Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

American Football Talk II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I did not need that Flacco! You're breaking my accumulator!

Andre Ellington is very injured too. No contact and a really wonky looking fall.

ReputationRep:
    All around the NFL this rings true today...

Name:  YGAP6.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  104.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Well if week 1 of the NFL is anything to go by I am going to hate this season for every reason imaginable.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I have never been more emotionally drained after watching a game of football. Wow. The running game couldn't get started really until that mammoth clock draining drive, Peyton had a pick six, then Talib gets a pick-six.

So topsy-turvy. I thought that the defense made a great play at the end , but then there's a flag, now they have a fresh set of downs in the endzone with Joe Flacco but after a ball comes off Steve Smith's facecage (HOLY MEMORIES OF RAHIM MOORE AND TOREY SMITH, BATMAN), then Joe Flacco's been picked off in the endzone to seal the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Well if week 1 of the NFL is anything to go by I am going to hate this season for every reason imaginable.
    I think the Jags would be fine. The defense as very good, as expected.

They showed a lot more than I think could have reasonably been expected against a playoff team. The margins between success and failure in the NFL are absolutely minuscule. Ultimately, it is about executing with consistency. I may have been harsh on your rookie kicker, but that's the sort of thing that football games are won and lost on. Pick sixes suck when they effectively seal a loss, but there's a lot of rust to be knocked off in week one. Yes there's preseason, but the intensity notches up another level, and most of the veterans play more snaps in week one than the entire preseason.

There has to be some patience especially as the Jags install a new offense, and install new players. The line is the glaring issue, and while it is sad about Luke Joeckel (I think he was about to take a big step forward), the Jags have to take the positives. Yeldon started slow, but he's clearly the best RB on the roster and gives the Jags the best chance of winning.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't believe we're winning this game. This has to be the NFL equivalent of 'sitting back and then hitting them on the break' if I've ever seen it

ReputationRep:
    Pacman Jones proved that he's nothing more than a thug. Absolutely disgraceful. Helmets are solid af and what he did was rip off Amari Cooper's helmet and slam the back of his head on it.

How he avoided being ejected with the officials around him is one thing. His explanation of it as 'being an in the moment thing' is frankly, ridiculous. It's a bush league move.

ReputationRep:
    I'm done. I'm so ****ing done...

ReputationRep:
    The **** just happened

ReputationRep:
    Woke up, cowboys victory by one point. Low scoring D though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just caught up with highlights.

Damn Dez is injured, broken bones in foot ffs.

Buy with drives like that one at the end with no timeouts and no Dez we're looking good to win without him.

Witten was on the damn ball.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Deep breaths....

Its going to be okay, its going to be okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Just caught up with highlights.

Damn Dez is injured, broken bones in foot ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*******s.

I know DT, week 1 just sucked in general though. Apart from the Hawks and Colts all the ****ty teams I dislike won. There were flags everywhere and I don't like them either. Manning got a delay of game! The ex-#1 QB in the league couldn't get the ball snapped on time; pre-snap penalties were a legitimate theme. I know it tends to clean up after week 1 and we're unlikely to see another triple fumble or Elway/McCown helicopter spin because those are all very week 1 plays. Special teams too, space the field and make the tackle. There was at least 4 ST TD's, I can't and won't account for those possibilities again unless you're Philadelphia Eagles or St Louis Rams. I like special teams TDs don't get me wrong but do your job NFL versions of Jeff Reinbold and then do your job perennial roster bubble candidates.

ReputationRep:
    *******s.

I know DT, week 1 just sucked in general though. Apart from the Hawks and Colts all the ****ty teams I dislike won. There were flags everywhere and I don't like them either. Manning got a delay of game! The ex-#1 QB in the league couldn't get the ball snapped on time; pre-snap penalties were a legitimate theme. I know it tends to clean up after week 1 and we're unlikely to see another triple fumble or Elway/McCown helicopter spin because those are all very week 1 plays. Special teams too, space the field and make the tackle. There was at least 4 ST TD's, I can't and won't account for those possibilities again unless you're Philadelphia Eagles or St Louis Rams. I like special teams TDs don't get me wrong but do your job NFL versions of Jeff Reinbold and then do your job perennial roster bubble candidates.

Pick-Sixes were a theme as well. Defenses sure came up big...

ReputationRep:
    Wow. So Rashad Jennings was told to not score, by Eli Manning. Not necessarily a bad thing on first and second down, but on third down at the one, Eli has to take a sack and have the Cowboys drive 95+ yards to win, or they have to run the ball even if it means that they turn the ball over on downs. A TD wins the game for the Giants, and would have been as useful as the FG, considering the resulting kickoff.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/14/93...hlin-tony-romo

ReputationRep:
    Eli said that he didn't realise a declined penalty stopped the clock so he assumed Dallas had used their last time out. Big mistake.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Lol

Cole Beasley gets no love. Kid can ball.

ReputationRep:
    Love the flowchart.

Big cowboys v eagles divisional rivalry game this Sunday night on sky live at 9:30. I'm away with work but will hopefully be back at hotel by then. Hopefully the bat will be showing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After spending most of the week reading how Peyton is done, I'm half way through the condensed version of the game and barring a couple of narrow misses on low percentage balls, and one bad miss on the roll out, he looked mostly the same IMO. The Ravens defence seriously balled out, Peyton still moved the ball on them fairly well with no help from the running game. I think the physical side of things will improve as they iron out the new offense.

With that said, I don't really understand what the hell they're doing in Denver. Clearly you're in a win-now situation with Peyton maybe in his last year, and a relatively ageing team all round. So their solution is to get Kubiak and give Peyton his first offense after running the same one since his last years at Indy. They have a great quick-hitting gap scheme runner in CJ Anderson so their solution to that is to lean on the outside zone. Both of these things will take a while to get up to full speed with, so why on earth would you do that with the clock ticking on Peyton? I just don't get it. Kubiak has a great offense, but it doesn't seem to suit the situation at all. When is the last time a team installing a new offense won a Super Bowl.

Also Peyton clearly can't roll out effectively.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.