Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataash)
    i have access but i cant see them anyway. sorry!

(Original post by otherdan)
    According to the AQA website, grade boundaries (not necessarily mark schemes) will be posted on eAQA at 00:01.

If you could, please continue checking to see if they are delayed in the uploading,

We would all be grateful. Thanks.

(Original post by rturnbull94)
    I can tell you all that AQA are doing something to the e-AQA site at the minute because before 12 the mark schemes link wasn't there, now it is - there are no mark schemes however
    Could anyone who has access to eAQA possibly look to see if the Computing COMP1 and COMP2 June 2013 mark schemes are uploaded? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    CIE grade boundaries anyone ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What ums do you need overall to get a A*/A/B/C in science aqa? and what ums do you need overall to get an A*/A/B/C in Maths edexcel?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by _JasmineMistry)
    What ums do you need overall to get a A*/A/B/C in science aqa? and what ums do you need overall to get an A*/A/B/C in Maths edexcel?
    UMS boundaries are always the same - you always need 80% overall for an A, 70% overall for a B etc.

For the A* (except maths), you need to score at least 80% over the full A-Level AND 90% over the A2 units. For maths, you need to score at least 80% over the full A-Level and 90% over C3 and C4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    UMS boundaries are always the same - you always need 80% overall for an A, 70% overall for a B etc.

For the A* (except maths), you need to score at least 80% over the full A-Level AND 90% over the A2 units. For maths, you need to score at least 80% over the full A-Level and 90% over C3 and C4.
    Hey usycool , how did you do mate ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    luckily it didnt as I got a high B on it!! got an overall A as well so im into my firm! how did u do?
    My chemistry grade is very appalling! I missed my firm but they offered me another course which was similar to my firm
    Was meant to do Biomedical Science but now I think I'm going for Healthcare science..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talents)
    I'm so confused. In my Psychology I apparently only got an E for both the tests yet got a Mark of 48 for both of them, according to the grade boundaries I should of got a B. Can someone help?
    the mark shows ur 'ums' points, not raw marks. so 48 was an E in the ums column of the grade boundaries, not the raw marks

ReputationRep:
    how can i find out my raw marks from the ocr grade boundaries page? please help! thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu_1995)
    how can i find out my raw marks from the ocr grade boundaries page? please help! thank you!
    You can download their converter ,right?
    Raw-UMS converter..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKingOfTSR)
    You can download their converter ,right?
    Raw-UMS converter..
    OCR don't have one

ReputationRep:
    What is the total amount of ums you can get at the end of A2? for aqa science

ReputationRep:
    Just seen I missed out on an A* in Maths by 2 UMS. I feel sick and it's not worth pursuing because I got into uni regardless SOB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danatlive)
    Just seen I missed out on an A* in Maths by 2 UMS. I feel sick and it's not worth pursuing because I got into uni regardless SOB
    I feel your pain! 1 UMS off an A* in English lit Only non-A*! But paying £40 for a remark is ridiculous, and others would think I'm being ridiculous! But I got my place

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I just got my results I do OCR Biology and received a total of 503 UMS, I wanted to know the ums for an A*?. At AS level i achieved a total of 260 UMS and at A2 i acheived 243 UMS. would i get an A* if i were to retake one my biology practicals again.

What if I were to retake both my AS and A2 practicals to get a total of 540 UMS? will that be an A* or Is it specifically just the A2 UMS I need to get up to 270 (90%)

ReputationRep:
    You nee to get 270 at A2 for the A* aslong as you get over 480/600 (which you do)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (AS)

I cannot make any sense of the AQA Grade Boundaries: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2013.PDF

The 'Maximum Scaled Mark' surely cannot be the maximum mark attainable as I have exceeded this figure in some of my examinations. I only wanted to see how far into the 'A' boundary I was, and now I am pretty confused.

Can anybody enlighten me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amytaylorrr)
    (AS)

I cannot make any sense of the AQA Grade Boundaries: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2013.PDF

The 'Maximum Scaled Mark' surely cannot be the maximum mark attainable as I have exceeded this figure in some of my exam
    Re: AS HELP! What to drop?!! Urgent!!inations. I only wanted to see how far into the 'A' boundary I was, and now I am pretty confused.

Can anybody enlighten me?
    The maximum scaled mark is the maximum number of raw marks obtainable in a paper. Eg my ECON 2 paper was out of 75 marks, so maximum scaled mark is 75, but my results slip said 90/100. That's because I got 90 UMS in this exam after it went through the Uniform Mark Scheme
    You'll notice I chose ECON 2 and not 1 because I did so much worse in unit 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    The maximum scaled mark is the maximum number of raw marks obtainable in a paper. Eg my ECON 2 paper was out of 75 marks, so maximum scaled mark is 75, but my results slip said 90/100. That's because I got 90 UMS in this exam after it went through the Uniform Mark Scheme
    You'll notice I chose ECON 2 and not 1 because I did so much worse in unit 1

So how do I find out my raw mark? Is there not a way to convert UMS back to the actual mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amytaylorrr)
    So how do I find out my raw mark? Is there not a way to convert UMS back to the actual mark?
    AQA has a converter. If you go on it and select "convert multiple marks" you get a table which shows all possible raw and UMS marks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    Hello, can any one plzzzzzz visit my thread and give advise as it would be really beneficial and I am in need of it http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2436495 Thank you!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.