Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tvvv3)
    What did people say for which cell spent longest dividing?
    i put Q

What was the answer to why Cell R spent more time than Cell Q in S phase? (or the other letters, i forgot)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tvvv3)
    What did people say for which cell spent longest dividing?
    I think I put Q. I put R at first but R never started dividing in the first place so im not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhavik-)
    I said this.
    I put the range as 30-40 because at 30 time is still decreasing but at 40 time started to increase so it could've been that the optimum was just below or above 35 degrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    What was the answer for the question that asked for the proof that it was resistant before meeting the penicillin or something like that
    The population already expressed resistance before being exposed to penicillin because when it did come into contact with the penicillin the population of the resistant colonies increased - since it didn't get smaller, they were all resistant to begin with since none of the bacteria in the colony died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desouza123)
    I think I put Q. I put R at first but R never started dividing in the first place so im not sure
    same, another silly question from OCR!

ReputationRep:
    What about the smooth muscle question? Expiration passive process ?

ReputationRep:
    what did you put when describing R?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    smooth muscle? What?

ReputationRep:
    I think the grade boundaries for this should be fairly low? Weird wording and little content examined makes me think that even the more straightforward-looking questions may be misleading and a lot of marks will be lost this way, as in the specimens. It's just so difficult to know what they want, and nothing like the old spec in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was bare confused cause originally I put the one that had 0 but then changed to one that said 16, cause the one that said 0 never actually started dividing?? I thought this was sneaky by ocr. Almost a trick question

ReputationRep:
    Smooth muscle constricts diameter of trachea, blocks flow of air to and from alveoli. Less oxygen in and Less c02 out which reduces ventilation.
    For the passive process one it was it doesnt require any energy, whereas inspiration is an active process and requires energy

When the smooth muscle contracts the airways constrict, and therefore a lower volume of air goes to the alveoli? I think?
    Passive because it doesn't require ATP (although My own answer was completely wrong because i forgot that's what passive meant and thought it was talking about something similar to passive immunity lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    smooth muscle? What?
    The airway constricts when exposed to allergens meaning that there is a smaller cross section and therefore the rate of inhalation/exhalation is lower; so overall lung function is reduced but lung capacities are unaffected.

The other one regarding it being a passive process is because the relaxing of the diaphragm and external intercostal muscles does not require energy and nor does the elastic recoil of the alveoli.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoubleDoors)
    The airway constricts when exposed to allergens meaning that there is a smaller cross section and therefore the rate of inhalation/exhalation is lower; so overall lung function is reduced but lung capacities are unaffected.

The other one regarding it being a passive process is because the relaxing of the diaphragm and external intercostal muscles does not require energy and nor does the elastic recoil of the alveoli.
    Oh yeah I remember that Q

ReputationRep:
    Cant believe I got the 1st question wrong, feel so stupid

ReputationRep:
    Was there a question asking about white tile? ****!

ReputationRep:
    1) What did people get for that enzyme 6 marker?

2) Would around 55 be an A? (relative to previous years)

ReputationRep:
    Cant believe I got the 1st question wrong, feel so stupid
    I put B at first, don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0nkey Thunder)
    1) What did people get for that enzyme 6 marker?

2) Would around 55 be an A? (relative to previous years)
    I think lower for an A tbh, in the past for f212 it was like barely ever more than 70% and this test was weird

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.