Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is so so so so so so boring :yawn:.

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely hooked on the TV show Friday Night Lights. Apparently the film is better so I'm looking forward to watching that. Anyone else watch it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I just watched The Jacket. I'm a bit confused.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't get the whole jumping between him in hospital and him meeting the older Jackie when he's not in hospital? Is there actual time traveling involved?
    I think you should watch it again and find out by yourself. What's the fun in us telling you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Screencap #2:

(Original post by Roobsa)
    I'm completely hooked on the TV show Friday Night Lights. Apparently the film is better so I'm looking forward to watching that. Anyone else watch it?
    Yeah I've seen it all so far. When does the final season start? Also, Mud Bowl is one of the best episodes of a TV show I have ever seen.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i'm baaaaaaaaaack. i know y'all missed me. i'm in the middle of moving house and am officially a sofa surfer so internet is sparse.

last film i saw was Tipping the velvet. although that's technically not a film still brilliant though. and Benedict Cumberbatch is in it :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beecher)
    Yeah I've seen it all so far. When does the final season start? Also, Mud Bowl is one of the best episodes of a TV show I have ever seen.
    I'm only 5 episodes into the first season. I started watching it this morning but I absolutely love it. My friends been trying to get me to watch it for about a year.

I'm looking forward to that episode now!

(Original post by Madjackismad)

It's beechers turn! :shock:

PS. Mulholland Drive

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    It's beechers turn! :shock:

PS. Mulholland Drive

Oops. :teehee:

Oops. :teehee:
    Still haven't watched those Scorsese films you recommended. :sigh:

How would you rank his films?

So far I have

1) Departed
    2) Shutter Island
    3) Gangs of New York

And that's all I have watched. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    The Departed and Shutter Island are awesome. Haven't seen Gangs of New York. Will be downloading it now. :holmes:

Still haven't watched those Scorsese films you recommended. :sigh:

How would you rank his films?

So far I have

1) Departed
    2) Shutter Island
    3) Gangs of New York

And that's all I have watched. :awesome:
    His older movies beat his newer ones by a mile. IMO, I would rank his films as:

1) Taxi Driver
    2) Raging Bull
    3) Goodfellas
    4) The King of Comedy
    5) The Departed
    6) Gangs of New York
    7) Shutter Island

That's all I've seen so far.

ReputationRep:
    If you have seen Mulholland Drive then you are probably familiar with the movie I posted :teehee:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:

1) Taxi Driver
    2) Raging Bull
    3) Goodfellas
    4) The King of Comedy
    5) The Departed
    6) Gangs of New York
    7) Shutter Island

My Scorsese list

1) Goodfellas
    2) Taxi Driver
    3) Last Temptation of Christ
    4) Shutter Island
    5) Gangs of New York
    6) Raging Bull
    7) The Departed

More people should watch Last Temptation of Christ. Even as a non-Christian I thought it was a master piece

(Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    x
    You went to see Inception, what did you think and what are your thoughts on the movie? :holmes:

(Original post by win2kpro)
    The Departed and Shutter Island are awesome. Haven't seen Gangs of New York. Will be downloading it now. :holmes:
    Confession: I fell asleep before the end of Gangs of New York.

1) Taxi Driver

Hm, I want to badly watch Taxi Driver. Any other movies you would recommend? You know along the same lines of Inception, Memento, Prestige, Vanilla Sky etc :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Confession: I fell asleep before the end of Gangs of New York.
    Already downloading.

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I want to badly watch Taxi Driver. Any other movies you would recommend? You know along the same lines of Inception, Memento, Prestige, Vanilla Sky etc :holmes:
    Since we're talking reverse chronology (Memento), I have to suggest Irreversible by one of my favourite directors (Gaspar Noe). It's not for everyone, but damn is it lovely.

As for similar mind-****, Hitchock's Vertigo and Bergman's Persona (Mulholland Drive's direct inspiration) are great if you haven't seen them. As for something more contemporary, try Bad Lieutenant. It's not for everyone either (for example, wasn't for me) but I've heard of a lot of people who liked it. So worth a shot.

On the other hand, if you just like Nolan's style, go for Fincher movies. Most people who like one, like the other

Which movie to re-watch? :nooo:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.