Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I got told by HR tonight that it is just the app and then interview, no test, however I'm yet to submit my application so can't say if what she said is true or not.
    HR doesn't lie.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think the BAT is worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssimplyme)
    Do you guys think the BAT is worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    RBC seem to be asking for a lot for just a single day experience. Not sure if it's really worth the time I spend on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    RBC seem to be asking for a lot for just a single day experience. Not sure if it's really worth the time I spend on it.
    They also have a telephone interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That doesn't surprise me in the slightest, at least with HSBC if you get in then you're fast tracked for a summer internship straight away. I can understand why they're asking for 5 competency questions but might give up on RBC if it takes too long as the whole experience doesn't seem as valuable as others out there.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys applied to most places yet? Is it bad that I haven't sent a single application off? University is super busy at this time of year
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    Have you guys applied to most places yet? Is it bad that I haven't sent a single application off? University is super busy at this time of year
    I've only sent 2 applications off, got tests next week so will have to wait until after them for all my other ones. It's pretty hard to find time for them with everything else going on.

ReputationRep:
    I havent sent any off yet either. Although I have 2 cover letters practically finished, so I will be sending them off hopefully before the end of the week.

I've actually been trying to hold back a little bit because I've been going to a lot of events which have given me some huge tips for the CV and cover letter. Also I wanted to find out if I got the first year rep position in one of the finance related societies (which I did) so now thats another impressive addition to my CV which I would not have otherwise been able to put on there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the same boat.

There are firms coming in to talk to us and look over CVs etc too, so I'm waiting for the events to pass

ReputationRep:
    And so reading week commences, I really hope I'm not in the same situation as I'm in now at the end of the week. I am very confident that I will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selym95)
    And so reading week commences, I really hope I'm not in the same situation as I'm in now at the end of the week. I am very confident that I will be
    in terms of number of apps or just general procrastinating

how the hell has your started already?! so many lecs tomorrow and Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    I havent sent any off yet either. Although I have 2 cover letters practically finished, so I will be sending them off hopefully before the end of the week.

I've actually been trying to hold back a little bit because I've been going to a lot of events which have given me some huge tips for the CV and cover letter. Also I wanted to find out if I got the first year rep position in one of the finance related societies (which I did) so now thats another impressive addition to my CV which I would not have otherwise been able to put on there.
    cs and nomura are reviewing apps now so you may be at the back of the line for those two, but not for any others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    will youre an absolute god, when I have time on the weekend I will respond to you

ReputationRep:
    How long are CS taking to respond to people? Sat the tests on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Sat the tests 2 weeks ago for CS

And one month ago for DB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    cs and nomura are reviewing apps now so you may be at the back of the line for those two, but not for any others
    I'm aware that I'm applying fairly late compared to a lot of people but I feel like if I applied any earlier it would be instant rejections because I honestly feel like I wasn't ready to apply until now.

ReputationRep:
    Are you meant to put one week work experiences you did after GCSEs in Employment History?
    (I'm currently doing the HSBC application btw)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DXG)
    Are you meant to put one week work experiences you did after GCSEs in Employment History?
    (I'm currently doing the HSBC application btw)
    Thanks
    Nah, you meant to put the M&A deals you've accomplished.

Put whatever you think will support your application, yes including that multi-billion dollar leveraged aquisition you executed the other week.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Nah, you meant to put the M&A deals you've accomplished.

Put whatever you think will support your application, yes including that multi-billion dollar leveraged aquisition you executed the other week.
    Answers like this aren't needed, he was only asking a simple question and all that was needed was a helpful response.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.