Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of shapes we need to know the areas and volumes of? I'm not sure which shapes they give the formulae for in the exam and which they don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bendak)
    Does anyone have a list of shapes we need to know the areas and volumes of? I'm not sure which shapes they give the formulae for in the exam and which they don't.
    trapezium.......****ed me over on a paper

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me why what I have done is wrong? I don't understand - it seems logically right in my head.

It's question 8(b) on the June 2013 C4 paper.

(Apart from the missing square on the 6)

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434372449.703392.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  113.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Can someone tell me why what I have done is wrong? I don't understand - it seems logically right in my head.

It's question 8(b) on the June 2013 C4 paper.

(Apart from the missing square on the 6)

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434372449.703392.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  113.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well the =36 suddenly disappeared on the line when you /9. You did it all correct, except it should be 225-36, which is 189, then divided by 9 you get 21, meaning the answer is lamda = -3 or -7

Oh no I see, you did do the cancelling correctly. I got an equation same as yours excep =36.. I'm unsure how you got to that stage if I'm honest..

ReputationRep:
    Boys, can we get a question asking to integrate cosx^3?

cheeeers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobabob)

cheeeers
    Doubt it.
    But cos3x=4cos^3(x)-3cosx so u can do it this way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Recognition
    integral of a^xlna is a^x so integral of a^x is a^x/lna

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did you actually learn this? As I've never seen it in my book, makes me worried there'll me more stuff like this theyll give us that I will have just never seen before haha

Also why does the integral of a^xlna = a^x ?

ReputationRep:
    Can they ask you for the volume of revolution around the y axis and if so how do you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobabob)

cheeeers
    watch this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu4D7gk8jFU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    Are you sure they would accept Weierstrauss substitution? I doubt its in the syllabus.
    Yeah, as long as the examiner isn't an invalid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egg1)
    Where did you actually learn this? As I've never seen it in my book, makes me worried there'll me more stuff like this theyll give us that I will have just never seen before haha

Express a^x in terms of e, use log laws, differentiate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeisscared)
    Can they ask you for the volume of revolution around the y axis and if so how do you do it?
    no. the method any way is \displaystyle\int^y_y x^2\ dy

ReputationRep:
    nah their syllabus forbids them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egg1)

The idea has come up before.
    eg 2x differentiates to 2xln2.
    that means if i am integrating (going the other way) 2x the answer must be something to do with 2x . It is just a matter of sorting out the constant.
    So integrate 2x ln2 becomes 2x
    therefore integrating 2x becomes 2x/ln2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    no. the method any way is \displaystyle\int^y_y x^2\ dy
    That makes sense doesn't it, ok cool thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely ******. What should I focus on? I can do binomial, partial fractions, and basic integration, and a lot of vectors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boro12345)
    I am absolutely ******. What should I focus on? I can do binomial, partial fractions, and basic integration, and a lot of vectors.
    Differential equations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any tips guys I've done all the real papers and all the Solomon and most IYGB but I feel like I've lost touch with c4. What can I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That makes sense doesn't it, ok cool thanks
    yep, and then for parametrics make your  \frac{dy}{dt} dt substitution and rewrite limits in terms of  t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boro12345)
    The big marks will be in solving differential equations using integration probably. Try revising that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.