Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone hope you all get the choices you want! I'm sure we'll all make fab teachers!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deja Vu)
    If even then. UCAS - God bless them - will probably manage to stuff it up somehow... I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't in a usable state until the weekend and beyond...

Especially as a search 5 minutes ago still showed that a lot of my prospective choices aren't on there, slightly worrying! Even if the courses do not open today - the 21st - the UCAS site has always said we'd be able to "search and apply" from the 21st... I always took that to mean they'd all be on there on the 21st, even just as a search result that can't be applied to until later on when they open. Now I am wondering if they will only show up when the applications for that particular course/uni... grrr. Not sure if I am making sense I just thought that the search part would be fully functional with all courses listed from the 21st, even if they weren't open yet......... Now unless all the unis are waking up early in the morning and getting them up there by mid-afternoon, I am thinking they won't show up unless they're open.

Ah well.

I am supposed to be working at 10:30am in the morning until about 10:30pm tomorrow night. So the only time I will really be able to apply is if it is live first thing in the morning, or at 10pm tomorrow night! Neither are ideal, but I am so excited..... I just wanna apply!

I feel like I have been waiting for years (to be fair, I am almost 23 - I kinda have) just to be able to apply. I really want a place, obviously - but applying is part of the fun. To get to this stage is a great achievement for me. Hopefully fingers crossed I will get a place but if not, I am going to try my best to enjoy the entire process... it has been a weird journey to get to this stage so I am just happy to get here. /xfactor sob story

Good luck everyone! I am setting my alarm for 7am regardless.... I know I have more chance of having sex with Jesus than it being live at 7am but hey ho! It's all part of the fun!

Good luck everyone! xxx

(Woops just realised I already said that. Too excited to remove it.... think these tablets are having a weird effect on me!)
    You've made me laugh on this terrifying day so thank you! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar1234)
    Good luck everyone hope you all get the choices you want! I'm sure we'll all make fab teachers!!!
    Aw bless you thank you, and you! x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone..... my personal statement is only 1 line over in the personal statement checker, but says it is 54 lines in word.

Both are including blank lines.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Applications have opened everyone!! Just checked now good luck

ReputationRep:
    Here's the link

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/teacher-training

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone link me to where the information about the different providers is so I can get the right course codes? I can't find it anywhere!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok. What do we put in 'Main Degree Subjects'? We don't have to put all of our modules, surely? Just the subjects eg English, History and Education for me?

ReputationRep:
    Those little question mark help things arent working

ReputationRep:
    No worries, think I got it!

ReputationRep:
    Derby have two codes for Primary (not including 7-11). Anyone applying there know which is the 5-11 route?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Derby have two codes for Primary (not including 7-11). Anyone applying there know which is the 5-11 route?
    One is probably salaried.

My PS is 5 lines over! That PS checker someone posted earlier didnt bloody work!

ReputationRep:
    The application form is a nightmare. Not enough characters for my degree title. I can't use punctuation - my school was named St. Mary's - quite funny when you consider one of the elements we need to become a teacher is good grammar. But anyway.... as a previous posted asked. Do we need to put all of modules down?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for secondary maths, do you think I'll be at a massive disadvantage applying 3 weeks late?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm perplexed by the module list too - the amount of spaces given indicates that we need to put them all down. There's way too many spaces for just a few subjects. So I think I;ll put them all down. Those question mark things not helping is great!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay im so confused about modular/non-modular....what the hell am i supposed to put down? (for the course provider bit)
    Its for IOE if that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Descartes93)
    Okay im so confused about modular/non-modular....what the hell am i supposed to put down? (for the course provider bit)
    Its for IOE if that helps
    It automatically changed to non-modular when I selected full-time so I'm assuming modular is part-time... I hope!

ReputationRep:
    Another stupid question. I don't have my GCSE science, but the providers are happy with this just as long as I obtain before I start the course. However, the form has a tick box yes or no. As I obviously don't have it, I have to tick 'no' will my application be rejected straight away?!

ReputationRep:
    Omg on word my p.s is 53 lines, yet on UCAS im 20 lines UNDER?!

ReputationRep:
    P.S: Can someone keep me updated as to how you're filling in the degree subjects bit, cos I'm listing all my modules with credits, just want to check that's what others are doing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.