Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Fans of FL clubs everywhere should watch this:

Bring back our club!

ReputationRep:
    As a Luton fan I can understand that, the FA and FL still fail to support lower league clubs. However, it's also not fair that Luton were deducted 30 points in a season and Pompey and Sky Blues only 10 in one season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gghjk)
    As a Luton fan I can understand that, the FA and FL still fail to support lower league clubs. However, it's also not fair that Luton were deducted 30 points in a season and Pompey and Sky Blues only 10 in one season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Our administration was quite different in that it was not down to the club being in financial difficulty but actually an attempt by the owners to hold onto the club (which succeeded).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watford now sign Juan Carlos Paredes, Ecuadorian right-back, on a 5-year deal... Some very good transfer business done so far by the club!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Blackpool team today: Trialist, Waddington, Trialist, Perkins, McMahon (C), Dunne, Zenjov, Trialist, Trialist, Grant, Trialist.

Apparently they have 8 registered players and their manager is about to resign already, 3 weeks before the season starts. What the hell? Makes the likes of Coventry, Leeds & Portsmouth seem well run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Blackpool team today: Trialist, Waddington, Trialist, Perkins, McMahon (C), Dunne, Zenjov, Trialist, Trialist, Grant, Trialist.

Apparently they have 8 registered players and their manager is about to resign already, 3 weeks before the season starts. What the hell? Makes the likes of Coventry, Leeds & Portsmouth seem well run.
    Its not right, surely there's no way the FL can allow this. Completely unfair, exploitig a serious loophole. Ruining modern football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Its not right, surely there's no way the FL can allow this. Completely unfair, exploitig a serious loophole. Ruining modern football.
    By fielding triallists in a friendly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midlander)
    By fielding triallists in a friendly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's being sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He's being sarcastic.
    I gathered that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Either way, if Blackpool stay up it'll be a miracle. They were crap last year with a full squad. The Oystons are awful owners, and the only amusing part is the flak Karl Oyston's teenage son gets on Twitter because of his dad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Either way, if Blackpool stay up it'll be a miracle. They were crap last year with a full squad. The Oystons are awful owners, and the only amusing part is the flak Karl Oyston's teenage son gets on Twitter because of his dad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How is that amusing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Gateshead fan new to the forums. Had a great season under Gary Mills last year, ending at Wembley but couldn't beat Cambridge to get promotion to the League. Looking good this year so far, brought back Jon Shaw who scored 35 goals in 50 games in 11/12 for us, JJ O'Donnell from Luton who featured heavily in the promotion campaign, as well as big target man Michael Rankine, Lewis Guy, Tom Allan, Alex Rodman and Andrai Jones. We're a mad bunch, not the biggest crowds but we're trying really hard to boost the numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamjmilburn)
    I'm a Gateshead fan new to the forums. Had a great season under Gary Mills last year, ending at Wembley but couldn't beat Cambridge to get promotion to the League. Looking good this year so far, brought back Jon Shaw who scored 35 goals in 50 games in 11/12 for us, JJ O'Donnell from Luton who featured heavily in the promotion campaign, as well as big target man Michael Rankine, Lewis Guy, Tom Allan, Alex Rodman and Andrai Jones. We're a mad bunch, not the biggest crowds but we're trying really hard to boost the numbers.
    That the same Gary Mills who was a coach at Cov over a decade ago? Small world.

ReputationRep:
    That the same Gary Mills who was a coach at Cov over a decade ago? Small world.
    Yeah, that's the one. Did a great job at York in 2012 winning the Conference play-off final and FA Trophy in the same week, and is doing miracles here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamjmilburn)
    Yeah, that's the one. Did a great job at York in 2012 winning the Conference play-off final and FA Trophy in the same week, and is doing miracles here.
    All I know about the club is from its YouTube match videos with people shouting Heed Army. Great chant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All I know about the club is from its YouTube match videos with people shouting Heed Army. Great chant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I guess we're the only club in the country with one repetitive chant...

ReputationRep:
    How is that amusing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe I said that wrong. I in no way find kids getting abuse hilarious, but he doesn't seem a nice chap himself and brings it upon himself with some of the things he says towards any Blackpool fans who complain about the Oystons.

ReputationRep:
    I believe I said that wrong. I in no way find kids getting abuse hilarious, but he doesn't seem a nice chap himself and brings it upon himself with some of the things he says towards any Blackpool fans who complain about the Oystons.
    It's the same with anyone attached to SISU so I understand why but at the end of the day he probably thinks he's sticking up for his family. Social media seems to be best avoided in the football world anyway, seems we're just getting more stories like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Leicester have a bid of £6.5m rejected for Troy Deeney, Watford have an enquiry rejected for Leicester's Andy King. Interesting, £6.5m is a joke though when you look at other transfers this summer...

ReputationRep:
    Leicester have a bid of £6.5m rejected for Troy Deeney, Watford have an enquiry rejected for Leicester's Andy King. Interesting, £6.5m is a joke though when you look at other transfers this summer...
    Cheeky part exchange?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.