Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deltasierra27)
    100% competency for both questions.
    Topmannnnnn... STAR ting then yeah?

ReputationRep:
    Just completed the Barclays business insight 1 and was given an invite to the video interview stage straight away, I thought there was a business insight 2 section, or does the video interview incorporate this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewiskh97)
    Just completed the Barclays business insight 1 and was given an invite to the video interview stage straight away, I thought there was a business insight 2 section, or does the video interview incorporate this?
    Wow, they're not wasting any time again this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWScandic)
    Is anyone aware if HSBC accepts SA applications from final years/graduate students in IBD?
    If you're a final year, you must apply for the graduate scheme at HSBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    Is it basically a SJT?

I'm always suspicious when they say it is untimed. I once did an EY app and did their ridiculously boring SJT over a period of an entire day. I thought I smashed it, but got rejected based solely on that, perhaps they realised I spent 8 hours on it? They probably thought I had reading difficulties or something.
    I went and picked up my sister in the middle of my test (didn't realise how many questions there would be) so completed it in 3x the recommended time and passed to next stage.

I do think these sort of tests are untimed, but I reckon the pass mark is probably a bit higher compared to a standard numerical test

ReputationRep:
    Despite it being really lengthy, I do respect Barclays for not throwing the same cheap aptitude tests to filter candidates but instead offering feedback and a fair application process

ReputationRep:
    Is BAML open? Had to reset password but they wont send me the link -____-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAX)
    Is BAML open? Had to reset password but they wont send me the link -____-
    nah bruh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    They don't

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They 100% do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by athrowaway)
    They 100% do
    Source?

Someone in LevFin said it's a no go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They 100% do
    I have an email from HR saying the exact opposite. Unless you are doing an MSc, you cannot apply as a final year. Are you absolutely sure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Source?

Someone in LevFin said it's a no go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Half the interns there where grads/masters students... as with all other banks, as long as you say you're doing a masters (or a second/third masters in some cases) then you'll be fine. I've yet to hear of a bank condition their offer on proof of you actually doing a masters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    I have an email from HR saying the exact opposite. Unless you are doing an MSc, you cannot apply as a final year. Are you absolutely sure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i know someone studying for an MSc, who interned in one of their industry groups this summer

ReputationRep:

Half the interns there where grads/masters students... as with all other banks, as long as you say you're doing a masters (or a second/third masters in some cases) then you'll be fine. I've yet to hear of a bank condition their offer on proof of you actually doing a masters
    Deutsche email to me. Last line there.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, if they're doing a masters it makes sense. Loads of europeans in 2+ year masters programmes around from what I've heard.

Fair enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Video interview for barc oi oi hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Yeah pretty much - video interviews suck balls but that's just me

ReputationRep:
    That barclays assessment thing took the actual piss, way longer than 35 mins loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)

Yeah pretty much - video interviews suck balls but that's just me

ReputationRep:
    For Barclays do you put down all your GCSEs or just Maths/English?

Also, any tips on the assessment/ what to expect?

Thanks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.