Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    Mohammed Ali Jinnah was not a hero
    Neither was Gandhi. I don't get why India has to be partitioned, just make it a big secular state as it is now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miguapa)
    Neither was Gandhi. I don't get why India has to be partitioned, just make it a big secular state as it is now.

So much injustice happened at that time, it's unreal.
    If things had gone differently, I can't begin to imagine the power "India" would've had now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miguapa)
    I heard that Gandhi was racist against black people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    The idea was to wind people up... Mission accomplished.

If I actually thought that I would have backed it up in the first post

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You didn't wind me up. I just wanted to show that there's no logical reason for actually thinking that, because many people do claim to think that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostwanderer)
    Higher education should be free
    do you even understand what controversial means?

ReputationRep:
    1) Facism had more good idea's than bad ones. Sadly the biggest ones such as racism are the only aspects people remember these days.

2) Everyone should serve in the military and be willing to kill or be killed for their nation to get the vote.

3) Politicians should not be paid, banned from working, although should be supported in a manner that allows them to live comfortably.

4) Democracy is not automatically a good thing, democracies have many negatives that warrant a new partially democratic system being created.

5) Being obese should be illegal.

6) Our military should be stronger

7) People are too unwilling these days for our country to go to war

8) The nation forms a type of Symbiosis with it's citizens. The state should serve the people and the people should serve the state.

9) All education should be free

10) Benefits should be much stricter, although we do still need reserve labour.

-The UK should become a Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy with 12 Federal States, each with their own Federal Assembly.
    -The House of Commons should be elected by PR
    -Defence spending should be reduced to 1.2% GDP (from 2.3%) and armed forces should focus on defending UK borders and providing humanitarian aid. The UK should leave NATO.
    -The UK should become a permanently neutral country (like Austria, Switzerland, Sweden).

ReputationRep:
    It should be compulsory for immigrants to learn English before they can get a job here
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Blazar)
    You didn't wind me up. I just wanted to show that there's no logical reason for actually thinking that, because many people do claim to think that.
    Which is why I used that one. It's so stupid a thing that people actually think it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by somegirlcalledea)
    It should be compulsory for immigrants to learn English before they can get a job here
    :yep: same for workers in any country IMO, ever worker should know the native language - makes things easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    white privilege is a actual thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somegirlcalledea)
    No, that's a terrible idea. The best way to learn a language is the process of immersion i.e. surrounding yourself with native speakers using the language in a everyday way.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    No, that's a terrible idea. The best way to learn a language is the process of immersion i.e. surrounding yourself with native speakers using the language in a everyday way.
    Yeah, but you should at least learn a chunk of it. Rather than look like a buffoon cause you don't understand they're saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :yep: same for workers in any country IMO, ever worker should know the native language - makes things easier
    It isn't really necessary for English-speakers (especially if the country's in Europe), considering how many there are in foreign countries.

ReputationRep:

white girls smh
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    It isn't really necessary for English-speakers (especially if the country's in Europe), considering how many there are in foreign countries.
    But it would be respectful in that case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but you should at least learn a chunk of it. Rather than look like a buffoon cause you don't understand they're saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it's a dumb authoritarian idea. Also quite funny that we British people would be so keen to force people to learn English or another language when we are the worst country in Europe for being monolingual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    No, it's a dumb authoritarian idea. Also quite funny that we British people would be so keen to force people to learn English or another language when we are the worst country in Europe for being monolingual.
    I think thats an individual thing, and that if you have no intention to work/live in a different country you shouldn't be forced to learn another language. However I agree that if you were to live in a different country it is polite and respectful to learn the language, hence why I expect immigrants to learn English before getting a job here!

ReputationRep:
    black people who hate whites are no better than those who hate them. they just add more fuel to the fire... they should really get lobotomised...

ReputationRep:
    But it would be respectful in that case.
    I'm not going to learn an entire language (or even a large chunk of it) just to be respectful. Basic introductions, and the question "Do you speak English?" are enough

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.