Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
ggap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
you can't prove any sort of theory with such a small sample size.
And if you want to continue with your theories, make your own bloody thread.
lol. fine, fine. but can i just say that this is actually a relatively big sample size in comparison to those used to prove other more important theories. For example, some may claim that the Labour party is the most popular party, and the polls used to support this may consist of as few as 1000 people. This figure apparently represents the entire country.
Cerulean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be fair, having read the thread it's full of speculaton and friday/monday theory anyway :dontknow:
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by ggap)
lol. fine, fine. but can i just say that this is actually a relatively big sample size in comparison to those used to prove other more important theories. For example, some may claim that the Labour party is the most popular party, and the polls used to support this may consist of as few as 1000 people. This figure apparently represents the entire country.
see my edit....
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cerulean)
To be fair, having read the thread it's full of speculaton and friday/monday theory anyway :dontknow:
Thats precisely the reason i can't stand anymore speculation/theories, EVERY theory we've had up till now has been wrong....It makes much more sense to Wait a bit and then try and find a pattern! Im all for patterns, but you can't find the formula to the sequence if you have U1 and nothing else!
Rearadmiral
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just received an email saying that my ucas status changed; I was so scared that i'd received an LSE rejection, since i'd applied as early as Sep 15 and hadn't been placed in the gathered pool. But thankfully, it turned out to be an offer from edinburgh!
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
Thats precisely the reason i can't stand anymore speculation/theories, EVERY theory we've had up till now has been wrong....It makes much more sense to Wait a bit and then try and find a pattern! Im all for patterns, but you can't find the formula to the sequence if you have U1 and nothing else!
yea ure right
being an economist's basic theory is to find mathematical modules and patterns and predict the outcome.
maybe LSE's reli looking at us LOL
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok. im going to compile a list. All post a-level candidates should PM me as to whether or not they got the e-mail. That way we don't clog up this thread.
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sorry for asking this amar, but have you got a feedback from UCL?
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
sorry for asking this amar, but have you got a feedback from UCL?
I have yet to email, them, i tried phoning them, kept getting bounced around and nver got through. no surprises there!:rolleyes:
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've just got back home; looks like I missed out on a frenzy of wild speculation. No decision yet, so fingers crossed.

I'm really sorry for the people who were unsuccessful. Good luck for the other universities that you are waiting to hear from.

I have no theories regarding the pattern of offers / rejections but one thing I can say is that the rate of growth of this thread with respect to time can be modelled by some exponential function. Amar09, would it be more helpful if we PM'd you about our decisions as well - that would save you from having to trawl through pages and pages of this thread.
I_Am_Abbas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rotor)
I'm pre-alevel with bad as level grades and gcses and got the email (dunno if that adds or does anything to your theory)

And I'm NOT being modest they were not exactly LSE standard, at all.
I'm pre-A level with the below grades and got the e-mail.

Just to cast doubt over everything

Commiserations to those affected by rejections today :grouphugs:
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Economist1)
I've just got back home; looks like I missed out on a frenzy of wild speculation. No decision yet, so fingers crossed.

I'm really sorry for the people who were unsuccessful. Good luck for the other universities that you are waiting to hear from.

I have no theories regarding the pattern of offers / rejections but one thing I can say is that the rate of growth of this thread with respect to time can be modelled by some exponential function. Amar09, would it be more helpful if we PM'd you about our decisions as well - that would save you from having to trawl through pages and pages of this thread.
Na its fine, i'll be reading the whole thing anyway:p:

i don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, but there have been a very low number of rejections today. I have some theories, but like i said, i will just wait....
Cerulean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Na its fine, i'll be reading the whole thing anyway:p:

i don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, but there have been a very low number of rejections today. I have some theories, but like i said, i will just wait....
share your theory...or PM?
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cerulean)
share your theory...or PM?
Or theories, for that matter.
JAW4LIFE
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rearadmiral)
I just received an email saying that my ucas status changed; I was so scared that i'd received an LSE rejection, since i'd applied as early as Sep 15 and hadn't been placed in the gathered pool. But thankfully, it turned out to be an offer from edinburgh!
Hey, i applies to Edinburgh as well congrats mate!
When did you send out your application out of curiosity.
amar09
Rep:
?
well its nothing special, just that a low number of rejections indicates that there could be:
1. more rejection days rather than what it was before (one every 2 weeks)
2. The abolishment of "rejection days" altogehter:eek:, and they do what a lot of other unis do, and just take them on a rolling basis

thats why it could be a bad thing. we could be frantically checking UCAS everyday to check if we have been rejected or not.

On a positive note, it could just mean that TSR students are the best (not a possibility a fact and that a lot on non TSR students were rejected today...
alirox
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha.. i did I SUCK!
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by alirox)
haha.. i did I SUCK!
Thats so not what i meant and not true. Its LSE ffs. Sadly, chances are, more people on this thread will be rejected than accepted
dramaminedreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Survived today...
I will wait and see for Friday
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm going to make an outrageous prediction and say we will see some offers early next week.

I still think LSE are making decisions on Fridays and that UCAS are screwing up.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1282)
79.73%
Leave (326)
20.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise