Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Pascal. Hmmm. Thats veeery french.

Yh, my school doesn't offer eng lang. I'd probably do better at that and yeah, i'm dreading biology - there's always a lot to REMEMBER and i have a ridiculously selective and short term memory. Ack.
    I don't mind memorizing things for Biology, I just can't get my head around things for chemistry Can't believe I got a B in the chemistry exam though I love English all together, but I hate poetry so I thought I'd be better at creative writing. Got an A* on that coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    I don't mind memorizing things for Biology, I just can't get my head around things for chemistry Can't believe I got a B in the chemistry exam though I love English all together, but I hate poetry so I thought I'd be better at creative writing. Got an A* on that coursework
    Oh well done for chemistry and english!! Yeah, I prefer creative writing to poetry but my teacher says my poems are better :confused:it's frustrating as I put more effort into the creative writing. ah well.
    Chemistry is ok for me - once i get it that is! My teacher is really good - explains it well. He's ill at the moment tho
    Hate memorising and cramming stuff into my brain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its_Tito)
    Ah sorry about that ;( oohh well done A*s in everything apart from Spanish and I would be happy with an A in Drama because the written part is soooo hard :') but yeah, aim high how about you?
    I want A* in everything apart from lang, lit, art, french and additional maths(max is A) so I've got 2/8 of the A*'s I want so far and I'm looking for an A* on EPQ for 70 Ucas points. Unsure about philosophy AS, I'm only taking if I can guarantee and A

ReputationRep:
    Oh well done for chemistry and english!! Yeah, I prefer creative writing to poetry but my teacher says my poems are better :confused:it's frustrating as I put more effort into the creative writing. ah well.
    Chemistry is ok for me - once i get it that is! My teacher is really good - explains it well. He's ill at the moment tho
    Hate memorising and cramming stuff into my brain
    You done Chem ISA yet? I'm doing my paper 1 of the ISA tomorrow xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vd12345)
    You done Chem ISA yet? I'm doing my paper 1 of the ISA tomorrow xD
    What is ISA??? Sorry I have no idea I'm doing iGCSE so maybe its different : have to do a 2 hour paper and a 1h 30 paper ( I think) and that's it.

Good luck anyways!

ReputationRep:
    What is ISA??? Sorry I have no idea I'm doing iGCSE so maybe its different : have to do a 2 hour paper and a 1h 30 paper ( I think) and that's it.

Good luck anyways!
    Its worth 25% of total Gcse its a CA
    And can you do me a favour? Make a thread in GCSE section called 'Sixth form and A level discussion' and quote me it won't let me make threads today on my phone idk why o_O

ReputationRep:
    I want A* in everything apart from lang, lit, art, french and additional maths(max is A) so I've got 2/8 of the A*'s I want so far and I'm looking for an A* on EPQ for 70 Ucas points. Unsure about philosophy AS, I'm only taking if I can guarantee and A
    I think, at GCSE level, most things are easy enough to get the A* if you just revise and sometimes just memories text....but things like Spanish/other languages which aren't just about memorising but how you present yourself, and also art/drama which are very much how the examiner interprets your work can be hard to get the A* in....

And English is just difficult so whatever >.<

ReputationRep:
    Its worth 25% of total Gcse its a CA
    And can you do me a favour? Make a thread in GCSE section called 'Sixth form and A level discussion' and quote me it won't let me make threads today on my phone idk why o_O
    oh it is? that makes sense. and i'll try - never made a thread before

ReputationRep:
    oh it is? that makes sense. and i'll try - never made a thread before
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think, at GCSE level, most things are easy enough to get the A* if you just revise and sometimes just memories text....but things like Spanish/other languages which aren't just about memorising but how you present yourself, and also art/drama which are very much how the examiner interprets your work can be hard to get the A* in....

And English is just difficult so whatever >.<
    True say xD I don't need A* eng, art or french anyways

ReputationRep:
    True say xD I don't need A* eng, art or french anyways
    Exactly an A is really good, and even a B in some cases :')

ReputationRep:
    Exactly an A is really good, and even a B in some cases :')
    When ya sleeping today? XD just wondering

ReputationRep:
    When ya sleeping today? XD just wondering
    No idea, still have to watch an hour long show on my laptop and some youtube so I'll go to bed at about 11-12, then I've got another show I want to watch on my phone which is an hour, then I'll probably find some other stuff to do, solve my cubes and we'll aim for 2ish :')

Haha, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    No idea, still have to watch an hour long show on my laptop and some youtube so I'll go to bed at about 11-12, then I've got another show I want to watch on my phone which is an hour, then I'll probably find some other stuff to do, solve my cubes and we'll aim for 2ish :')

Haha, how about you?
    Been in bed for bout 15 mins, just gonna browse the web for a bit and social media.. I'd say just before 12? Gotta get up at 6:30 so yhh... Only been getting up that early since monday, and I'm already dying.

ReputationRep:
    Been in bed for bout 15 mins, just gonna browse the web for a bit and social media.. I'd say just before 12? Gotta get up at 6:30 so yhh... Only been getting up that early since monday, and I'm already dying.
    Early mornings suck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    Early mornings suck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh I know right? I'm not really a morning person

ReputationRep:
    Fell asleep around 3....oops :') and been awake for an hour >.<

ReputationRep:
    Yh I know right? I'm not really a morning person
    Neither am I. I just love my bed waaay too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe some of you guys go to bed after 12 on a school night. I would die of exhaustion! I go to bed at around 22:30ish and I'm always tired, don't know how you guys can function on such little sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    Neither am I. I just love my bed waaay too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ikr I went to be at 10.20 fell asleep at 1

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.