Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science10)
    histopathology has only 2!
    And I'm stressing about med phys which has 60 something I think :/ good look to you guys on that stream

ReputationRep:
    You're forgetting that they interviewed three people for every position so everyone who was interviewed has a 1:3 chance regardless of number of places. The odds for everyone who hasn't been unsuccessful up to now have slightly shortened again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagsworth)
    You're forgetting that they interviewed three people for every position so everyone who was interviewed has a 1:3 chance regardless of number of places. The odds for everyone who hasn't been unsuccessful up to now have slightly shortened again.
    Good point.

ReputationRep:
    Still on interview complete for medical physics (only stream I applied for)......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightwing_)
    So is there anyone left that still says interview (booked) or has everyone changed now?
    Mine still says interview booked (cardiac sciences), are you direct entry or inservice applicant?

ReputationRep:
    Interview unsuccessful for cardiac science
    Oh nooo! so sorry to hear that, God willing the other one comes through!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cardiology30)
    Mine still says interview booked (cardiac sciences), are you direct entry or inservice applicant?
    Hey, direct entry. Best of luck with your result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangesandPears)
    Had interview complete, just changed to interview unsuccessful.

Medical Physics, first try

I also was unsuccessful, first try. What are your plans now? I'm not sure what to do..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dids888)
    I also was unsuccessful, first try. What are your plans now? I'm not sure what to do..
    Have you tried to see if there are any job vacancies (Clinical technologist, etc) of interest on the Nhs jobs website?

What kind of thing are you interested on? There are Medical physics/Clinical engineering jobs in the private sector. Also the civil service has some positions of interest. For Physics the posts are mainly with the Ministry of Defense (which I'm not inclined to, but you might be) but there are other vacancies. I've applied for the Patent office, have a look! Good luck, I will probably be thinking about the same on Monday! Remember that it was great to get this far

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else worrying that this year's dreams may come crashing down tomorrow? :P

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else worrying that this year's dreams may come crashing down tomorrow? :P
    Hahah yes, I've kinda enjoyed this weekend not checking my emails and Oriel every 5 minutes! Lets just hope we find out tomorrow and not Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzzzo)
    Hahah yes, I've kinda enjoyed this weekend not checking my emails and Oriel every 5 minutes! Lets just hope we find out tomorrow and not Wednesday
    I think this weekend has been worse because some people have been unsuccessful and now I feel in limbo

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!
    For me it has been a roller coaster.... One minute dreaming the other thinking I messed up and couldn't possibly get through to the next stage, then hope again.... It is such a long process and we invested so much...

I think that the dreaming in it self has it's value though! The neuroscientists here might correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read at some point that most of the same areas of the brain are active when you are day dreaming vs actually experiencing something. So I like to think that dreaming about it has been an experience in itself
    But to be honest, now I just want to know either way... I don't think I can take so much anticipation whilst finishing writing my dissertation and studying for exams!

It's been nice to follow other people's experience here and feeling part of a group going through the same journey. So thank you everyone for sharing, and good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Just me who's been up most of the night having terrifying nightmares about these bloody offers?!

ReputationRep:
    Today is (hopefully) the day guys! Best of luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieleavy7)
    Just me who's been up most of the night having terrifying nightmares about these bloody offers?!
    aww not nightmares but I did stay up past midnight an refreshed Oriel a few times just in case they had a script to release results at midnight lol And refreshing Oriel and coming here was certainly the first things i did this morning despite my children's plea :"Mum, I want cereals!"

Hopefully we will know soon

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I feel about as nervous as I did waiting before the interview! I hope they don't keep us waiting long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -judi-)
    Ahh I feel about as nervous as I did waiting before the interview! I hope they don't keep us waiting long!
    Think I'm worse now! Not sure my nerves will be able to take it if it's 5pm Wednesday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -judi-)
    I agree, but on the other hand, at least I'm still in the running at the moment, so that is kind of a positive!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I feel sick! Going to have to turn off email notifications for this thread, every time I get an email it's terrifying!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.