Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theciz)
    Just got rejected from Oxford, but that's not my dillemma. A part of me wants to just put Manchester as my firm and Cardiff as my insurance and be done with it. But maybe I should wait for Edinburgh. I mean, atm I like Cardiff more than Edinburgh, but I should maybe wait until I go to open days? Maybe I should be looking at alternative unis (even if it's just for the craic): my original method of finding courses (looking through UCAS site) nearly meant I missed my Manchester course, so you never know!
    I would say wait.
    You got an offer for Spanish at Cardiff...I envy you. We've both applied for language courses at Edinburgh and Cardiff...can I ask why you like Cardiff more at the moment? Seems like a waste not to wait until open days...

Edit: What a *****, forgot to say - sorry to hear about Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiddencat12)
    I know how you feel I would love an offer from lampeter as a birthday/ christmas present.

Uhm... I'm really sorry for asking (maybe it doesn't sound as stupid when you know I'm not from the UK), but where's Lampeter :o: I hope you get an offer soon though and have a happy birthday!

(Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    If they don't reply by, let's say, January 7th, I'll ring them. Until then, happy holidays to everyone :p: (except to Queen's, of course - they can have happy holidays when they give me an offer )
    Yeah, you shouldn't be too impatient, it's probably an inconvenient time of the year to email them :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EbonyG)
    I would say wait.
    You got an offer for Spanish at Cardiff...I envy you. We've both applied for language courses at Edinburgh and Cardiff...can I ask why you like Cardiff more at the moment? Seems like a waste not to wait until open days...

Edit: What a *****, forgot to say - sorry to hear about Oxford
    Nah, never worry about it.

I don't know, maybe it's because Cardiff've actually got back to me lol. It took me around 20 days to get an offer from Cardiff, so don't worry they get back pretty sharpish! I hear so many stories at school about Edinburgh rejecting non-Scottish people for really silly reasons, and I've been very charmed by Cardiff. Still, you're right, should maybe wait until open days (or to see whether I get an offer from Ed. at all! How presumptuous of me!).

Might still have a look around other unis though: can just replace my Queen's offer with somewhere else, and if not it's between Edinburgh and Cardiff for insurance!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if theres a gap over the holidays when no offers are given out, are admissions offices are closed for christmas already? or am i just being hated by all my choices?! xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite interested in this as well.

ReputationRep:
    Well, according to UWE (this is just them mind):

(Original post by UWE)
    Monday 21st December 2009 - Wednesday 23rd December 2009: 0830 - 1700

Thursday 24th December 2009: 0830 - 1200

Friday 25th December 2009 - Friday 1st Jan 2010: University closed

Monday 4th January 2010: 0830 - 1700
    so it seems Christmas-New Year is closed

ReputationRep:
    Just wait, you impatient [edited out]!

ReputationRep:
    It's my birthday...no offers. Damn. Although in the UK there's still some hours of my birthday to go :rolleyes:

You have a birthday soon too?
    Yes on the 28th and Happy Birthday. I think it's just wishful thinking. No more offers till January.

(Original post by la_mariposa)
    Uhm... I'm really sorry for asking (maybe it doesn't sound as stupid when you know I'm not from the UK), but where's Lampeter :o: I hope you get an offer soon though and have a happy birthday!
    Thanks I wouldn't worry Lampeter's in wales and most Uk students have never heard of it either. It's only got 1000 student's so quite small. but if they offer me an unconditional it will be my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theciz)
    Nah, never worry about it.

I don't know, maybe it's because Cardiff've actually got back to me lol. It took me around 20 days to get an offer from Cardiff, so don't worry they get back pretty sharpish! I hear so many stories at school about Edinburgh rejecting non-Scottish people for really silly reasons, and I've been very charmed by Cardiff. Still, you're right, should maybe wait until open days (or to see whether I get an offer from Ed. at all! How presumptuous of me!).

Might still have a look around other unis though: can just replace my Queen's offer with somewhere else, and if not it's between Edinburgh and Cardiff for insurance!
    Well if I don't hear from Cardiff or Sheffield in a couple of weeks (both of whom seem to be pretty quick), I'm going to start worrying that my application isn't very strong.

I've heard talk about this Edinburgh/non-Scottish thing; to be honest it sounds like ridiculous rumour to me and nothing more. What have you heard from others, specifically?

Regardless - do try and wait. We're human, which means sometimes what we think is good for us and what is actually good for us are miles apart :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Come on UWE.... You said 14 days you hope to turn around applications.... It's the 14th day now... Come onnnn..... Christmas Pressie please!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumorousGent.)
    Just wait, you impatient [edited out]!
    My thoughts exactly xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleurgh)
    My thoughts exactly xD
    LOL!

You can hardly talk! Going on about Durham combined honours every day! I'm sure you'll get an offer soon - stop going on! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer via email from Leicester for Engineering 5 mins ago!

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is the last day before January 4th I could hear from Warwick, doubt I will though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racoon97)
    LOL!

You can hardly talk! Going on about Durham combined honours every day! I'm sure you'll get an offer soon - stop going on! :p:
    Haha I know. I just like laughing at impatient people cos I know I'm exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    I guess this is the last day before January 4th I could hear from Warwick, doubt I will though
    I thought Warwick were already out for the holidays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    I thought Warwick were already out for the holidays?
    On that email which was sent out to people didn't it say from the 23rd? Maybe I'm wrong though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Just got an offer via email from Leicester for Engineering 5 mins ago!
    Congratulations, that's great!

& good to know that some unis are still working into the holidays to give us our offers..even if it isn't as quick as we'd like!

ReputationRep:
    Id just like London Met to get back to me other than an acknowledgement and for Brighton to update UCAS lol Sheffield Hallam havent gotten in touch but not overly bothered to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Well if I don't hear from Cardiff or Sheffield in a couple of weeks (both of whom seem to be pretty quick), I'm going to start worrying that my application isn't very strong.

I've heard talk about this Edinburgh/non-Scottish thing; to be honest it sounds like ridiculous rumour to me and nothing more. What have you heard from others, specifically?

Regardless - do try and wait. We're human, which means sometimes what we think is good for us and what is actually good for us are miles apart :yes:
    I don't know if it's true, but my French teacher told me that hardly anyone from my school gets into Edinburgh, and that about three years ago one girl got rejected because they thought her email address was stupid! Not like my teacher to tell lies, but it seems a bit unlikely. Still, just remembered I can take up Russian in first year at Ed., so I might begin to lean towards that again!

True, I must try to be patient!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.