Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    A few years? m8
    Sorry man, you know I had to

ReputationRep:
    Mert had Benteke in his pocket at both ends of the pitch. The boy went quiet on the big stage. No where near worth £30M.

We saw Wenger at his best today. I've been waiting to see him be more ruthless with the squad, I didn't think he'd start Theo over Giroud. We need to tie down Theo really. He always turns up for the big games very important player for us now

ReputationRep:
    http://gyazo.com/a3cf916cc833bca16006a45a01bbd966

Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Mert had Benteke in his pocket at both ends of the pitch. The boy went quiet on the big stage. No where near worth £30M.

We saw Wenger at his best today. I've been waiting to see him be more ruthless with the squad, I didn't think he'd start Theo over Giroud. We need to tie down Theo really. He always turns up for the big games very important player for us now
    Agree wrt Theo. Just CANNOT fathom how people still refuse to rate him even after today's performance (****ing lol at the idea that he was the worst player on the pitch) yet did way more than Ramsey, who has been overrated to death this season.

leinad2012 Remember when I told you Benteke was **** and should be no where near Arsenal ffs..

ReputationRep:
    TBF, Theo was probably our worst player on the pitch today. Consistently offside and kept messing up Ramsey's runs, not to mention bottling numerous chances. Yes, he scored, and yes, I love Walnut head, but he was our worst on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    TBF, Theo was probably our worst player on the pitch today. Consistently offside and kept messing up Ramsey's runs, not to mention bottling numerous chances. Yes, he scored, and yes, I love Walnut head, but he was our worst on the pitch.
    Just his presence forces teams back though and we saw how him playing instead of Giroud can lead to interchanging of positions from the front three.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Just his presence forces teams back though and we saw how him playing instead of Giroud can lead to interchanging of positions from the front three.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not saying he was bad, I'm saying he was our worst player. Considering we won 4-0, the two ideas aren't mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey was far worse than Theo today, guy is way too over rated man.

MOTM for me was Mertesacker. I.E the one player all yous ****ged off all season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

MOTM for me would be Coquelin. Blocked everything and no-one noticed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying he was bad, I'm saying he was our worst player. Considering we won 4-0, the two ideas aren't mutually exclusive.
    Fair enough. Hope he can just stay injury free, whenever he looks like reaching that next level he gets injured. Would have entertained the possibility of a swap with sterling since I didn't think wenger fancied Walcott anymore but he clearly does. Contract runs out next year I think so hopefully Theo will sign da ting:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I just get a rough percentage of how many Arsenal fans think Ramsey is over rated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Ramsey gets played out of position regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Of course we ****ged him off all season, he's been **** for majority. He's improved of late, today particularly so credit where it's due however it doesn't discredit the validity of previous criticism though.

ReputationRep:
    Mert seems to lose the plot for us when his buddy Koscielny isn't beside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    MOTM for me would be Coquelin. Blocked everything and no-one noticed.
    Tbh it's really hard to name a player because all of them performed today. There isn't a single player I want to single out. Mertesacker stood out for me because we were just way too organised to let anything through for Villa, especially considering how much of a threat Benteke was thought to be. Although a good game by Coquelin, I'd say the foul near the end let him down

I can't remember an actual shot on goal from Villa

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Of course we ****ged him off all season, he's been **** for majority. He's improved of late, today particularly so credit where it's due however it doesn't discredit the validity of previous criticism though.
    Was more so just the start of the season when we were missing Koscielny. Second half he's actually been a solid defender whilst people are saying we should be replacing him

(Original post by jam277)
    Ramsey gets played out of position regularly.
    That doesn't mean his performances on the pitch can't be over rated..

I could say that it's unfair on Theo because he's getting criticised when he's hardly starting games, or playing the last 15 minutes of them

ReputationRep:
    Also credit to Chesney, guy has to put up with a lot of stick but he nullified those crosses well by coming out for them and punching or catching. I'm sure he can rediscover the form that helped him win the golden glove.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Walcott was **** today, guy needs to learn to time his runs. It's no coincidence Özil looked so good with a player capable of stretching defences, shows how good you could be with a competent pacy frontman. Jokes how you'll start next season with Giroud. Can see Ramsey leaving if Wenger gonna continue his love in with Wilshere and Cazorla in CM, would take him in a flash.

ReputationRep:
    Shez is actually much more focused when his place in the team is under threat.

Its when he gets too comfortable that frightens the **** out of me. Still reckon we need a GK though.

If Theo is to be used in the middle then we need a RW. If he'll play RW then we need another striker.

ReputationRep:
    What a performance.

WE....ARE....ARSENAL!!!!

Can't wait for next season, as long as we have a good transfer period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Agree wrt Theo. Just CANNOT fathom how people still refuse to rate him even after today's performance (****ing lol at the idea that he was the worst player on the pitch) yet did way more than Ramsey, who has been overrated to death this season.

leinad2012 Remember when I told you Benteke was **** and should be no where near Arsenal ffs..
    Judging a player on one game is a bit silly tbf, he's definitely a £20mil striker who'll score us 20 goals a season easily. If you have **** like cleverly behind you what do you expect not exactly ozil cazorla and ramsey is it? That being said I'm not entirely sure we need a striker, if we keep playing walcott up top then I'd rather a proper RW to a striker, pedro or milner are good options tbf

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.