Muddy91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xxsaraxx7)
AWESOME ABB how did u get that did u have special circumstances
yes i'm a special boy. or at least my mummy says so. :yep:

(I didn't have special circumstances btw lol)
Muddy91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xxsaraxx7)
AWESOME ABB how did u get that did u have special circumstances
I think its if your interviewers really really like you at interview - i think they give out between 10 and 20 per year (sorry - I hope that didn't sound cocky - I certainly don't mean it to be - just saying what brenda cross said at the pre interview talk thing)

But yeah - I think my interviewers were just crazy - or something... It must've been a clerical error on their part - where they've ended up giving me someones ABB offer, and some poor sods got my rejection... lol
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Looking forward to it guys? ^_^
Masala
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi ! Anyone knows how long they take to convert a conditional offer to an unconditional offer..ie once you have satisfied the necessary conditions & given the required documentation.Tks
The Megatron
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Philosoraptor)
Looking forward to it guys? ^_^
I actually can't wait!!! Is the clubbing scene in London too expensive or are there cheaper places near the uni?
Woody.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aberdeen or UCL, UCL or Aberdeen...
Scherzando225
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Woody.)
Aberdeen!

just kiddin UCL! :yep:
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Masala)
Hi ! Anyone knows how long they take to convert a conditional offer to an unconditional offer..ie once you have satisfied the necessary conditions & given the required documentation.Tks
Not until after A-level results day, even for those who've already got the grades in hand or are grads.
crazy_smurf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Woody.)
Well done on the offers mate!! You deserve em!

I would gently nudge you towards UCL, firstly because of the hospitals - the clinicals at UCL must be the best anywhere - UCH, Royal Free hospital, Great Ormond Street, the Neurology hospital... i doubt any med school could match that. Then there's the intercalating opportunities at UCL, there is so much choice, though I'm not sure what Aberdeen have to offer in terms of that. Then there's the fact that, being in London, it will be so diverse and there will be so much to do.

Of course the things like location and style of course only you will know what you like and what will suit you, but the list of pro's for UCL goes on and on :p:

gosh i sound like a sales rep!
Woody.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by crazy_smurf)
Well done on the offers mate!! You deserve em!

I would gently nudge you towards UCL, firstly because of the hospitals - the clinicals at UCL must be the best anywhere - UCH, Royal Free hospital, Great Ormond Street, the Neurology hospital... i doubt any med school could match that. Then there's the intercalating opportunities at UCL, there is so much choice, though I'm not sure what Aberdeen have to offer in terms of that. Then there's the fact that, being in London, it will be so diverse and there will be so much to do.

Of course the things like location and style of course only you will know what you like and what will suit you, but the list of pro's for UCL goes on and on :p:

gosh i sound like a sales rep!
Thanks a lot, very much appreciate that post (: Something to consider definitely. The prospectus for UCL only really touches on the modules covered in the first few years, do you know anywhere where you can get a better understanding?
j_s_smith
Report 9 years ago
do we need to send in our blood test results with our med form?
xxsaraxx7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Muddy91)
I think its if your interviewers really really like you at interview - i think they give out between 10 and 20 per year (sorry - I hope that didn't sound cocky - I certainly don't mean it to be - just saying what brenda cross said at the pre interview talk thing)

But yeah - I think my interviewers were just crazy - or something... It must've been a clerical error on their part - where they've ended up giving me someones ABB offer, and some poor sods got my rejection... lol
gushh how cocky are u lol just kiddin well have fun at UCL its pretty amazingggg
916-CALL-TURK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Spencer Wells)
Not until after A-level results day, even for those who've already got the grades in hand or are grads.
Spencer, what was this about UCL not taking in enough people last year (I remember someone saying there were only 290 people of a possible 340 places)?
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah they had a small intake as fewer people than normal met their offers/fewer people put UCL as their firm. It's simply a statistical anomaly - in 2002 about 40 extra people met their offers than there were places for and subsequently they were a lot harsher with that year's exams so more were asked to leave when they failed - or so rumour has it.
Philosoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Megatron)
I actually can't wait!!! Is the clubbing scene in London too expensive or are there cheaper places near the uni?
Haha, well I was just out at koko! Ummm,depends - I don' treally have £ issues. What's too expensive?
Muddy91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha, well I was just out at koko! Ummm,depends - I don' treally have £ issues. What's too expensive?
Is roxies (or something) considered a good night out?

Has anyone received anything from UCL since firming them? Also - I really want Ramsay Halls - but you can't specify which halls you'd like to end up in - so does anyone have any advice on making sure you get into Ramsay? I heard you could write a polite note and attach it to the form - but i'm not sure how much bearing they would give this...
Philosoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Has anyone received anything from UCL since firming them? Also - I really want Ramsay Halls - but you can't specify which halls you'd like to end up in - so does anyone have any advice on making sure you get into Ramsay? I heard you could write a polite note and attach it to the form - but i'm not sure how much bearing they would give this...
If by good you mean trashy than yes! :p:
Muddy91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If by good you mean trashy than yes! :p:
I went there after my interview hahaha - If thats trashy then you need to see the clubs up in liverpool haha - I was like ZOMG THIS PLACE IS SICK - and everyone was just went errrr... right? If that place was up in liverpool then it would be one of the best clubs by miles lol
XxCurly-TopxX
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Just had exactly the same problem trying to fill out the form in a way that screamed RAMSAY PLEASE!!! I just said i wanted catered halls, and that the most important thing to me is proximity to UCL. =/ Also mentioned I played guitar as i know they have a music room Hope that works!
Also high five on the UCL, Newcastle combination
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed