Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would Oxford consider AAB as AS results in English Language AICT and mathematics respectively for PPL ( psy&linguistics)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa-Marie1995)
    I hope to get A* A* A A in Dutch, French, Spanish, German at A2 level .
    European and Middle Eastern languages: French and Hebrew
    I'm still deciding between St Hilda's and Magdalen,
    Is anyone else applying for Hebrew?
    Ahh! I'm applying for French and Hebrew too! I thought I was the only one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can Oxford students use all the JCR's in different colleges?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBall)
    My TSA scores are above the median at the moment but will practice some more. At GCSE I was below the median as i only got 7A*s (3A's, 2B's + 1 A in AS Business Studies). However my school didn't have a great performance at GCSE

How much would I be affected by my A* count? And is the TSA relatively more important than GCSE's ceteris paribus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    7A*s and a TSA score above the median looks competitive to us. In your shoes, we would apply. Good luck if you decide to have a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    I'm considering Worcester but it looks quite far out of town
    It's also one of the closer ones to the Mathematical Institute. ( Somerville and St Anne's being the closest.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnesium)
    Hi,

Do you happen to know the average MAT score of prospective applicants and/or interviewees for maths?

Thankyou!
    See http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/study-here...dmissions-test

Gavin

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! You seem to be a wonderful source of college-related knowledge, and I'm wondering if any of you can give me opinions on Hertford? I am planning to apply for Harris Manchester or Hertford, but I can't decide which I prefer. I like the idea of a small college with other mature students, but equally, Hertford has a lot of appeal, too. Can anyone offer me opinions? I'd be really grateful x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivoryfall)
    Hey guys! You seem to be a wonderful source of college-related knowledge, and I'm wondering if any of you can give me opinions on Hertford? I am planning to apply for Harris Manchester or Hertford, but I can't decide which I prefer. I like the idea of a small college with other mature students, but equally, Hertford has a lot of appeal, too. Can anyone offer me opinions? I'd be really grateful x
    I visited Hertford at the open day and it seemed a very nice college, friendly atmosphere, stunning architecture, and it is quite "central" (which doesn't really apply to Oxford where the farthest thing is like 10/20 minutes walk but still).
    Hope this can help a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    It's also one of the closer ones to the Mathematical Institute. ( Somerville and St Anne's being the closest.)
    Worcester is well placed for most things in Oxford undergraduates are likely to want to access.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LamantChenille)
    Ahh! I'm applying for French and Hebrew too! I thought I was the only one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, it's nice to know that there's someone who's interested in the same course . What made you want to apply for that combination? (I've never met anyone who wanted to study both languages )

What's your main interest in Hebrew?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omni Vanitas)
    Ha, that statement would be true if you included yourself and left me out
    pfft, oh stop it you XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly5798)
    pfft, oh stop it you XD
    No!

ReputationRep:
    I got AAAB at AS, with the B in biology :no:. I was 5 Ums off an A, worth remarking? That's about 3 marks, I'll get all 3 papers remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry if something like this has been asked before, but could a good performance at AS and GCSE make up for a less good/poor LNAT score?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, will hopefully apply this year.

GCSE: 7A*'s 3A's 2Bs
    AS Level: AAAAB (remarking chemistry)
    A2 Prediction: A*A*A*A + A in AS Further Maths
    Course: E&M
    College: Undecided

I took Maths, Economics, Physics, Business Studies and Chemistry respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSE grades: 6A*s 3As B and I have an A* in a GCSE Short Course
    AS levels: History A Politics A English Literature A Philosophy B
    Course: History
    College: Lincoln or Balliol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applying for Biological Sciences in October?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 9A*'s 2A's
    AS Level: AAAC
    A2 Level Subjects: Biology, Maths, Psychology. Most people seem to be doing four (?!?), but no way am I continuing with Chemistry!
    Course: Biomedical Sciences
    College: I like the look of Balliol, New College, and Magdalen.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Law at either Hertford, Balliol, Teddy Hall or Magdalene.

GCSES: 5A*s, 4As, 2Bs, 3Cs (Mitigating circumstances at comprehensive but ranked forth in Year)
    AS Levels: Government and Politics: A(93%) I've just been informed that I have the highest grade in the year!!
    Religious Studies: A (84%) I also got the highest in the year!!
    General Studies: A (86%) It may not count but still proud!!
    History: B (78%) Grade pending as I am in the process of getting it remarked!!
    English Literature: D undoubtedly the shock of the day. My coursework was an A, it was my exam that let me down. I'll be dropping it anyway and I don't think I'll resit as it'll be motivation not to get too arrogant next year.

A2 Predicted grades: So far they're looking like A*A*A but with any luck I could change that to A*A*A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer11)
    I got AAAB at AS, with the B in biology :no:. I was 5 Ums off an A, worth remarking? That's about 3 marks, I'll get all 3 papers remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're in the same boat as me. I got AAAB with the B in English Literature and 5 UMS from an A. I've requested a remark despite my teacher's concerns that it is highly unlikely to change or increase. It's certainly worth a shot and I don't see the harm in doing so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.