Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JamesRobinson97;65552127]Hi this thread is so long and can't find predictions, anybody have a guess on what could come up in:
    Tectonics 7/8/10- causes and characteristics of earthquakes. Comparing 2 seismic events and their impact and nature.
    Conflict 7/8/10- either multicultural societies OR separatism
    World Cities 40marker- retail OR causes and effects of comtemporary urbanisation processes.

ReputationRep:
    World cities and ecosystems 7/8/10 marker predictions?

ReputationRep:
    If an 8 marker on the causes and characteristics of earthquakes came up would you discuss types of waves? Or just the various ways they can be caused and the focus and epicentre etc?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=rhiannon_;65552175]
    (Original post by JamesRobinson97)
    Hi this thread is so long and can't find predictions, anybody have a guess on what could come up in:
    Tectonics 7/8/10- causes and characteristics of earthquakes. Comparing 2 seismic events and their impact and nature.
    Conflict 7/8/10- either multicultural societies OR separatism
    World Cities 40marker- retail OR causes and effects of comtemporary urbanisation processes.
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    what could you rule out for world cities, tectonics and development and globalsiation ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomicmat)
    If an 8 marker on the causes and characteristics of earthquakes came up would you discuss types of waves? Or just the various ways they can be caused and the focus and epicentre etc?
    I think you'd
    Mention what they are so a series of tremors and how they originate
    Where they occur like what plate boundaries and which is more destructive
    About how shallow focus can cause a more destructive earthquake - maybe example comparing two which were different depths of foci
    Then probably mention an example of one and what caused it's formation
    That should be sufficient for an 8 marker I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    I think you'd
    Mention what they are so a series of tremors and how they originate
    Where they occur like what plate boundaries and which is more destructive
    About how shallow focus can cause a more destructive earthquake - maybe example comparing two which were different depths of foci
    Then probably mention an example of one and what caused it's formation
    That should be sufficient for an 8 marker I think
    Thanks. Is it really necessary to give multiple examples for an 8 marker? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomicmat)
    Thanks. Is it really necessary to give multiple examples for an 8 marker? :P
    Don't think so but often the level 3 answers say that they mention supportive material one way or the other & it always enhances an answer if you can credit named places and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Do examiners check your case study info or is a close enough figure accepted?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone planning to revise today? I've written proper notes, highlighted them and then rewrote them slightly more condensed. Not sure what the best thing to do now is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luis Suarez)
    Do examiners check your case study info or is a close enough figure accepted?
    I heard that they don't really - but some would know if it's a popular case study
    I think if it's realistic figures it's fine like not saying only 2 people died in a mag 9 earthquake
    After all they mark so many paper's who's got the time to be googling the facts

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone planning to revise today? I've written proper notes, highlighted them and then rewrote them slightly more condensed. Not sure what the best thing to do now is?
    i was just going to re-read my notes i've been making and my essay plans for the 40 markers
    but i might also condense some notes to quickly skim through in the morning before the exam too

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have predictions for weather and climate?

ReputationRep:
    Just re-writing my some notes and case studies making sure I remember them
    memorise the 40 markers I've prepared

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions for the 25 marker on Weather and Climate. Think it will be my downfall

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna revise volcano case studies, allow it. Impacts and management came up last year. Can't see it coming up again. Also, the Last time there was volcano case studies (2013), earthquakes were in the following paper.

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher reckoned there could be questions on the UK climate. Other likely topics....maybe UHIs?

Climate change and tropical storms are unlikely as they came up last year (thank god!)

ReputationRep:
    Leaked cities 40 marker: Discus the sustainability of retailing and otherservices in urban areas

ReputationRep:
    How to Haiti and Christchurch earthquakes compare, is this just in regard to differences in the capacity to cope for each city?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for what might come up this year? Doing world cities, plate tectonics & weather & climate??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.