Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    I think you have to have applied to the uni, been interviewed then rejected, they won't give places out without interview
    Yeahhh that's what they said to my friend so she's going to take a gap year now... but its quite contradictory by the universities to be honest as if you get a post-interview rejection, you're not allowed to reapply there again next year! (This is for imperial and ucl especially)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueberry13)
    Yeahhh that's what they said to my friend so she's going to take a gap year now... but its quite contradictory by the universities to be honest as if you get a post-interview rejection, you're not allowed to reapply there again next year! (This is for imperial and ucl especially)
    I doubt think imperial feel the need to involve themselves in adjustment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    I doubt think imperial feel the need to involve themselves in adjustment
    Hahaha yeahh I agree; they would have enough capable applicants anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkittlesXX)
    Ohh wow that's amazing! Because basically, my sixth form has not predicted me well, but looking at my ums, I can still get 2A* and 2A's (I am doing 4 subjects) in my A2's, so I was hoping that when I have my real results in hand I will be able to still get a place without taking a gap year...
    Yeah its worth a try, work hard for your A2s and then try calling up some unis. Like Futuremedic said above me, it is very rare, but not impossible so its worth a try

ReputationRep:
    I WANNA GO IMPERIAL SOOO BADLY AAARRGH

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Zahra~)
    I WANNA GO IMPERIAL SOOO BADLY AAARRGH

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please come!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    Please come!!
    I have my interview on Tuesday so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Zahra~)
    I have my interview on Tuesday so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    let me know how it goes, and once you get the offer, we can celebrate!

ReputationRep:
    People, anyone still not heard after interview the 13th? Are you more likely to get rejected if you hear later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looolik)
    People, anyone still not heard after interview the 13th? Are you more likely to get rejected if you hear later?
    I don't think so. E.g. I heard exactly 2 weeks after my interview date and got an offer (as did a bunch of people from the 6th, from what I understand).

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the chance of getting an offer post-interview ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sergue)
    Anyone know the chance of getting an offer post-interview ?
    About 66% over the last three years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diseasedneckbeard)
    About 66% over the last three years.
    Thanks Any advice for the interview? Do imperial ask about BMAT essay?

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looolik)
    I haven't heard back yet after an interview on the 13th, there's no way of telling why we didn't hear at the same time as the others, hope I hear by Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiadaniels96)
    I haven't heard back yet after an interview on the 13th, there's no way of telling why we didn't hear at the same time as the others, hope I hear by Tuesday
    Same here. I had mine on the 13th and still haven't heard anything. If I don't hear on Tuesday then that will be worrying!

ReputationRep:
    For those yet to have interviews, I may see you and good luck

Panels are very nice people, don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    They don't ask about the BMAT essay.

With regards to the interview:

Don't over-prepare. Knowledge about the GMC etc. may come in handy but I wouldn't put too much emphasis on it.

Know your PS and be able to elaborate on what you've written in there.

It's very important not to name-drop concepts that you have little knowledge about just to sound flashy. First of all, the interviewers may ask you further questions on the subject, in which case you could be screwed. Secondly, if you're completely comfortable with what you're talking about, you will be more confident.

Finally, remember that most interviewees get an offer and so, as long as you don't have a panic attack during the interview, you have a very high chance of getting an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah defo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.