Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 Watch

Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Spookus)
Shall we take it upon ourselves to change it?
I typically wait a day or two to see if there are any objections to my wiki talk page posting before making an edit.
eddymaine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it just confuses me that people complain about reading not having a 'heavy' line up when they have 2 other choices of festivals which cater for the 'heavy' music fans.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by eddymaine)
it just confuses me that people complain about reading not having a 'heavy' line up when they have 2 other choices of festivals which cater for the 'heavy' music fans.
Yeah. As for the people with Megaphones etc., if you don't like that then you should go to Glastonbury (which has a much maturer crowd, one that would be less likely to tolerate such rubbish) or a smaller festival such as Isle of Wight.
Spookus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by eddymaine)
If people advise heavier rock fans to go to download or sonisphere one more time, my head may just explode, people are complaining, rightly or wrongly so, because there has always...ALWAYS been a heavier rock presence at Leeds and Reading, its just been diminishing over recent years, to the point that there is no longer a real heavy day left anymore...
Spookus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The lineup doesn't really cater into wether you decide to go to leeds and Reading anyway because it gets announced only 15minutes before you buy the tickets, if you are already planning to go by that time no lineup announcement is going to change your mind
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The lineup doesn't really cater into wether you decide to go to leeds and Reading anyway because it gets announced only 15minutes before you buy the tickets, if you are already planning to go by that time no lineup announcement is going to change your mind
If that's the case, then you have no license to complain about the lineup. It'd be like me buying a DVD without having read the back cover because I'd heard it was good, then complaining because it was a genre I didn't like.
Spookus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
If that's the case, then you have no license to complain about the lineup. It'd be like me buying a DVD without having read the back cover because I'd heard it was good, then complaining because it was a genre I didn't like.
I wasn't complaining personally, just explaining why some people had a problem with the lineup and the example you used is stupid, my point was that a heavier rock prescence has always been expected at Leeds and Reading and it isnt as prominent, so its like me watching a film that is made by a director who usually makes one kind of film, then being disapointed when this new film I bought isn't the kind of film ive come to expect from them :yep: (FYI ive been to Leeds 3 times)
Spookus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its become expected over the years that the lineup is diverse, and you think people have got no right to be a little angry that a type of music which usually plays a big part is severly under represented at their favourite festival?
Spookus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For instance, if in your favourite TV show, your favourite main character suddenly got relegated to a minor role, wouldn't you be a little disappointed?
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wasn't complaining personally, just explaining why some people had a problem with the lineup and the example you used is stupid, my point was that a heavier rock prescence has always been expected at Leeds and Reading and it isnt as prominent, so its like me watching a film that is made by a director who usually makes one kind of film, then being disapointed when this new film I bought isn't the kind of film ive come to expect from them :yep: (FYI ive been to Leeds 3 times)
I guess so... but it's up to the consumer to make an informed choice and if you're not prepared to decide whether to buy a ticket on the spot depending on the lineup... and of course many people will go regardless, for the "experience".
bella127
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I still have my 06, 07, 08 Leeds wristbands on, as well as TITP 06 and Glasto 08.. soon to be joined by Glasto09 and Leeds09 wristbands too! I'd feel well naked without them, and it's now a permenant reminder wrapped right round my wrist that even when I feel shyte, LOOK, in a few months it will be FESTIVAL TIME AGAIN! Therapy, if you will

Anyway where I'm going with this is that it's not a myth. In 2007 they did give 4 cans of Carling to the first 100 people who went to the warm beer amnesty with an 06 wristband on. Pretty sure they haven't run a similar scheme since though, so it has now descended into the realms of mythicality..
chriscarter3
Report 9 years ago
anyone interested in buying a weekend ticket, say £230?
Maya_beans
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chriscarter3)

get out tout. :rolleyes:
henry365
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chriscarter3)
persistent aren't you?

que insults....
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:sad:

I will get a ticket, legally.
arminvanpite
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll hopefully be working at one of them.
innerpartysystem
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lock Up Stage announced next Tuesday apparently.
Maya_beans
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by innerpartysystem)
Lock Up Stage announced next Tuesday apparently.

Awesome! where did you hear that?
innerpartysystem
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Maya_beans)
Awesome! where did you hear that?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/mikedavies/

Read the very bottom of that.
emmmily
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i cannot stop thinking about leeds fest! im even planning outfits in my head, loser!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.14%
No (204)
72.86%

Watched Threads