Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Not personally but it depends on who you're being interviewed by. You should be prepared to defend anything you've put on it though.

Yeah that should put you in good stead for the interview. How are your debating skills? You'll need to be able to defend your viewpoint quickly if you make a bold claim on a macro question.

I wouldn't say that the maths is very hard, so make sure you can do the simple stuff as well as the difficult stuff.

And it depends largely on who's interviewing you and how they're feeling. It's more likely to be on economic policy than those niche (in relative terms) markets.
    Ok cool.

I'm trying to complete C3, C4, S1, S2, FP1 quite quickly. What would you say is most likely to come up out of those?

I'm going to revise AS Econ again as I seem to have forgotten a fair amount!

Sorry for these questions, I just have absolutely no idea what type of questions I will be asked so I'm left revising everything. I've nearly filled around 9 folders on various economic policies used around the world..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Ok cool.

I'm trying to complete C3, C4, S1, S2, FP1 quite quickly. What would you say is most likely to come up out of those?

I'm going to revise AS Econ again as I seem to have forgotten a fair amount!

Sorry for these questions, I just have absolutely no idea what type of questions I will be asked so I'm left revising everything. I've nearly filled around 9 folders on various economic policies used around the world..
    I think you're going a bit overboard haha

And I have no idea, I don't have a crystal ball. FP1 seems unlikely and I'm tempted to say maths is more important than stats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmelinelu)
    Gcses 9a*s 1a
    As:
    Maths 287/300
    F maths 272/300
    Econ 187/200
    Physics 267/300
    Biology 270/300
    You?
    Some awesome grades!!
    Gcses: 9a* and 2a
    As Level:
    Maths 300/300
    further maths 277/300
    econ 192/200
    history 188/200
    I hope we hear about interviews soon, have you done much to prepare? I've done hardly anything haha

ReputationRep:
    Next week will be LSE Friday I guess
    At least that's what their admissions calendar says
    Whos expecting a response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDothraki)
    Next week will be LSE Friday I guess
    At least that's what their admissions calendar says
    Whos expecting a response?
    What do you mean by LSE Friday? I havent heard back from LSE in a long time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If lse gave me an offer next Friday I probably wouldn't go to a Cambridge interview haha

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Bristol for AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ablocky19)
    Got an offer from Bristol for AAB
    Congrats! is it for straight econ? Also when did you send off your application and what are your stats? (sorry for bombarding you with qs)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Congrats! is it for straight econ? Also when did you send off your application and what are your stats? (sorry for bombarding you with qs)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem ,
    Straight L100, sent off my application on the 15th october but I'm not applying to Oxbridge.
    Gcse - 5A* including maths and eng lang, 4A, 1B.
    AS Levels - Maths A, Economics A, History A, Physics D
    Predicted A*A*A in History, Economics & Maths.
    Got offers from Nottingham, Exeter & Manchester, still waiting on Edinburgh.
    How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from notts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No problem ,
    Straight L100, sent off my application on the 15th october but I'm not applying to Oxbridge.
    Gcse - 5A* including maths and eng lang, 4A, 1B.
    AS Levels - Maths A, Economics A, History A, Physics D
    Predicted A*A*A in History, Economics & Maths.
    Got offers from Nottingham, Exeter & Manchester, still waiting on Edinburgh.
    How about yourself?
    I applied on the 15th too, really want an offer from bristol
    I've applied to lse, ucl, Cambridge, Warwick and bristol
    Congrats on all the offers, you must be chuffed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    I applied on the 15th too, really want an offer from bristol
    I've applied to lse, ucl, Cambridge, Warwick and bristol
    Congrats on all the offers, you must be chuffed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes thank you, I am. How did you do at AS? Have you had any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got offer from Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Yes thank you, I am. How did you do at AS? Have you had any offers?
    I got 4 A's in biology, chemistry, maths and economics
    I have received an unofficial offer from UCL just have to attend the open day first

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, new to the forum. I achieved an A* in a level maths in y12 with UMS of 481 (yep 2 off a b :P)and am predicted an A in a2 further maths. Also predicted A* in both economics and history. my application will be submitted next week and was wondering whether my maths UMS is too low for the likes of lse in particular and ucl or would the A* justify my ability? I'm also applying to Bristol, Bath and Southampton (got an a* in economics related EPQ). Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that contextual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    Is that contextual
    AAB offer for Bristol Economics is contexual

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think that York is well regarded for economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexwilson97)
    Hi everyone, new to the forum. I achieved an A* in a level maths in y12 with UMS of 481 (yep 2 off a b :P)and am predicted an A in a2 further maths. Also predicted A* in both economics and history. my application will be submitted next week and was wondering whether my maths UMS is too low for the likes of lse in particular and ucl or would the A* justify my ability? I'm also applying to Bristol, Bath and Southampton (got an a* in economics related EPQ). Thanks
    I'd say lse may be a stretch purely because they ask for ums so I presume they're expecting it to be high, not sure about ucl though, the other 3 you will definitely be fine with

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.