait to see what this means for us tomorrow
    It's ridiculous having more than 1 exam board, it's blatantly unfair when things like this happen. Because of me unbelievably irritating school we have to wait until Friday for AS results, so that's going to be 48 hours of pure panic. Good luck for tomorrow, we're going to need it... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    This was the worse paper I ever answered for F332 and it has the highest boundary. Not gone well. ****.

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiculous having more than 1 exam board, it's blatantly unfair when things like this happen. Because of me unbelievably irritating school we have to wait until Friday for AS results, so that's going to be 48 hours of pure panic. Good luck for tomorrow, we're going to need it... :mad:
    I totally agree with you- it doesn't take a smart person to understand that multiple exam boards cause unwanted competition, which will inherently cause unfairness. Our exam system in this country is so messed up.

Omg, that's awful! Why do you have to wait an extra day? I would chain myself to the gates to protest Good luck trying to wait!

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with you- it doesn't take a smart person to understand that multiple exam boards cause unwanted competition, which will inherently cause unfairness. Our exam system in this country is so messed up.

Omg, that's awful! Why do you have to wait an extra day? I would chain myself to the gates to protest Good luck trying to wait!
    Our school thinks it'll be a great idea to focus on A2 tomorrow, whilst casually chucking us AS people on the pile. To make it worse, we planned our holiday around the proper results day, so I'm on holiday on the Friday, and have to wait for them to finish everyone else in AS, and finally get round to emailing me my results!

Don't worry, we have Gove to fix it all for us now! Oh god, I don't think I've ever felt so bitter at something before now, but it really is unbelievable. It's no wonder British education is fast declining compared to other countries...

ReputationRep:
    Our school thinks it'll be a great idea to focus on A2 tomorrow, whilst casually chucking us AS people on the pile. To make it worse, we planned our holiday around the proper results day, so I'm on holiday on the Friday, and have to wait for them to finish everyone else in AS, and finally get round to emailing me my results!

Don't worry, we have Gove to fix it all for us now! Oh god, I don't think I've ever felt so bitter at something before now, but it really is unbelievable. It's no wonder British education is fast declining compared to other countries...
    That's such an unlucky position! See, that's why I don't get why schools or exam boards can universally email results out to candidates, instead of bloody old fashioned envelope means. It'll be so, so, more convenient!

Well Gove is defiantly not gonna last after 2015, Tories are most likely to lose; and then we'll have the circle again. Labour will oppose some, we go back, and there you are, repeat that cycle. We've never had a frank discussion about our education system; we're far too *politically scared* to do so :/

ReputationRep:
    That's such an unlucky position! See, that's why I don't get why schools or exam boards can universally email results out to candidates, instead of bloody old fashioned envelope means. It'll be so, so, more convenient!

Well Gove is defiantly not gonna last after 2015, Tories are most likely to lose; and then we'll have the circle again. Labour will oppose some, we go back, and there you are, repeat that cycle. We've never had a frank discussion about our education system; we're far too *politically scared* to do so :/
    I despair for Britain... Our politicians spend more time trying to get and stay in power than actually doing anything constructive. If there's one good thing about going to university, regardless of how good a Uni it's going to be now, it's getting away from the god awful public education system.

ReputationRep:
    I despair for Britain... Our politicians spend more time trying to get and stay in power than actually doing anything constructive. If there's one good thing about going to university, regardless of how good a Uni it's going to be now, it's getting away from the god awful public education system.
    Thus has been the case ever since the 1960s tbh, with the abolition of grammar schools. That's the saving grace! University doesn't have all that crappy system of regulation and boards, allowing them more freedom; which so helps the student and event he university.

This government is always banging on about universities taking a lead on A-Levels, so why don't they try and implement some of the ways universities do their stuff? I really think there should be only one exam board that can be held to account and no fiddling constantly.

ReputationRep:
    Thus has been the case ever since the 1960s tbh, with the abolition of grammar schools. That's the saving grace! University doesn't have all that crappy system of regulation and boards, allowing them more freedom; which so helps the student and event he university.

This government is always banging on about universities taking a lead on A-Levels, so why don't they try and implement some of the ways universities do their stuff? I really think there should be only one exam board that can be held to account and no fiddling constantly.
    The only possible benefit of multiple exam boards i can think of is an increased breadth of available courses. But of course, if we have one big exam board with a similar total amount of resources, it can offer a similar range of courses, with far less overlaps, actually increasing possible breadth, whilst still avoiding exam boards competing with each other at our expense.

ReputationRep:
    I think you guys should all relax. The grade boundaries are really high, but they have to keep the same standards each year, which means a very similar amount of people will get As. Obviously a lot of people got into the 80s and 90s if the grade boundaries are this high. I think a lot of us here will be surprised tomorrow to find out we have got As, considering the grade boundaries, after all, there wasn't a mark scheme for this exam, no one can really be sure how they've done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolRunner)
    EXACTLY. ****ING ****! :mad::mad:

Oh **** you salters. Really **** you.

Well, I suppose I should start downgrading my university choices now...

Spoiler:
    Show
    **** YOU OCR, YOU ****ING *******S, THERE IS NOT A ****ING CHANCE IN HELL THAT THIS EXAM PAPER WAS THE EASIEST ONE EVER, GO BACK TO HELL YOU SADISTIC *****
    Hahaha spoiler
    I know how you feel.

I also didn't find this the easiest paper of all. I guess more people know how the exam tends to be and what typically comes up, so the grade boundaries inflated.

OCR suck anyway
    I'm surprised people realise this now.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know their mark for OCR Chemistry coursework for AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Login)
    A B C D E
    82 73 65 57 49

82 for an A, highest it ever has been!
    Disgusting.
    Where did you find that out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    Does anyone know their mark for OCR Chemistry coursework for AS?
    My teacher told me 48, but of course this is open to moderation. Probably really got 30 or something knowing the way my results are going.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me 48, but of course this is open to moderation. Probably really got 30 or something knowing the way my results are going.
    I got the same. It's a low B. I hope it doesn't change unless it goes higher!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    I got the same. It's a low B. I hope it doesn't change unless it goes higher!
    That would be quite good! Which means of course, OCR will never do it! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    a high c. thats 98 ums

ocr well and truly ****ed everyone over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NielsBohrsDad)
    a high c. thats 98 ums

ocr well and truly ****ed everyone over.
    Is that the sort of thing you were expecting, or were you hoping for higher? OCR is easily the worst exam board of the lot, ridiculous syllabuses, ridiculous exams and now ridiculous grade boundaries. Perhaps that's just for my subjects, but that's how it feels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.