Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggit)
    I have an offer of AAB from St Andrews but A*A*AA from Imperial!! My cousin is at St Andrews and loves it but like you say, it is very small. Good luck whatever you decide
    Well done!!! I'm still to hear back from St Andrews :/ but I have an unconditional to Edinburgh which would be my second choice after Durham so it doesn't really matter I guess! Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    To those applying for physics, have you heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melissafrat)
    Has anyone got an offer for BA/BSc Geography yet?!
    My friend got 1 months ago but I'm not sure which one for, how are your AS grades & UMS?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Liberal Arts (French, Spanish, Classics & Ancient History & Philosophy)
    GCSEs: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAB
    A Levels: A* A* A* (French, Spanish, Maths A2s) & A (AS R.S)

Hate the waiting and constant checking of emails, have many people that have applied for Liberal Arts heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ha2420)
    My friend got 1 months ago but I'm not sure which one for, how are your AS grades & UMS?
    Congratulations to them!! Thank you for letting me know ☺️

I've actually done A2s already and I'm on a gap year. Last year, I missed my offer to study Geog at Durham by a mark in one of my exams , and I didn't want to go to my second choice, so I've reapplied this year! I'm also retaking one exam. My A-level grades are A*ABB ☺️

Last year I heard around mid-Febuary so I'm still nervously waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crozzer24)
    Anybody heard anything from Durham about economics? Sent my ucas off early November and still heard nothing
    Applied for ppe on 1st Dec. Still haven't heard, frightening wait. Have you gotten a response by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for Law last night, thrilled because Durham is my first choice 🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulation!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! When did you submit you ucas and sit your LNAT if you don't mind me asking? ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olax98)
    Heya! My application to Durham for Ancient History has been sent off on 17th November, and offer received on 14th January
    Hey ah okay thanks. Good luck with meeting the offer, I'm sure you will get it is it your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viscratama)
    Hey, anybody got an offer for archaeology yet? I applied January 13th, but they processed my transcripts (I'm an international student) on the 18th. Kinda losing it here.
    hi, I'm still waiting for a reply, applied 7th January so don't worry you're not alone 😁

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who applied for maths heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieranoo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A friend of mine got an offer about 2 weeks ago, but I know 3-4 others who havnt heard anything yet. Hang in there haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations! Just out of interest what time did you receive your offer? I've been working under the assumption that offers will come Monday- Friday between 9-6.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to them!! Thank you for letting me know ☺️

I've actually done A2s already and I'm on a gap year. Last year, I missed my offer to study Geog at Durham by a mark in one of my exams , and I didn't want to go to my second choice, so I've reapplied this year! I'm also retaking one exam. My A-level grades are A*ABB ☺️

Last year I heard around mid-Febuary so I'm still nervously waiting...
    Goodness! Exact same boat as you, missed A*AA by 3 marks and reapplied, for Ppe though, let me know if you hear back! I applied on the 1st of decemeber this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AunAb)
    Goodness! Exact same boat as you, missed A*AA by 3 marks and reapplied, for Ppe though, let me know if you hear back! I applied on the 1st of decemeber this year.
    God, you don't know how glad I am to know that there's someone else who knows what it's like!
    I wish you every success with your application!!!! You've got in once; what's stopping you from getting in again?! ☺️

ReputationRep:
    God, you don't know how glad I am to know that there's someone else who knows what it's like!
    I wish you every success with your application!!!! You've got in once; what's stopping you from getting in again?! ☺️
    Indeed! I emailed them specifically about what I was going to do, they said I'd be given equal consideration! Plus I know many people who are in Durham right now who have done what we are doing too! Hope that comforts you as well! But nevertheless, can't help but being extremely nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AunAb)
    Indeed! I emailed them specifically about what I was going to do, they said I'd be given equal consideration! Plus I know many people who are in Durham right now who have done what we are doing too! Hope that comforts you as well! But nevertheless, can't help but being extremely nervous.
    Yes, before I applied again, I asked them whether I'd be at a disadvantage of any sort, but they said that I would be considered equally!
    That is comforting, thank you. It is nerve-wracking, but don't let it stress you out!

Which college did you apply to at Durham? And what other unis?!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, before I applied again, I asked them whether I'd be at a disadvantage of any sort, but they said that I would be considered equally!
    That is comforting, thank you. It is nerve-wracking, but don't let it stress you out!

Which college did you apply to at Durham? And what other unis?!
    I went for Hild Bede. I have to hear from UCL and St. Andrews as well. Didn't get into LSE or Warwick , but Durham has been my first choice throughout. I figured that if I had to take a year out I'd apply to competitive universities, not sure if I'm happy with that decision now!

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieranoo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got my offer for maths on 13th Jan, but 3 guys I know are still waiting on Maths at Durham so don't worry!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.