Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (X) watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    "According to our initial information, around 30 adults, most of them herders, and 50 young girls and boys aged between 10 and 15 years were abducted,"
    http://news.sky.com/story/1410275/bo...en-in-cameroon

Its sad these things happen, whats worse is that people support them.

ReputationRep:
    Ibn Umar reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The keys of the unseen are five and none knows them but Allah: no one knows what is in the womb but Allah...
    I'm surprised this particular miracle or statement is still taken seriously when nowadays, ultrasound can very easily determine the sex of a child long before it's born.
    I saw this being quoted on our dark twin's society. Time to 'debunk'.

The hadith of Ibn Umar is related to Quran [31:34]:

Indeed, Allah [alone] has knowledge of the Hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted

Those who lack knowledge, or the ability to do a google search, claim that "what is in the wombs" refers to gender. It does not. It refers to a multitude of characteristics, Muslims have believed this for hundreds of years. Concerning the womb part of the verse, Ibn Kathir says:

No one but He knows what is in the wombs of what He wants to create, but when He decrees whether it is to be male or female, and whether it is to be blessed or doomed, the angels who are entrusted with that know about it, as do those among His creation whom He wills should know.
    Ibn Kathir lived 700 years ago. Ultrasound wasn't invented at that time; we can conclude Ibn Kathir isn't making up apologia in response to it.

What does the angel learn from Allah?We also have the following hadith:
    Volume 8, Book 77, Number 594:
    Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Allah puts an angel in charge of the uterus and the angel says, 'O Lord, (it is) semen! O Lord, (it is now ) a clot! O Lord, (it is now) a piece of flesh.' And then, if Allah wishes to complete its creation, the angel asks, 'O Lord, (will it be) a male or a female? A wretched (an evil doer) or a blessed (doer of good)? How much will his provisions be? What will his age be?' So all that is written while the creature is still in the mother's womb."
    Some people should really think twice before quoting from the Isoc in an effort to look intelligent. The hadith is talking about what is in the womb; the person as a whole, not just the gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hijr)

Those who lack knowledge, or the ability to do a google search, claim that "what is in the wombs" refers to gender. It does not. It refers to a multitude of characteristics, Muslims have believed this for hundreds of years. Concerning the womb part of the verse, Ibn Kathir says:

Ibn Kathir lived 700 years ago. Ultrasound wasn't invented at that time; we can conclude Ibn Kathir isn't making up apologia in response to it.

Some people should really think twice before quoting from the Isoc in an effort to look intelligent. The hadith is talking about what is in the womb; the person as a whole, not just the gender.
    Thank you. Rather interesting. Those watch dogs love doing that so ignore them lol.

ReputationRep:
    SubhanAllah, sheikh ul-Islan Ibn Taymiyah may Allah be pleased with him, when he was in prison, he would make dawah and teach Islam - win people's heart in the process. So much so that when the other prisoners were to be released, they prefered to remain in prison with him lol. SubhanAllah.
    May Allah grant him the firdaus. Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hijr)

Spot on akhi, you picked the trick well. It's like each time they bring something new, the imaan does nothing but increase in strength. SubhaanAllah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Spot on akhi, you picked the trick well. It's like each time they bring something new, the imaan does nothing but increase in strength. SubhaanAllah.

Edit: Nevermind lol sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    No harm done.

Lol. Sarcasm in text is hard.
    :yy: thanks

yeah very hard lol but you're good at it Jeff :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Why is surah yaseen considered the heart of the Quran? Like what is different about it? ( I don't intend on sounding arrogant or anything like that...it's a beautiful surah and I'm genuinely curious).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AsalaamuAlaykum

Hope you're all well

Abu Umamah Sudaiy bin `Ajlan Al-Bahili RA reported:
    The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said:
    “Nothing is dearer to Allah than two drops and two marks: A drop of tears shed out of fear of Allah and a drop of blood shed in Allah’s way. Regarding the two marks, they are: Marks left in the Cause of Allah and a mark left in observing one of the obligatory act of worship of Allah, the Exalted.”
    (Tirmidhi)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Why is surah yaseen considered the heart of the Quran? Like what is different about it? ( I don't intend on sounding arrogant or anything like that...it's a beautiful surah and I'm genuinely curious).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    assalamualaikum read the translation, background and you'll see.

(Original post by Mary562)
    AsalaamuAlaykum

Hope you're all well

“Nothing is dearer to Allah than two drops and two marks: A drop of tears shed out of fear of Allah and a drop of blood shed in Allah’s way. Regarding the two marks, they are: Marks left in the Cause of Allah and a mark left in observing one of the obligatory act of worship of Allah, the Exalted.”
    (Tirmidhi)
    Wa'alaykumussalam!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Ahmad Jibril: "If you're going to slander, slander on your parents etcc ( Someone of the like) to elevate their place in jannah." SubhanAllah.
    May Allah grant him the firdaus too. Ameen.

Reminder to check out these diamond lectures:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Fiqh-us Sunnah

Fiqh-us-Sunnah Volume 001, Purification and Prayer, Fiqh 1.129B.

Section : Sunnah acts of prayer, How to Raise the Hands.

Many narrations have been recorded concerning this subject. Many scholars have chosen the following forms: the hands are raised to the shoulders with the fingertips parallel to the button of the ears. Says an-Nawawi, "This is how ash-Shaifi combined the hadith (on this question), and the people found it to be good." It is preferred that one extends the fingers while raising the hands. Abu Hurairah said, "When the Prophet, upon whom be peace, stood for prayer, he would raise his hands (with them being) open." (Related by "the five," except for Ibn Majah.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    AsalaamuAlaykum

Hope you're all well

(Tirmidhi)
    Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah

x
    Good vids sis

ReputationRep:
    Who is your favourite scholar of Islam and why? By scholar I mean the likes of sheikh Fawzan, Uthaymeen, Ibn Taymiyah etc...

ReputationRep:
    Who is your favourite scholar of Islam and why? By scholar I mean the like of sheikh Fawzan, Uthaymeen, Ibn Taymiyah etc...
    That Mufti Menk guy is jokes. Idk if he counts as a scholar, but he's the only guy I trust that he knows what he's on about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    ﴿أَنَّهُ مَن قَتَلَ نَفْساً بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) The Ayah states, whoever kills a soul without justification -- such as in retaliation for murder or for causing mischief on earth -- will be as if he has killed all mankind, because there is no difference between one life and another.

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا﴾

(and if anyone saved a life...) by preventing its blood from being shed and believing in its sanctity, then all people will have been saved from him, so,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) Al-A`mash and others said that Abu Salih said that Abu Hurayrah said, "I entered on `Uthman when he was under siege in his house and said, `I came to give you my support. Now, it is good to fight (defending you) O Leader of the Faithful!' He said, `O Abu Hurayrah! Does it please you that you kill all people, including me' I said, `No.' He said, `If you kill one man, it is as if you killed all people. Therefore, go back with my permission for you to leave. May you receive your reward and be saved from burden.' So I went back and did not fight.''' `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "It is as Allah has stated,

﴿مَن قَتَلَ نَفْساً بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) Saving life in this case occurs by not killing a soul that Allah has forbidden. So this is the meaning of saving the life of all mankind, for whoever forbids killing a soul without justification, the lives of all people will be saved from him.'' Similar was said by Mujahid;

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا﴾

(And if anyone saved a life...) means, he refrains from killing a soul. Al-`Awfi reported that Ibn `Abbas said that Allah's statement,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he killed all mankind. .) means, "Whoever kills one soul that Allah has forbidden killing, is just like he who kills all mankind.'' Sa`id bin Jubayr said, "He who allows himself to shed the blood of a Muslim, is like he who allows shedding the blood of all people. He who forbids shedding the blood of one Muslim, is like he who forbids shedding the blood of all people.'' In addition, Ibn Jurayj said that Al-A`raj said that Mujahid commented on the Ayah,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he killed all mankind,) "He who kills a believing soul intentionally, Allah makes the Fire of Hell his abode, He will become angry with him, and curse him, and has prepared a tremendous punishment for him, equal to if he had killed all people, his punishment will still be the same.'' Ibn Jurayj said that Mujahid said that the Ayah,

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾
    (and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) means, "He who does not kill anyone, then the lives of people are safe from him.''

[Tafseer Ibn Kathir]
    Not debating. Just pointing out that you have quoted Ibn Kathir out of context. You forgot to mention his explanation of the next verse where he specifies those who may be killed with "justification".

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.